“Just love this restaurant....”
Review of Ben's

Ben's
Ranked #1,643 of 4,287 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From a breezy marine penthouse to a sophisticated Manhattan townhouse, a Savannah plantation, an understated Australian house and a 1900s colonial-style interior; Ben's unique decor is modelled after a dream-like home right here in Malaysia. As a home-grown restaurant with its signature style, emphasis is placed on the familial quality that Ben's has adopted, hence the value of building relationships through food in a cosy and welcoming environment. Taking on a modern interpretation of East-meets-West, there are plenty of choices for everyone to enjoy. Whether for coffee, a big family get together or even a relaxed weekend brunch, Ben's is perfect for any occasion and welcomes friends and families to enjoy themselves just as they would at home.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Delicious food, coffee, cake and decor comes together to ensure a lovely dining experience. I have dined at both Ben's in Bangsar Shopping Centre and at KLCC. Although both venues have inviting upholstered chairs my favourite are the comfy chairs at KLCC - just great to sit and enjoy afternoon tea or just a coffee with cake. I ate the Tofu salad which was so fresh and delicious and garnished with peanuts - great mix of textures. My husband had the mushroom pie with mashed potato - so yummy. We took home the Classic Cheese Cake and is was a fight over who got the biggest piece! I found Ben's at Bangsar SC can be a bit noisy when busy as they have metal dining chairs on tile floors but given how popular this venue is it doesn't seem to bother too many people. I think everyone is so busy reading the amazing menu of yummy food on offer that the noise is of no concern. Forgot to mention that they do a great decafienated coffee. Such a great space, great delicious food and really good value for money.

1  Thank Christeene818
There are newer reviews for Ben's

Reviewed February 3, 2014

On entering Ben's I was pleasantly surprised how cosy it was compared to the other restaurants we'd been in in the Mall. We ordered a bottle of red. Buffalo Wings to share as a starter, Mac and cheese and Chicken & prawn laksa as mains. Now read carefully .... Waitress comes over .." Sorry no buffalo wings left " ok ordered nacho's instead. Wine came after 3 rd time of asking. Then they came over and said "sorry no Mac & Cheese " okay now we were starting to get a little annoyed .... We ordered fish & Chips instead. Had a sip of wine and over came a waiter with ...... Mac & cheese! We said " you just told us you had sold it all and we haven't had starters yet!" Getting very annoyed now. Nachos arrived ... Less than average. Fish & chips arrived, looked quite good ...... Then we waited and waited. My husband won't eat until I have my meal ..... Eventually my laksa arrived. Fish & chips were good so my husband said. Laksa was less than average. Red wine was good! We asked one of the waiters to ask the manager to come over. He went and asked but the manager ignored our request. By now it was probably as well he didn't come over ...... I was not happy. The staff were lovely but so badly trained, they hadn't a clue. As for the manager ..... I'd sack him. Will not be back ...ever.

2  Thank KiliGran
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is my second time here (Suria KLCC and Pavillion) and it doesn't disappoint me. Food arrived under 10 mins. Nice ambience. Mouth watering dessert. Their charred grilled seafood aglio olio is a must try =)

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We got there and ordered 2 dishes:
A grilled cheese sandwich
A burger

Seems a simple order? It took over 45 minutes to get served.

After that long wait we expected something amazing, it was average.

If you have free time and don't mind waiting go here.

On the plus side the waiter was very friendly not his fault the cook is slow

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We came early while waiting for the rest and we took the sofa type of seating with view through the window can see the fountain. There are food for appetizers, main dish, etc as well as desserts. A good place to hang out with friends with good food.