Frenz Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
K Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Orchard(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
Palace Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Pool
Grand Campbell Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Restaurant
Lotus Family Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
All reviewsmasjid indiajalan tarbudget hotelsmall hotelsafety boxwalking distancesingle roombed was very comfortablecentral locationhotel staffbukit bintangsogotaxishoppingkllrt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my wife in january 2013,we booked the room for 4 days, (with option of extending it for further 4 days),via website of British Airline.Looked okay then,and the price was right.All the rooms are window-less (still had curtains).there isn't enough room to swing a cat in.There is medium size wardrobe and small table and that's it.The shower is okay, but the toilet was situated in niche. So for a large person it is difficult to seat, because there is toilet-roll holder on one side, and water hose on other side.(ouch)( also no hand or face towels and only two bath towels which weren't change until requested )The breakfast is served in open resturant situated,next to the hotel and facing the main road, It is very noisy place in the morning with lots of traffic.Also the choice of breakfast is limited to few items.(nearly same eveyday). Good thing, We found a very good Indian vegetarian resturant nearby.China town is about 20 mins walk.there is metro station nearby.We spent rest of the days at the Shereton which cost £80 (breakfast included) a night, after spending 4 days in Windowless Frenz hotel (£ 50 ) The extra cost was worth the money.

Room Tip: You get what you Pay for. Also our room had a door connecting to next room,could hear everything the person talking on the phone.No Privacy at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is well situated, close to the jamek mosque and close to its metro station, inside little India.this is the best of this hotel, because rooms are not that good, very small and although clean the linen and some parts of the room have typical signs of being old (old spots and some things that look really bad giving a bad impression)...the worst is the problem with the insects... I saw a cockroach, but I also saw some big mosquitoes...there should be fumigated or something similar...breakfast at zamzam is very limited and not adapted to European, however the food tasty...

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank santigomezruiz
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I checked in using a voucher bought 6 months back. However the travel company gone bust and cancelled my booking.
Only knew about it after I had checked in to my room. Front desk called to inform abt the matter and I had to pay direct to hotel.
The hotel itself is fairly good, all rooms are windowless though. Practical room & furniture, importantly, it's clean & modern.
It may not be in the best location but shopping is right at the door step if you like to shop for Fabrics, ready to made traditional wear, wedding items. Come on Saturday to experience the night market, selling more clothes, food etc.
Take a walk to the nearest train station to head to town or catch the free Go KL bus.
Breakfast is served at ZamZam rest adjacent to the hotel. Local fare that fills the stomach.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on april 2012.
The location is not the best, not far away from subway station, but I wouldnt recommend it.
Rooms are good and clean, and bathroom is very nice.
The man who works at night tried to rip as off with a cab service we luckily didnt hire.
breakfast is ok, but you can get a better location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ngoldstein
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't expect too much when you come here. It's a cheap hotel with all it's pros and cons.

I'm going to start with the pros:

The price is not too high, I booked through agoda.com, about $30 the night. The rooms look nice and the location is near Merdeka Sq, not too far from monorail and rail stations. That's all.

Now the cons: When I arrived the sheets had stains and there were no towels in the room. I asked the staff to bring some towels to my room, when I came back I found them inside my bathroom, but also a bug (like a little cockroach) on my pillows. After that I couldn't expect it worse till I found out that you could hear the elevator ringing every now and then and people in the other rooms as loud as if they were inside my room. The second night I spent here I had to ask them to keep it low at 1 AM, and again they didn't replace the towels they took from the floor.

Internet is low speed, I couldn't use Skype in my 3 days stay, although the speed depends on how many people are connected at the same time, sometimes I could even read my email!

The breakfast is OK. You can have some coffee and toasts, I didn't try any other food, but there were noodles, eggs, potatoes etc. The juice is just sweetened water, tastes as bad medicine, but overall it's a OK breakfast.

The desk staff in the morning were nice, polite and effective, the ones at night a little bit rude.

I'd recommend to come to this hotel only if you really are in a budget and don't find any other cheaper option. Otherwise give a try to something else, easily you can get something better.

Room Tip: Get a corner room and far from the elevator so you have less chances to hear noise. Many rooms don't have windows, if it´s a problem for you ask specifically for a (probably more expensive) room with window.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo