“Perfect for a chilled stay in KL”

Damas Suites and Residences
Madrid, Spain
“Perfect for a chilled stay in KL”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is located in a quite residential area of Kuala Lumpur, a stone throw away from the newly built Malasian King Palace and a nice shopping centre, a 15 min journey from Chinatown (if no traffic). The apartments are very modern, clean and have quiet. The infinite pool is great. So is the gym. The staff is friendly, professional and speak excellent english. Prices for the rooms are very good and the ratio quality/price is excellent. The only downside is that the breakfast buffet is quite limited, but I would definitely recommend the hotel and next time I'll be in KL I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Resident899, Manager at Damas Suites and Residences, responded to this review, September 6, 2013

WARM GREETINGS FROM DAMAS SUITES & RESIDENCES

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Damas Suites & Residence. We look forward to welcome you back to Damas Suites & Residences.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Attending a convention nearby and chose the nearest place to sleep after a day's work, and got this hotel via internet (stayed 4 days). Location wise, it's great as less than 10mins by car to place of convention to avoid the horrible jam at Jalan Duta from KL or PJ.

It was night time, managed to find the premises and went into carpark but really cannot find out which direction to the hotel lobby. You see, its kinda located among shop houses and you need to navigate your way to the reception. Ok found it. Not bright and dimly lit. It was raining heavily on the day we checked in, and the rooms were in different buildings away from the reception. Need to walk some distance and not all walkway is covered, so got caught in rain. Guards did provide umbrellas but there were other guests also waiting for it.

Am okay with the room but on the few nights stayed there, there were people talking very loudly on the corridors and the slamming of doors in the middle of the night. You could hear BANG, SLAM, THUD almost all night/and morning too for breakfast, when they knocked and talked loudly among themselves. Not a very good night sleep. Highlighted to reception and they mentioned tourist group from PRC.

Breakfast was okay, location okay if you have things to do within this area to avoid the jams in the morning/evening, and a walkway link to Hartamas complex for some shopping/eating is convenient. However, would not recommend for single female to stay as kinda isolated and too quiet surroundings especially in the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Resident899, Manager at Damas Suites and Residences, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from Damas Suites & Residences.

We would like to thank you for taking time in sharing with us your kind feedback while staying at Damas Suites & Residences.

We wish to sincerely apologize for the Door Banging incident. We have informed our security to closely monitor all guest going up to their respective rooms and to assist them. Also our concierge has also been briefed on this matter. Rest assured that we are seriously looking into this matter.

We look forward welcoming you back at Damas Suites & Residences.

Thank you for staying with us.

The Management.

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Toronto
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This 'hotel' is a big area, it has three big main buildings but me and my taxi driver couldnt find the front desk. When I did they were polite and even helped take me to my room, it was raining and there were areas where you would get wet. The room was large and clean, I really enjoyed it. However, the shower had no real separation from the rest of the bathroom so parts of the bathroom got soaked, no curtains or glass door. The wifi is TERRIBLE barely any coverage and I literally sat next to my sink, which is by the front door to get enough wifi to be writing this review. The service isnt that great either, I called to ask about my wifi since I couldnt even find the network by the desk, they said they would come and check. Then I called back to ask about an adaptor he said he will go check and call me back in 20 mins. I waited 45 mins thinking maybe he was dealing with other customers to have to finally go down, to the other building to repeat my problems. The men looked like they didnt care or be bothered. He said we dont have adaptors and I had to ask where to go he told me 'uh theres a shopping center over there' then about the wifi, they said to restart my device like it was my own fault their wifi doesnt work. He said I need to go closer to the blue table because the wifi cant reach areas in the room...ridiculous, what if I was on business and had to do work? There are no peep holes or secondary lock latch on the door, just the one lock which didnt make a solo female traveller feel safe. I could hear EVERYTHING outside my door, in the room next to me and above very clearly. The TV barely has channels and the few that did were just pixels for you to guess whats happening. Besides the big, clean room I dont see anything too special about this hotel. Its just a basic place to stay but dont expect 4~5 star experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Resident899, Manager at Damas Suites and Residences, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Firstly we wish to apologize for the unpleasant service which was rendered by our staff member when you had requested for an adapter. We have now transferred all adapters to the front office so that it will be easier to give it to our guest whenever requested . As for the wi-fi, we are now in the process of discussion with our internet provider on improving the current wi-fi services.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies. Should wish to clarify on any issues kindly email us at enquiries@damas-suites.com.

Once again Thank you and hope to see again at Damas Suites & Residences.

The management.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed almost two months, the service is awful.

Reception never answer the phone at night.

Some woman at the reception, doesnt know how to treat customer.

Asking for a pool tower, she said doesnt have.

Some tourists are making noise at midnight, so i talked to reception( i visit reception because they dont answer the phone) but they did nothing.

Security guards are friendly, housekeepers too. But they dont clean room "clean".

Every Thursday night, some restaurant play very loud music till 2:00 a.m. Located right across the street. Cannot sleep every Thursday.

I dont recommend this hotel. i should know tripadvisor before check in here..

