$198
$185
Mandarin Oriental
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$147
$140
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$152
$73
$71
  • Pool
Ascott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$203
$120
Trip.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$91
$85
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$109
$75
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

$97
$93
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$108
Trip.com
All reviewszam zam restaurantsogo mallbasic amenitiesmini fridgeiron boardsingle roomcentral locationhotel staffbukit bintanglrthairdryer
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed 8 nights and noticed no remarkable problems. Of course there are better Hotels in KL but the other factor is Money. According to the money you pay , you get more in this hotel. Wifi was great. Room cleaning was good. The front desk help was good. Air Con also working well. The only problem that I saw was noticing few small cockroaches in the room that after the first use of poison by the cleaning staff, all were gone and I didnt see anymore.Also the bed was a little short for me maybe because I am 185 cms tall!

Room Tip: If you only can sleep in quiet places, then don't choose the rooms next to the main street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HessamSh
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This small hotel in good location met my needs.Its clean and well priced.It provides all necessary essentials like iron,hair dryer and wifi.It has very comfortable mattress and nice clean white sheets.
The breakfast next door is very basic.They serve cold tea and food is mostly caters for locals
Also they lack communal area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank msmarinaalexander
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The staff was helpful, the rooms are small but they were fine for our short stay in KL. Everything was clean and well planned, a very small bathroom but the shower worked well. They even have a prayer rug in the closet if you should need that.
There is a breakfast served next door that I didn't care for.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at the Frenz Hotel in April and it is a nice clean hotel located in the little India district. It is a 5mins walk from the Bandaraya LRT station and a 10-15mins walk from the Medan Tuanku Monorail station. I took the KLIA Express from the aiport and a taxi to the hotel from KL Sentral.

I had a single room as I was travelling by myself. The room was well equipped with Tea and Coffee making facilities, an Iron and Ironing board, large safe, free wifi was available also and the speeds were satisfactory.

There was a nice rain shower in the bathroom and a normal shower head off it also although the pressure was not great. The air-conditioning worked very well and cooled the room in a short space of time. Hotel housekeeping were efficient and kept things nice and clean and were very prompt.

Overall it was a great little hotel which checked all the boxes for me, the price and location were good and I spent a nice few days there. In a city where Five star hotels are good value but still a little too expensive this hotel makes a good choice. If I was in KL again I would return there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Like you reading this, I too had read numerous reviews of the top 10 budget hotels in Kuala Lumpur....well after staying here on 2 separate occasions in April, here’s my review of my own experience at the hotel.

After flying 17+ hours from London and arriving at any hotel, you want the basics to be right – and I was VERY happy to find that this hotel does just that – extremely impressively for the price you pay - so:-

+ Points

V-friendly receptionists & porters (thank you !)
V. modern, clean & well equipped rooms with large LCD TV
Superb shower
In-room safe box
A/C
V. comfy bed & cotton sheets
Ironing Board
5 mins from Little India/20 mins to Chinatown (both walking)
Free Internet
Decent buffet breakfast next door

- Points

I didn’t experience any !

Yes I was sceptical about the “thin wall issue” – but it really isn’t a problem – unless there’s a party next door to your room !!!

In summary, my two stays (4 days and 1 day - both without a window view) at this hotel can’t be faulted.

The biggest compliment I can give it that I'd choose this hotel again on my next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

:-)