All reviewszam zam restaurantsogo mallrain showerbasic amenitiesmini fridgeiron boardsingle roomcentral locationhotel staffbukit bintanglrthairdryer
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at the Frenz Hotel in April and it is a nice clean hotel located in the little India district. It is a 5mins walk from the Bandaraya LRT station and a 10-15mins walk from the Medan Tuanku Monorail station. I took the KLIA Express from the aiport and a taxi to the hotel from KL Sentral.

I had a single room as I was travelling by myself. The room was well equipped with Tea and Coffee making facilities, an Iron and Ironing board, large safe, free wifi was available also and the speeds were satisfactory.

There was a nice rain shower in the bathroom and a normal shower head off it also although the pressure was not great. The air-conditioning worked very well and cooled the room in a short space of time. Hotel housekeeping were efficient and kept things nice and clean and were very prompt.

Overall it was a great little hotel which checked all the boxes for me, the price and location were good and I spent a nice few days there. In a city where Five star hotels are good value but still a little too expensive this hotel makes a good choice. If I was in KL again I would return there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Like you reading this, I too had read numerous reviews of the top 10 budget hotels in Kuala Lumpur....well after staying here on 2 separate occasions in April, here’s my review of my own experience at the hotel.

After flying 17+ hours from London and arriving at any hotel, you want the basics to be right – and I was VERY happy to find that this hotel does just that – extremely impressively for the price you pay - so:-

+ Points

V-friendly receptionists & porters (thank you !)
V. modern, clean & well equipped rooms with large LCD TV
Superb shower
In-room safe box
A/C
V. comfy bed & cotton sheets
Ironing Board
5 mins from Little India/20 mins to Chinatown (both walking)
Free Internet
Decent buffet breakfast next door

- Points

I didn’t experience any !

Yes I was sceptical about the “thin wall issue” – but it really isn’t a problem – unless there’s a party next door to your room !!!

In summary, my two stays (4 days and 1 day - both without a window view) at this hotel can’t be faulted.

The biggest compliment I can give it that I'd choose this hotel again on my next visit to Kuala Lumpur.

:-)

Mr J. Phillips

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jools P
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Small rooms but very clean and new! Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoanRa
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great modern safe boutique hotel in great location. A few blocks fronm Soho

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Cosy room without any window. Simple yet modernized. Nice place to live during short stay at kuala lumpur. Service is good as well!

• Stayed: February 2012