“Impressive Building but poorly designed - not conducive to stay!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Furama Bukit Bintang

Furama Bukit Bintang
Ranked #49 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Impressive Building but poorly designed - not conducive to stay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Yes, the Hotel Building is very new, and if you look from outside, it is indeed impressive. However, if you entered the Hall leading to the Reception Counter (although spacious), there is no interior design for this Hotel. The Hotel Room is small but still accomodative if for 1 night stay! The worst thing for the night is the noisy sound generated from outside the Hotel Room/neighbouring Room! No sound proof at all, and therefore poor sleep for the night. No choice, we requested for room change the next day!
The Hotel Management should look into the improvement of the sound proof for the Hotel Room.
This is to avoid guest just for one time stay only.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor; and make sure no room facing your room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank philipleeyk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here for one night in June 2012. The staff were friendly, and accomodating, they held our bags for a full day after we had checked out. The staff seem professional.
The room was nicely made up, bed so comfy and no issues with cleanliness or mould or anything.
They seem to do deals, so it's not bad value for a central location.
There was the smell of cigarette smoke in the room-I think it was coming through the A/C.
The reason I'm writing this is to warn anyone visiting KL that the Blue Taxis outside are very over priced. I was told by the consiage that it was 6 ringit more than normal taxi per trip, we were happy to play this to avoid the hassle of going out to the street to hail a taxi and make sure it was metered.
We got a long trip to airport and it was over double what we had paid going the same trip in a metered taxi, the blue taxi meters just go up so quickly, it's like they are on a different rate.
So I would recommend for any trip that is not immediately local to go hail a metered taxi on the street.
The hotel over all was a comfortable stay, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fionab555
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

i was at Furama bukit bintang with my friend because i got a discount coupon together with my flight tickets. the price not really that expensive but it wasn't cheap either. I was expecting a bath tub however i still happy with their shower and they even provide couple of robes, which exceed my expectation. the breakfast was really good with so many choices of local and western foods. I really like their guava juice and the staff also really helpful. the only thing that botthered me: its hard to order the food after midnight as their restaurant already closed (at that time i was in my jetlag mood, so hardly sleep and hungry!). they should consider have it open for 24hrs.,,the location also a bit off from the mall as it not located at jalan imbi (times square) or jalan bukit bintang. but i still had a good walk around.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank S S
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

For 2 days in a room we have returned after 5PM to find the room not made up. Have had to talk to housekeeping supervisor both times.

Breakfast "hot" items are cold.

Adequate hotel that could do a lot better.

Location is okay but the walk, at night, from Imbi station is "interesting" -- dodging potholes, broken drains. Shortcut through deserted building had less hazards and better lighted.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ross T
melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

iv never written a review before ,but feel so strongly about the state of this hotel ,im compelled to write one . as a previous contributer says ,sheets are stained , windows filthy, mold in sink and shower , our room (deluxe) wasnt even vacumed properly. how this gets one decent review is astonishing ,definetly the worst weve ever stayed in . breakfast is so overcrowed and pretty average . nice pool ,if you can get in it. slum area , nothing western to eat around hotel . absolute disgrace this place and advertised as asias premier business hotel . hotel staff must be writing there own reviews

Room Tip: check room ,sheets, mold in sinks ,before you sign in ,good luck
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gill r
Brighouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed at the Furama for just 1 night at the end of May 2012. The attention given to us by all the staff, was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble.
The room was a very good size, and so was the bathroom!
The pool was a decent size, with tables and loungers.
All the little extras made it just that bit more special than most hotels - the bathrobes, slippers, complimentary toothbrushes and shaving kits.
We decided to eat in while we were there, as the buffet looked very tempting. It was delicious and plenty of choice. Again the restaurant staff were very attentive and gave us a warm greeting and handshake as we left.
I would certainly go back there, if ever in KL again.
Although it was near to the Berjaya Times Square, it was a little walk out of the main shopping/eating area of KL, but not too bad. 5 minutes to monorail station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcmpat
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

First and Foremost I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Yuki (guest service manager), Rafael(Assistant manager) and team who ensured our stay was flawless.
I have been in touch with Yuki 2 months prior to my arrival to arrange a surprise for my mum as I was too busy with work and did not have time to celebrate Mother’s day. Superb follow up by the team and I am so glad I chose just the right hotel.
Check-In was smooth, we arrived early and we had early Check-In of course it is subject to availability but we were lucky to have the room ready and a surprise upgrade was accorded (this is something we as guest must not expect because it does not happen all the time) and I fully understood of course as I too comes from hotel line.
When we arrived, the room was cooling and a surprise was ready, a bouquet of flower which I had ordered, a birthday cake for my baby brother and 2 cards of well wishes. We were amazed, and especially that I have younger siblings and the fact that they enjoyed the room, the stay, breakfast, gym and pool, I am happy as can be. Yuki was not around at check-in but she sent us a courteous email that her assistant, Rafael will take over. We stayed for 3 nights and she called us on our second and third day to follow up and ensure that everything is well taken care of and that we enjoyed our stay. We finally met up with my mum ordering a slice of cake from in-room dining to be presented to Yuki as a form of THANK YOU.
TO FURAMA TEAM, THANK YOU AND WE WILL BE BACK SOON! And I am looking at the suite

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK, THEY ARE AMAZING!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family