“Good if you have realistic expectations”
Review of Fahrenheit Suites

Fahrenheit Suites
Ranked #288 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Don't expect a hotel, this is a minimally serviced apartment. It gets cleaned daily but that is all, you need to be somewhat self sufficient. If you love the luxury and pampering of a hotel, this is not the place for you. However if you know how to take care of yourself, this place can be a great spacious alternative.

Brilliant central city location for shopping and FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! Eating is a Malaysian national pastime so there are countless places to eat all kinds of food, all cheap and all delicious. FYI I've never had gastro from food poisoning in Malaysia, only from drinking the water or ice blocks/ice desserts when I let my guard down.
As well as Pavilion across the road, Lot 10 and Sungai Wang are a short walk away, KLCC twin towers is a 10 minute walk away via a covered and mostly air conditioned walkway, and there are 2 grocery stores nearby. And a delicious gelato vendor right downstairs!
Check out the Pavilion food court on level 1, I especially recommend the green tea egg tarts. i look forward to those every time I go :-)

Access to the suites is not obvious, need to take 2 elevators to get up to apartments. The elevator doors close as soon as they open unless you hold the central door flap.
Front counter staff were okay, the manager was very professional.
Housekeeping staff were very friendly and did a good job.

We stayed for 11 nights in a 2 bedroom suite, we started on the 13th floor, on the 3rd and 4th nights I heard loud bass thumping from the 4th floor nightclub we didn't know existed. Kept me awake, but upon mentioning it to the manager he happily moved us up to the 18th floor and I didn't hear any more.
Other family travelling with us stayed on floor 12 and didn't care enough about the noise to move. I have very good hearing though which is not always a good thing!
The space of the apartment was great for the kids compared to a hotel room. With food so close and so varied, I didn't miss room service or hotel breakfasts at all. I only rated "room service" as "terrible" because it doesn't exist.

Aircons in the rooms blow directly onto the beds and are quite noisy, but the steady fan noise didn't keep us awake, only the thumping music before we were moved!
The TV had decent reception, it varies between rooms. DVD player and all other appliances worked in our 2 rooms.
Kitchenette was good as we had 2 small kids so sometimes cooked them scrambled eggs for dinner. Housekeeping delivers 4 x 500mL bottled water every day. We had some tiny ants in all rooms but not a swarm, just a few.
Furniture was modern, clean and comfortable.

The pool didn't smell much like chlorine at all but the kids were in it every second day and didn't have any problems. We enjoyed a dip too, and the large shallow child area and sloping ramp access to the large pool are perfect for young kids to safely splash around.
I took advantage of the reflexology and massage facilities on pool level too.

Keep in mind that asian building standards are not the same as western standards and you shouldn't be disappointed. Fit and finish are not important so you are likely to have some cracked tiles or leaking shower cabinet. It's not a deathtrap or run down, it's just....different. You can't expect the whole world to be the same as home now can you, if you did what's the point in travelling?

It wasn't perfect but compared to squeezing 4 of us into one tiny hotel room simply so we can have a buffer breakfast every day? I'll take the apartment thanks! I would stay here again quite happily.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, consider earplugs or get the highest floor you can book a room on or the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank StickmanPerth
FahrenheitSuites, Manager at Fahrenheit Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear StickmanPerth,

Thanks for your comment.

Happy to hear that you and your families enjoy staying with us.

We will try our best in improve/upgrade our services/facilities.

Looking forward to serve you and your families/friends in near future.

Thanks. & Regards,
The Management of Fahrenheit Suites

There are newer reviews for Fahrenheit Suites

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I were looking for a short weekend getaway of plain shopping and chilling. The Fahrenheit Suites offered a great location. Just above the Fahrenheit Mall, right across the street from Pavilion and just a stone's away from Lot 10 and Sungei Wang.

If you're looking for a hotel, then I would suggest you go to Grand Marriott (opposite Fahrenheit). The Fahrenheit Suites is definitely more of a service apartment then a hotel. The five of us booked a three-bedroom suite which worked well for us. The suite came with a kitchen fully equipped with a pot, a pan, utensils and even a microwave. We had a ball of fun cooking instant noodles for dinner.

The TV sometimes loses its signal. The corridors are scary. Guests have to take separate lifts to the reception and to the rooms itself. The doors are hard to open. But the suite itself is neat, tidy and clean. Housekeeping was available although they may not come until the evening. At one point we returned to our suite about 3pm but saw that the place was not made up. We left after for more shopping and dinner; and when we returned, we stopped by the reception to ask for toilet paper and water. The receptionist immediately phoned the housekeeping to bring it up to us. To our embarrassment, the room was already made up when we stepped in. But still, housekeeping arrived with toilet paper and bottled water without any complain.

So in all; as long as you're not expecting a hotel standard, this place works.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jyyan
Reviewed March 20, 2013

3D2N stay in 3 bedrooms executive suite with family members. Children love the cavernous suite. Almost perfectly clean and spacious suite with living, dining area and kitchen. Free wifi at lobby area only. Small fee for internet access in suite. Pool and gym are located on 5th floor.Excellent location in the centre of Bukit Bintang shopping district. Staff are polite and helpful. When we returned late afternoon on the 2nd day, our suite are cleaned with new towels and toiletries. Love the nearby evening food heaven of Jalan Alor. The negative points are old and damaged toilet doors need to be replaced or at least repainted. Some cobwebs on the ceiling of living area. Even with the RM10 rebate/day, car parking charges are on the high side, parking in shopping complex. Parking fees should be waived for hotel guest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I never really have any complaints about other hotels before, but this place is terrible. So I decided to write it down.
I came 1 day before my check-in day because I had to do a set up for the exhibition at the fahrenheit mall at the midnight. So, at afternoon, I asked the receptionist whether can I do an early check-in around 3 or 4 A.M. and how much is the charge. The receptionist just say "can not, the room all booked unless you book for tonight" and they looked down at me and don't even smiled. So I stayed at my friend's house for the night.
Then the next day I checked in. Everything was OK until I figured it out that they just give me 2 towels. I paid the superior room for 3 adults. I came to the receptionist again to ask for extra towel and they charge me 10 ringgit. They said that my room is just for 2 people.
Again, I'm speechless. I know it's just 10 ringgit, but the thing is I already paid for 3 people!!
The room was OK. It's big enough. The bed and other furniture also OK.
But the price is not worth it. The door is not the auto door. The air conditioner in my room is right in front of the bed, it's very cold. The lift is so old and the button a little bit broken and they have scary corridor. I didn't expect fahrenheit suites to be this old looking building since I knew that this still a new building. They don't even provide breakfast and the most terrible part is their receptionist. Just 1 of the receptionist is nice to me (but I always had to face with the annoying receptionists).
The location of the suites is good, but I think it's not very convenience since the lobby is at the 5th floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hyoue13
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for 1 week in March with two mates. Lets get the positives out of the way,

1)Central location.

Now the negatives,

1)The lifts, they are dirty, slow, unreliable, buttons missing, smelling of rubbish but on a positive they double as a sauna as there is no aircon and very hot.
2)The foyer looks like a worn down bus stop from the 1980's with the stained floral lounge, fake plants, tiled floor(more tiles missing than actually there) and a compost like smell.
3)The corridoors were putrid. For the first 2 days we had a bloodied tissue on the floor opposite our door acting as a marker so we could easily find a room. It has a prison/ghetto feel with the guests leaving their shoes in the hall and using the hall as a place to talk and have a few cigarettes.
4)The rooms were so dirty. The sheets, towels and linen were all stained. The balcony had a door that would not open and the area was meshed in with wire making you feel like a parrot in an aviary.
5)The pool was just wrong and the gym, it was atleast 30 years old and i would suggest you get your tetinous shots before using as you are likely to cut yourself on the rusted equipment.

If you like dirty smelly facilities this is the place for you!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank michael123475
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Initially read through reviews and was a bit worried when we saw the pictures posted by other travellers. Turned out the place wAs actually alright.

We stayed at the 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms apartment. Place furnished with modern furniture, the rooms were just sized nicely, bathrooms were clean (apart from some spider webs on the ceiling). The apartment also had cooking utensils, they even had dish washing liquid and sponges ready. Only thing missing were some kitchen towels.

Night time was a bit noisy though, probably due to the fireworks since we were there during the last day of chinese new year. My sleep was a bit disrupted though because there was thudding sounds at night (maybe there was a club nearby)..

No breakfast was ok with us because there was a lot of food hawkers just outside the hotel.

The elevators were a bit old. And in order to get to the apartments, u first have to go to level 5 to the reception area. There was only one person in charge at the reception area, luckily we were the only ones at that time to check in, so it was relatively quick.

We paid rm18 for a 24 hour internet... But internet was intermittant and only 2 users were allowed to use at the same time. Fortunately they had an IT support desk who helped whenever we had trouble accessing it. In the end, the internet was then extended due to the intermittance. Laundry was 20rm for both washing machine and dryer, which was pretty convenient.. It would've been better if they could've started earlier instead of 8am..

For the price we paid, i'd say that the apartment was a good deal. Worth it if you are travelling with a big family.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked a superior unit for 2 adults but upon check-in, was upgraded to 2 bedrooms unit complete with kitchenette, dining & family room....wow, that's good but we didnt really used the facilities as we were outside most of the times. Rooms & the suite is comfortably furnished & clean.

The Fahrenheit suite is surrounded with many shopping malls (Pavillion, Lot 10, Starhill, BB, etc) & restaurants....just choose where do you want to go or what do you want to eat. Everthing is within reach.....just walk around and you will see many activities & free shows at malls or next to the roadside, an interesting nite!

After tired of walking, I tried the Reflexology & Massage (at Oriental Spa which is within the Farenheit Suite-near swimming pool & tenants enjoy 10% discount) to unwind. It opens till 2am. Reasonably priced but if you want a cheaper service, you can find others which are located along the roadside within the vicinity.

Overall is good.