• Stayed June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a long term guest in this "4 stars hotel", stay here for almost 3 months now, but don't think that I stay so much long here because of it is a good hotel or it have good service; it definitely not!!! Don't be cheated by it's website or the photo! Yes, it is true that the room structure, design and the size make the room comfortable, but this is not all for a "4 star hotel", or we could not call it as hotel, is just a service apartment. Don't think that I will receive a good service or special treatment from them from my long stay, you will not believe I get even worst service compare the to short stay.

Example 1, it's website said "DVD machine provide in the room upon request", I have requested month ago, but still not available...they provided the reason of "we don't have enough stock of DVD machine". Example 2, my room continuously 3 days no hot water supply, when requested from the front desk, they said "sorry, today (Sunday) our technician not available, it can fix only tomorrow..." Can you believe a "hotel" no technician standby? Example 3, requested a shower curtain (they will normally provide shower curtain for long term guest) 2 times, but after 2 weeks still not fix...This all examples just small part of my stay experience, if you like to spend money suck service, try it!

Why am I still stay for so long at this kind of service? Because I came here for business trip, no choice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Resident899, Manager at Damas Suites and Residences, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on the services of Damas Suites & Residences.

Firstly, our very sincere apologies on the bad experience which you had encountered during your stay with us. Every feedback from our guest is very important for us. We have trained and reminded all our associates to ensure that all guest request must be fulfilled within 15 minutes of request. If any items requested not available than it must be brought up to immediate attention of the management.

We have also investigated on the issue of 'No Technician on Sunday'. We deeply apologize for this issue. On Sundays we have all our employees working including a MANAGER ON DUTY (MOD). We have also reminded our associates to look into the needs and request of our valued guest seriously.

Should you have anymore feedback or wish to clarify on any issues you may email to rm@damas-suites.com.

Thank You for your kind feedback.

The Management.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Definitely not a "hotel" but more like service apartments.
Close to Publika which I like to hang out at and Hartamas shopping centre is directly opposite this property. If you have reasons to stay out of the KL City area, can consider this place.

1. Reception and the actual residences are not located in the same block. Took me awhile to find the reception. Staff was friendly and gave me the high floor as requested. When I checked in to my room, the reception called me to ask if I was satisfied with the room and do let them know if I need anything.

2. The security guards were friendly and always greeted me when I come by.
Had a problem with my security access card to access the lift floors. So everytime I needed to return to my room level, I need to find the security guard on duty. Even reception did not have a spare card for me.
Room was using the usual Keys to open and not electronic access. Kind of old school style here.

3. Rooms were spacious but the position of the aircon is not centralized. This means it takes a long while for the room to cool down.
Toilets were clean but the shower area had no curtains/doors. This means the floor is always wet after shower! However due to the good ventilation, the floor tends to dry quickly. No tubs.

Bed comfort was average but the pillows were not comfortable. Too soft for me.

4. Plenty of parking if you drive however, the payment machines are always out of order. So you got to hunt for the working ones. $1RM per entry.

5. I will return to stay at this place again if there's promotional rates.

Lastly..... management should provide your guests disposable bathroom slippers. Floors are not carpeted so walking on the cold tiles at night can be such discomfort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeffrey_Lim
Malacca, Malaysia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is one of the most horrifying and lousiest hotels I have ever stayed. I chose this Hotel due to its proximity to my place of appointment. However, the stay really gave me the creep and left much to be desired.

It looks nice on the surface and in the website but.....it is really a big "let-down". Even though is is located within the Hartamas shopping complex, it is not a safe place especially for ladies to stay. The parking area is massive but look eery! There is no guard at all. Despite the many news circulated about providing securities for ladies shoppers, the management of Damas / Hartamas shopping complex is NOT bothered. It seems to hold true to the saying "Don't do anything unless it happens!".

There is no signboard from the parking area direct to the lobby or to the hotel. The reception is situated in one corner with no clear signboard. There are only a handful of foreign guards guarding the so-called hotel compound. The suites which I was given was situated in different block from the reception. As stated by another guest, there is no covered walkway. If it rains, you will be wet.

The hotel tries to incorporate some kind of security features by giving hotel guests access cards for the elevator. If you do not have the access card, you will not be able to access the particular floor where your suite is situated. When I checked in, no access card was given. When I questioned the reception, I was given the answer that a guard will always be around the elevator. After dinner (about 10pm), when I wanted to get back to my room, NO guard was manning near the elevator! After waiting for more than 5 minutes, I had no choice but to walk up the staircase. Is this a good security feature??

The room is rather big. However, as the "beauty" is only skin deep. The designer of the suites has never put a guest's comfort in mind when designing the suites. As the room is big or rather long, there is only one air-cond and the air-cond is fixed in the living room. There is a glass door that could be used to separate the living room from the bedroom. However, if one were to close the glass door, the person will not have access to the air-cond.

Having a washing machine is not really useful if you are only staying for a night or 2. What is more important is to have sufficient plug points. As this is essential for those who need the plug points to connect to their laptop or to charge their phones.

There is also no space in the bathroom to hang our clothes when you need to shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business