“Excellent Stay”

Furama Bukit Bintang
Ranked #51 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 7 friends in June 2012. We booked the Executive Suites which were very well priced and the service was great. The rooms were really large, on the same floor as the Executive Lounge in which we had complimentary breakfast and afternoon cocktails and beers along with a selection of food every day of our 5 nights. The location was very good, almost right over the road from the Berjaya Times Shopping Mall, a huge place with it's own indoor theme park on the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th floor complete with roller coaster and all. Would not hesitate to reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frits L
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Mr Frits,

Greetings from Furama Hotel, Bukit Bintang!

The team wants to send you a quick note of appreciation for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the readers of this website.

We certainly look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We booked this hotel on line as it "looked"great for the price.
The arrival area, foyer, dining area and pool area were well presented. Once in the lift, hallways and rooms it was a different story. Old, shabby and smelt musty, with poor lighting.
Our room had a broken toiletseat and a leaking out et from the hand basin. The bed was uncomfortable, and air conditioner noisy. The veiw from the room was bad - derilect bguildings, rubbish piled up in the streets, and a car park.
The room was serviced late in the day, always when we returned from a day trip(after 4pm).
Only one card provided per room so had to go every where together as card was required to access the lift, etc.
The price of food and drinks were high in the hotel.
The location is good with easy accesss to the monorail, malls, etc.
No information available for tours, activities, entertainment or where to dine out, etc.
Staff had poor understanding of the english language and didn't present as welcomimg.
There was alot of road works and building in the area, creating alot of excessive noise. Using the pool was unplesant due to this noise, unable to have a conversation comfortably.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We were on 18th floor and friends were on the 14th floor and neither room would be recommended.

Dear Mr & Mrs Sandy,

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently at Furama Hotel, Bukit Bintang, may we take this opportunity to express our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments with regards to your recent stay.

We, at Furama strive to provide a memorable experience equal to your expectations, therefore, the quality of the guest experiences are of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we perform in the customer's eyes is critical in moving this hotel to a higher level.

We value your feedback and will share your comments with the team for further improvements.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've read a lot of the recent reviews on this hotel and a trend seems to occur around the cleanliness of it. I have to say that this was not the case when I was there. This in fact was one of the good points. The place was spotless al over.

My experience at the Furama didn't start well but was quickly rectified and only got better from there.

We booked a Double deluxe room but when we got up to our room found out it was a twin. A simple error i thought. When I called reception to enquire about this I was told that there were no double rooms available so I had to have a twin. This annoyed me for a couple of reasons. Why couldn't I have been told this at reception when I was checking in and I booked a double room so that's what I wanted. I said that I wasn't prepared to stay in a twin room and wanted to be moved but was told that I would either have to pay to upgrade or wait until the next day to move rooms. I decided to go down to reception to discuss this further. I asked why I would be sold a double room when they didn't have enough - couldn't be answered. I asked why I had to pay to upgrade the room when it was the hotels error - wasn't answered. I asked if there was someone to complain to - I was laughed at. (this was the point I had to leave reception before losing my temper). My girlfriend and I decided that we would pay to upgrade our room (300 MYR a night) and we would sort this out later. I went up to our new room which was lovely, terrific views, very well furnished and comfortable and had the doouble bed I wanted. I wrote a letter to the hotel manager and asked the receptionists to pass it on to him/her. 20 Minutes later the duty manager called me, extremely appologetic for the way we had been treated and the issues we had. She agreed to give us our upgrade for free but I wanted it to be clear that this had nothing to do with the money side of things, it was the fact that I hadn't been given what I had paid for and the way the receptionists had reacted.

Putting that passed us we got on with our stay. The pool was lovely, food was very good, although go to breakfast early to ensure you get the best selection available. The concierge team were tremendous. Very friendly and very knowledgable. They arranged taxis, dinner reservations and tickets for us with ease.

All the staff were friendly and always wished me a good morning/evening.

Location was good, it's on the outskirts of Bukit Bintang but only a 4 min walk to the nearest mall which is also the nearest train/tram and sky train station. We walked from the Pretonas Towers back to the hotle in about 25 mins.

I liked this hotel after the inital complaint and would definately stay there again.

I don't know if a new manager has come in within the last month or two but from the reviews i've read prior to my stay up until now there seems to have been massive improvements.

My only issue would be with reception, if they were as helpful and cared as much as the other staff we encountered this hotel would be hard to fault.

Room Tip: Ensure you add a note on your reservation for a double room if booking a deluxe or superior room. Bu...
1  Thank Davinglis

Dear Mr Davinglis,

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Checking into a unfamiliar room type can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of your stay. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future.

We, at Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang strive to provide a Malaysian experience equal to your expectations, therefore, the quality of the guest experiences are of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we perform in the customer's eyes is critical in moving Furama Bukit Bintang into a higher level.

Your comments are a valuable tool in our commitment to provide higher standards of service to our guest. It is gratifying when one of our guest takes the time to let us know of their satisfaction. We will certainly pass along your comments to our staff.

