“Great Location”
Review of Frenz Hotel

Frenz Hotel
Ranked #169 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Well we spent my husband and I for 10days approx in the hotel. Indeed it has a great location not far from main activities...one of the inconvenient i had is that i like having natural sunlight but it is not possible.
The room was clean everyday which was great - the cleaning staff, bell boy/porter are always smiling.

It's indeed a fact that the reception staff should be warmer like more smile, words like are u ok, have u had a nice journey blabla...i understand as well that there could be language barier too...so that the slogan of the hotel be really - a hotel " Frenz - where guests becomes friends". However, i should add that they are efficient in their task.

Little tips - I would recommend Frenz Hotel should u be going for shopping to MY but please do not opt for a break fast everyday...it becomes really boring to go to the same restaurant namely (Zam Zam) for eating.. it was almost the same evryday and since we book room+ BFast we get bored over the 3rd morning. There are restaurants around the hotel which can offer Break Fast...you can choose everyday 1 or on ur trip...Food is accessible in MY.

Room Tip: most of the cheaper rooms are communicative one..should u be looking for more privacy and should you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Crystal_dche
ZebbyBahrin, Manager at Frenz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Ms Crystal,

Warm Greetings from Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your kind compliments and comments.
I have since shared your compliments and comments with our TEAM@FRENZ.
However, regretfully I have also noted the shortcomings you may have experienced during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Your invaluable feedback has assisted us in our continuous efforts to deliver superior guest satisfaction.
Thank you for choosing to “Stay with Frenz “ and we look forwards to welcome you back.
Should you need further enquiries please send me an email at zebby@frenzhotel.com.my
Thank you and kind regards.

There are newer reviews for Frenz Hotel

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Such a pity that for a hotel at such a wonderful location to have such terrible service.

Reception staff do not give out consistent information, have such terrible attitudes and you would probably have to pay money to get them to smile. Sad, isn't it? That despite making the decision to work in the hospitality industry... they are not hospitable at all.

It took HOURS to give me the floor mat I requested for. I was staying with my mother, who doesn't balance very well and I was afraid that she might slip. I requested the mat from the front desk who said it would be sent up shortly. Realizing an hour later that it still hadn't been sent up, I called the front desk again, expressing the urgency and explaining my situation. I really do try not to be difficult. Yet another hour later, the mat still hadn't arrive. I called again, repeating my very simple request. Growing impatient, I waited another 30 mins before I went out of my room and looked for the housekeeping staff. When I finally located one staff and asked them to give me a mat, they told me that they sent out all the mats for cleaning and the mats will arrive later that evening so they will send it to the room after that.
1) The reception should have just told me that, and it would have saved us both the trouble of me calling down so many times.
2) Seriously?? Please go stock up on your mats. Since you market yourself as a family friendly hotel, I strongly suggest you purchase sufficient amounts of what is necessary.

Room is so-so. Very dusty. Wifi was slow.
Which would all have been okay for me... except that when you receive such bad service, every other flaw becomes significantly negative as well.

PLEASE educate staff how on to do service recovery. KINDLY train them to smile. It's not that hard, really. It really does go a long way, when you have nothing else but location to offer. I understand that with the price you offer, we cannot expect much. However, that being said, budget hotel should not have to mean budget service and attitude. I see alot more potential in this hotel, just wished the staff saw the potential too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 23sheila

Dear Ms Sheila,

Warm Greetings from Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your sharing with us your dissatisfaction during your recent stay at Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you may have experienced during your stay with us. I have personally shared your comments with our staff concerned to aim for improvements.
Please give us another opportunity to serve you and display our normally high standards that you have come to expect from Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is not my frist time here. I AM NOT KEEN AND NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR STAFF DURING CHECKING IN.. IT WAS A FAST CHECK IN BUT DON'T THEY KNOW HOW TO PUT A SMILE ON A FACE?? AND SHE SPOKE TO FAST WHICH A ACTUALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT LANGUAGE SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT. STARTED ASKING SOME QUESTION SHE ANSWERED HORRIBLY RUDE IN A HIGH VOICE. IS THAT A GOOD INTERPERSONAL SKILL? SHE WAS WEARING A GREY LONG SHIRT..FAIR SKIN..SHE WAS VERY RUDE.

later when i got in the room and called to get an extra towel and some drinking sets waited about an hour to for them to arrive. that is not acceptable.

air cond was not cold . was told maintenance ( dark skin and doesn't seem to understand a word i asked, he said please call reception) will come and have a look at the air cond...but for the whole night it is still the same,

wifi very slow. complaint to the same girl were told that maintenance will reset the wifi. RESET?

during check out there was not a single problem. i have the receipt written name NISA . she is pleasant and very friendly. same porter during check out very helpful when asked to get luggage from the room.

PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY ..
good hotel.. good location.. clean.. nice bathroom.. comfortable bed..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CAKES36

Dear Madam,

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel, spacious enough room with a comfy bed. Has all the basics thst you will need, girlfriend and I were happy enough with out stay here. It is located in a very local area and is about 20 minute walk to bukit bintang (shopping malls, restaurants etc) the internet was free but terrible connection and quite slow when connected which made things hard to book tickets for planes etc. And breakfast wasnt included for our room so dont have an opinion on that. Overall you get a pretty resonable hotel for the price

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keiran J

Dear Mr Keiran,

Warm Greetings from Frenz Hotel Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you very much for your kind compliments and comments.
I have since shared your compliments and comments with our TEAM@FRENZ.
Thank you and kind regards.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have just come back from a 4 day stay at Frenz. The hotel is easy to find and near (5-10 minute walk) from the train station. The room is cosy as stated on the website and even though there are windows, they are covered to let light in but you cannot open them. The walls are thin, as we could hear the teenagers next door, not great at night time, but the room and service was good enough if you are staying here and somewhere to locate. The wifi is slow and the breakfast, is mediocre, but it did get better depending on how many guests were staying at the hotel. For example our first day was a ok breakfast, but the food was cold. The second day was rubbish even though we got there at 9 and it wasn't suppose to finish until 10, but because there must not have been many people left you got what was left. On our third day, breakfast was the best as a new bunch of guests had arrived the the restaurant was full. Get the hotel to book you a taxi to the airport. It cost us 90myr. Other taxis's say their meters are not working and will charge you a lot. The main problem with the area is that most places are closed about 9pm which means that if you wanted a cup of coffee or something to eat, there isn't much here. Other than that the hotel was good and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and I generally liked it.
The buffet breakfast had a fair selection of options
The rooms were clean, bed was excellent, having a safe was handy. TV had movie channels (I had to hide from the heat)....
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
My only flag would be that this is a 10 / 15 minute walk to nearest metro station but a safe area at night given the big mosque and market

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 7days in the hotel.would say its a best but yet not excellent hotel we stayed for a longhaul. Room was adequant with the price and satisfied with the facilities provided. Encountered an unproffesional housekeeper but then well attended by the supervisor incharge! thumbsup to the staffs/manager in the hotel for the professional handlings of customers. Adios!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple