“Super clean and Super Value for Money!”
Review of Ibiz Hotel

Ibiz Hotel
Ranked #282 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Super clean and Super Value for Money!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Paid only SGD23 a night for this lovely hotel. Everything here was perfect. The room is spotlessly clean and the interior was really nice. There was also a branded 32inch TV with a few cable channels. The bed is huge and soft and bathroom was really awesome. Location a bit far from the crowd but not an issue as the monorail and LRT station (Titiwangsa) is just minutes away. Service was great. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was provided but did not try it for my 4 days of stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SHAIFULLAH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We wanted a cheaper hotel that still had a private bathroom and found Ibiz. It is a decent room and looks pretty much like the picture. Some things to note: the TV only had 6 channels, not that we came to KL to watch TV, though. The sheets had a dodgy stain on them, but seemed clean. The breakfast leaves a bit to be desired for the Western traveler. Overall, we just needed a simple place to stay and wanted aircon and a shower. Ibiz was exactly that and we have no real complaints.

Taxi drivers will not know where this hotel is. Tell them it's across from the private hospital or the "expensive hospital."

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Logan A
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed December 12, 2011

stayed there for 2 nights, i was a good experience for me, as being a tourist you dont spend the day inside room and at night you just need a room to sleep so you really dont need any windows to look around....but then also they have few room with windows that too with a gr8 view of twin towers, being a cheap/budget hotel you cant expect much but services and quality are up to the mark, but location is bit difficult to find for the first time..... but it is well connected with LRT so no much issues.....staff was friendly and cooperative but lacked awareness about their own city as they didnt knew any thing about any tourist destinations........but after nice shower n sleep keeping your pocket happy you dont demand for much..........:P

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank RjDtravler
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stay there for 2 days 1 night. Overall, it is average and I'm not very satisfy with their service during my check out.
It is near to monorail and putra LRT station, but the Kl are very imfamilliar with this hotel. On my 1st day to check in the hotel, I've been searching for the hotel. And I've ask many shops, no one have ever heard about IBIZ, so end up, I carry my luggage an like a fool walkin around. I called to the reception and ask for direction, se can't even give me a clear instruction on how to get there. End up, she told me to get a taxi, and ask him drop me at the nearest hospital
2) I reach the hotel, check in. When get into my room, one of the bed's shaking and the leg is broken. Te whole night with the bed shaking. The sink was also shaking, and the annoying sound when we use the sink (housekeeping people never noticed this issue and repair immediately?)
3) The reception never inform that the breakfast in morning is free to eat. Other hotel I we are entitle of breakfast, they will give us voucher and inform. But during my check in, reception never inform anything. The second morning, my hubby saw many people at the lobby eating breakfast then only ask the reception and she only reply that we can eat.
4) The last and the most unhappy thing is that I ask the reception to call for a taxi. And she did call but she can't get so she ask another man to help. That uncle try to kon my money! He get a taxi and told me to pay the cab rm20 after I get into it. Excuse me, do u know I can report this situation? According the the regulations, is a must for all taxis to follow meter! This taxi dot even reach already told me to pay rm20. I took a cab last midnighte to hotel only rm8.80. Now in noon, not even midnight, how can it be more expensive?
No matter how new is the place, if the service is so terrible, I think not advisable to go. And I will never return!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Tabithaping87
Singapore
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We did our check at TA for KL hotels in a short time, and decided this fit our purpose and budget. Our purpose was just a budget hotel with carpark facilty and planned to take the trains/taxi for roaming around KL,and Ibiz do not disappoint!

Loc: Far flung in the nearly northward of KL (nearest station is Titiwangsa), my GPS did show the location but because i forgot to switch off the GPS enroute from Melaka, it died on me (battery flat) before we enter KL city!!
So we had to ask around to the key landmark: Titiwansa station (Mono and LRT). And it was not difficult to find!

Hotel: Indeed its a townhouse type of hotel (about 3-4 storeys) nestled about 3-400m from the local train stations. This hotel is not of the same group from Ibis Hotel but tried to be like it - 3 star business hotel with 1-star price! We booked it at RM65 (75 with taxes) so its really budget. (done it from booking.com). Room is clean and functional, but very small, hence for those who do not need to spend time in their room. The free breakfast, though is pathetic... and starts at 5am! and if u come down by 8.30am, most food are gone, so do not bank on the b/fast too much, and you're ok for the rest of services! Indeed, u pay for what u get (and expected).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnmagfam
Pokolbin, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2011

For 80RM in KL you really cant expect too much. But we were pleasantly surprised. Took a little bit to find as the hotel is new and taxi drivers didn't know the hotel but if you are prepared and have a map or the hotels phone number this is easily fixed.

The room was basic but spotlessly clean and had great hotwater!!

Easy 5 min walk to the train and monorail station to connect to the rest of the city but not such a nice walk at night. We walked the long way on the main road at night to stay safe.

Breakfast was a waste of time unless you wake up early, first in best dressed but again at 80RM we didnt care.

Would stay again due to cleanliness and price.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Pokolbinguy
JEDDAH
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed there 7 nights with my family. We had one double and one quad room.
The bedrooms and bathrooms all were immaculately clean, though little congested.
The staff are extremely nice and helpful.
Specially Tho and lady receptionist Ven. are lovely people.
We had planned to stay their for one night but ended up staying there for the whole period.
It is good choice for budget family travellers.

We found it difficult to locate the hotel first day.
The hotel website must state that it is close to Tawakkal hospital of titiwangsa which is a very well known easy reference.
The mono train station is only 8 minutes walk , so as the Mcdonalds.
Taxis are also easily available.

Room Tip: try to get room which has a window with a view of twin towers