Whilst compliments are nice to receive, it was always a disappointment to hear from our guest that their stay was not flawless. It is constructive criticism such as yours that help us take necessary corrective measures, bringing us closer to our goal.

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a big high-rise hotel without a lot of special character, close to the huge Times Square shopping complex, the monorail, and the entertainment area of Bukit Bintang. A staff member told us the hotel had been built as serviced apartments before it was taken over as a hotel - which would explain the wonderfully sized rooms (we had a separate bedroom and roomy lounge room complete with desk and office chair), and also the oddly small lifts for a big hotel (not big enough to squeeze more than a couple of people and their luggage. Sometimes there was a queue at the bottom waiting to get up the lift.) The front desk staff were nice and helpful, but the hotel was busy when we stayed and the buffet breakfast was chaotic, and jostling with other diners intent on loading up plates with food was a bit like being in a rugby scrum (how about two buffet tables operating when the hotel is so busy?) The decor in the hallways is a bit 1980s and looks as if it could do with a revamp. So nice rooms, tired decor, friendly staff, but all in all a little bit lacking in soul.

Dear Mr Rodger,

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Though your time of visit the hotel was operating at a very high occupancy but we will definitely fine tuned it to improve in our breakfast volume.

Once again, thank you for the great feedbacks and we will definitely work on areas that need further improvement.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Furama Bukit Bintang
I did not enjoy may stay here. On arrival, the staff were professional, but cool and apparently not aware of the fact that they worked in the hospitality industry, however we were processed efficiently.

Our rooms were on the 9th floor and the first thing that greeted us when the lift doors opened was a dingy corridor with a dingy carpet and the smell of stale cigarette smoke (even though this was supposed non-smoking floor but more of that later). We had been upgraded to a suite and were looking forward to a relaxing stay. On opening the room door, we were met again by dingy lighting, dingy carpet and the most boring dingy furniture. The lounge suite looked as if it came from a budget second hand store. The bar fridge was also empty.
At 9.00 am the next day we headed down for breakfast. The first problem was the lifts (elevators), there were simply too many guests going to or coming from breakfast for them to be able to cope. So with other guests from our floor we waited over ten minutes for a marginally less full one to arrive and then we packed in like sardines (For those who know rugby, it was like a maul). Finally we arrived at the very busy breakfast room, and the breakfast was very good.

That night, after a long day sightseeing (don’t try to go up the PETRONAS Towers on a Monday, it’s closed) we arrived back at our floor to find a full on party going on in the adjacent room, front door ajar, lots of noise and so much cigarette smoke that I can only assume that the smoke detectors were not functioning otherwise we would have had to evacuate the building!
By the early hours of the morning, so much smoke was finding its way into our room via the ventilation system that we had to open the windows and switch on the bathroom’s extractor fan to clear the air. By morning all our clothes that were not packed away stank of stale cigarette smoke.

Checking out was painless and that night we relaxed in the luxury of the Langham in Auckland. What a contrast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear valued guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently at Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang, may we take this opportunity to express our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to review on to your recent stay with us.

Your comments are a valuable tool in our commitment to provide higher standards of service to our guest. I'm sorry that your stay was not as you expected and that I was not aware of most of these challenges while you were here so they could have been addressed immediately. Furama is a smoke free hotel indeed and if we were informed about the smoking in the next room, we would have inform the other guest accordingly or perhaps offer a room change immediately.

We have noted on your comment on the lift traffic as the hotel was operating at a very high occupancy which result to a certain delay in the lifts.

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Furama Bukit Bintang.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

A comparatively new hotel, well situated in the golden triangle. The rooms are great, the staff helpfull and the breakfast excellent. It is also excellent value and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 nights stay. Perhaps the only complaint is that the hotel charges a fixed rate for summoning a taxi to the airport which includes a 10MYR fee for the service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bizgarrick

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang!

Thank you for your detailed review on the website.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the readers of this website. We are happy to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to your comment about the fix service charge of RM10 for taxi to airport, that is certainly not our hotel policy. I would appreciate if you could provide me more details and I shall investigate further. You may reach me at gerrydcruz@furama.com

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Centrally located in Kuala Lumpur's vibrant Golden Triangle, Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang is within close proximity of Bukit Bintang, Berjaya Times Square and Chinatown. Featuring 433 guest rooms, guests can enjoy the spectacular views of the city. For shopaholics, you are conveniently located near the main shopping belts with Imbi Station being just a few minutes’ walk away. With expressways and public transport close by, you have easy access to major tourist spots of the city. Boasting its elegant and modern 27-storey building, Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang is the place for everyone.

Room Tip: Take the higher rooms....you'll see the KL tower and the twin towers
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oswald D
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent your recent stay at Furama Hotel, Bukit Bintang.

We, strive to provide a Malaysian experience equal to your expectations. Therefore, the quality of the guest experience is of the utmost importance to us.

It is gratifying when one of our guests takes the time to let us know of their satisfaction. We will certainly pass along your comment to our employees. I know that they will be very pleased to find that their efforts were appreciated.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us as well as giving us the opportunity to serve you.