“Sweet place with great relaxed decor and menu” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ben's
Ranked #793 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Australian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: From a breezy marine penthouse to a sophisticated Manhattan townhouse, a Savannah plantation, an understated Australian house and a 1900s colonial-style interior; Ben's unique decor is modelled after a dream-like home right here in Malaysia. As a home-grown restaurant with its signature style, emphasis is placed on the familial quality that Ben's has adopted, hence the value of building relationships through food in a cosy and welcoming environment. Taking on a modern interpretation of East-meets-West, there are plenty of choices for everyone to enjoy. Whether for coffee, a big family get together or even a relaxed weekend brunch, Ben's is perfect for any occasion and welcomes friends and families to enjoy themselves just as they would at home.
Hobart, Australia
“Sweet place with great relaxed decor and menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Up the top of Pavilion Shopping Mall is this great place for lunch or just to wile away a few hours. Great prices and extensive menu with a kind of chic tropical feel - high ceiling and light blue and white shutters. Neat! We had a Nachos for 16 ringgit - yummy. Cocktail was great. There is an outside bar which would work a treat at night when the jackhammers next door stop.

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
“Extremely poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just had a late lunch at Ben's KLCC. First impression of the wait staff was poor. He crooked his finger to indicate follow him and placed in a crowded area eventhough the place is half empty. Once seated I have to wait 15 minutes before the waiter took my order. Oh, and he took another table's order first eventhough I was seated 5 minutes earlier. The food was okay, I had the macaroni and cheese. When came time for the bill, I have to wait 10 more minutes before someone came and collect the money. Definately would not recommend the place.

Sanaa, Yemen
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I came to this place 3 times and i love their steaks and their Tiramisu, friendly staff and the atmosphere was cute. You must eat there if you are around KLCC. Their kitchen close at 9:45 and a bit costly.

Australia
“Rustic-chic... Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing concept for a restaurant. Rustic-chic as their website states. We had te most amazing dinner and the atmosphere, furnishig and decor were fantastic. They have talking cards on the table to encourage conversation- very clever! We had the chicken and vegetable pie, Belgium fries and wagu beef pie lovely! The desserts looked so temping but we were so full... We are considering walking over to their other restaurant at Pavillion. Great experience!

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Terrible Sevice & Management obviously doesn't care”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am appalled that this restaurant has continually received terrible reviews about the service and that the same couldn't care less attitude is still happening. Clearly the owner either doesn't care about people enjoying their dining experience or doesn't understand what adequate service is.

To put our experience into perspective let me say that we are people who like to take our time over a meal and hate going into restaurants where they rush you in and rush you out. Neither are we customers who expect the serving staff to run around us all of the time and are very undemanding individuals. Our experience is as follows;

On arrival we were shown to a table and given a food menu but had to chase up a drinks menu. We sat for a long time trying to get a waiter so we could order a bottle of wine whilst we decided on our food choice. The restaurant was busy but there were plenty of staff who were seen chatting amongst themselves. Eventually we got a waiters attention and told him that we would have a drink whilst whilst deciding on our food choice and ordered a bottle of wine - which didn't arrive. We then flagged down the same waiter and ordered our food expecting the wine to follow shortly again it didn't.

My spaghetti arrived and I asked where the wine was and it was only then that it was brought to the table. My husbands order of Moroccan pie and a side order of fries was nowhere to be seen. However, what was brought to the table on THREE occasions was the side order of fries and each time we sent them away and told he waiter that there was also a pie with the order and that we wanted them served at the same time.! We told the waiter that we were not happy because we wanted to eat our meals at the same time and he just glared at us and on walking away from the table was seen to be having a fit of temper about us with another waiter.

Eventually the pie did arrive with the same portion of fries which was now stone cold. I waited to start my food until my husbands arrived and by this time it was also cold. I expected to be asked if I wanted some parmesan cheese on my spaghetti, but I wasn't. I was half way through my pasta before we got the attention of the waiter and asked for cheese salt and pepper. The cheese arrived but no salt or pepper so I had to ask again. Overall the food was poor and the service disgraceful.

Under normal circumstances we would have brought our overall disappointment to the attention of the restaurant manager but we had just arrived on holiday and didn't want spoil the start to our holiday with any unpleasantness. So, we decided to pay up and never return. Its only when I sat down to write this review that I realised that others have had the same poor experience.

Im at a loss to understand how it can be difficult to fulfil a simple order of spaghetti, pie and fries and a bottle of wine with reasonable service.

Do yourself a favour either eat in at home or find somewhere else because you WILL be disappointed here.

• Visited June 2013