“Average in a city of excellence.........”

The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #101 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Average in a city of excellence.........”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in the Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences, in August. the rooms are immaculate and very spacious, the design is also modern and clean. We stayed for 3 nights enroute to Bali and chose this hotel in preference to our usual Hotel in KL the Pan pacific Regency for a change. Incidently we booked the Pan Pacific on the way back!!

the Pool and Gym area were excellent, As was the food in the restaurant in the evening. Location is a great selling point for this hotel, barely 10 mins from the lively Changkat / bukit bintang Centre.
The only issues we had was with the Breakfasts , which were poor in comparison with most other hotels of this class and some of the other guests. When you book a suite at this pricepoint you get great value , however some of the other guests working to tight budgets are more Football shirt wearing than Polo shirt wearing, I know this sounds arrogant but I had a few conversations with the staff, who raised eyebrows at some of the ruder middle-eastern guests, Pushing into breakfast queues quite a lot of spitting and generally behaviour I would chastise my children for, although this is not the fault of the hotel and their hard working staff, it does diminish the enjoyment of your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank teddywah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel and residentice in KL. Nearly 33 levels. More you go up you get the view of the beautiful city. Nice rooms with attached bathrooms. Excellent food and services. I have stayed on the 28th floor of the south wing in a 2 bedroom apartment. Both rooms has the attached bathrooms. And a kitchen and sitting area. Very nice beds.

• Stayed September 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed there couple days during new year. It's a very nice place to stay with family... big room, kitchen and nice bathroom. It has a very nice pool and small playground for kids. It is very near to bukit bintang and bus station to go to genting. Very helpful concierge and last great breakfast!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pakistan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is Great, within walking distance to BUKIT BINTANG (shopping Centers and restaurant areas). Rooms are clean and Large. Very Freindly and cooperative Staff. Lots of Varities in Breakfast with the good taste. It was a good choice....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a first time solo traveler spending my first few days in Kuala Lumpur I decided to avoid the hostel route whilst I found my feet so to speak. I chose Swiss Garden Residences as my accommodation and I cannot speak highly enough. I arrived off an early flight at 10am and though my check in was 3pm they had my apartment ready and I was allowed in at no additional cost.
The accommodation was spotless and very luxurious considering the price was equivalent to that of Premier Inn in a UK city. The staff were more than helpful with any questions relating to the area and didn't once try to push any of their own tours. The food was outstanding though yes heavily priced compared to the surrounding cafes, etc therefore, on a travelers budget, I opted to only dine there one.
The gym and pool were also spot on in an idylic surroundings given the busy city centre just below them.
I needed to work whilst there and the internet, though dropping every now and again never stopped me in my daily routine.
In summary, I would highly recommend the place, suitable for families, romantic getaways and solo travelers like myself (though don't expect the social experience you may get from hostels though I am yet to try hostels at the time of writing this!).

Room Tip: I went for an executive apartment as it had free internet along breakfast included. Both of these h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SteveChadaway
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were in KL for last vacation. Since it was only me and my daughter, we chose to stay in a good place. Swiss garden was the place we stayed awesome, Almost all the time my daughter was happy inside the rooms rather than outside. We enjoyed the stay 100%.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Booked the hotel on Agoda, however upon arrival, they told us that we were upgraded to the newer residences.

The lobby looks newer, facilities are ok. The location is just behind the Swiss Garden hotel linked by a link bridge at the 2nd level. Breakfast spread is minimal.

The Room: Booked deluxe at Swiss garden Hotel, but in residence it was quite small. Basic amenities, free WIFI in room and lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
#22 of 346 in Kuala Lumpur
The Kuala Lumpur Journal
The Kuala Lumpur Journal
#21 of 346 in Kuala Lumpur

Been to The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur

Property: The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur
Address: 117 Jalan Pudu, Kuala Lumpur 55100, Malaysia
Location: Malaysia > Wilayah Persekutuan > Kuala Lumpur
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#64 Luxury Hotel in Kuala Lumpur
Hotel Class:4 star — The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel & Residences Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Residences @ Swiss-Garden Hotel And Residences