“Beware of the Mosquitoes”

My Hotel Brickfields KL Sentral
Ranked #26 of 344 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staying here was my second time on a MY Hotel. First experience was with MY Hotel @ KL Sentral, which is further up the street from this one, and closer to KL Sentral.

As expected, the hotel is simple and functional. The room I was put in here in Brickfields is actually cleaner than the one in KL Sentral. As with most small rooms in boutique hotels, noise from the hallway can be heard. They have a lift which kind of smelled. :p

The only complain I have are the mosquitoes. There were quite a few of them in my room. Thank the heavens for mosquito repellant. :D

If location is a priority, I'd still recommend staying here, as it is very near to KL Sentral and very convenient when taking the before dawn bus to KLIA-LCCT - that's all I needed for a quick overnight downtown really.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank yjgisaac
There are newer reviews for My Hotel Brickfields KL Sentral

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is infested with mosquito and the room I was given was not properly cleaned. I complained to Manager and was given a coupon for 'free breakfast' at a WhiteCoffee Restaurant nearby. But, the coupon was good for the cost of items less then one beverage so I wound up having to pay. This hotel chain has been expanding with new locations and although the rooms are modern boutique style ... the staffing needs training. I would not return here.

Room Tip: Better to stay at their location at KLSentral. Always, ask for room with window view, but you run ri...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Ramjet999
Reviewed May 19, 2012

... i stayed in this hotel twice.. First was in 2010 & was back in 2011 with friends.. It's in the heart of the city.. very close to the MTR & to the bus station going to the airport.. Breakfast was good which was served at the Old Town White Coffee. Staffs were helpful which in fact in 2010 it was a filipino receptionist who i talked with & help me wit directions.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sea_Nymph77
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Booked for triple room but instead given 2 double room which is fine for me & family, at first. The staff said that they're having problems with their triple room. The front office staff request RM 20 from me, for key deposit and promised will be refund upon check-out.
Unfortunately, the other staff on duty during check-out said that RM 20 is charged due to upgraded room! Unfair.

Anyway, great location. very close to KL Sentral..easy access to Bangsar and almost anywhere.

Parking a bit difficult.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Murni I
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Needed a quick 2 nights in KL before 2 month SE Asia trip and this place suited just fine. My wife and I were more than pleased with the room and the shower.

Only complaint is the noise level in the hallways, (so loud) so make sure to bring your ear buds. Oh and no window-hmph if you are not there all day and treating it as crash pad than no worries.

Didn't stay the other 2 visits we had in May, but would recommend only because of location, so close to KL Sentral.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank teamkoller
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel is just what I needed for my trip !

The hotel is very near to the KL Sentral Bus/Train station which helps you to reach the hotel very easily from the KLIA.

The counter staff were very courteous and ready to help. My room was on the 4th floor, the hotel has a elevator. The room was spacious enough for me. The toilet was very big with all necessary facilities. Air conditioning was perfect and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel has a good variety of eating joints round the corner.

The Monorail is just a short walk which can take you to most of the shopping/business/sight seeing locations in KL.

The free WiFi available in the hotel was an added advantage. All facilities mentioned on the website were available !

There is a small private travel agency on the ground floor.

Will stay again for my next trip to KL in May along with my family !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MSreevalsan
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Great location, close to the kl cental and the kl monorail. the room is small, but very clean and cosy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple