“Decent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Tokyo, Japan
“Decent”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch one day, as it was close to our hotel. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. We had the bruschetta for an appetizer, which was pretty tasty. I had the ravioli with spinach and ricotta - as another reviewer mentioned it seemed homemade, but I also didn't find any ricotta in mine, which was disappointing. My husband had spaghetti with an olive oil, garlic and red pepper sauce. I thought his was the better out of the two entrees.

The service was decent, but also nothing spectacular.

• Visited October 2012

Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too hyped up! it's very average”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I don't understand how this place received so many positive reviews. I've been eating around and I find the food here just mediocre. I read so many nice reviews about the soup but it's nothing special, no comment about the pizza (my was half cook inside).
the staff was ok, sometimes slow and you have to tell them maybe two times before they understand.
At the end there really are better places especially if you compare with the rest of Asia.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brady76
Stockholm, Sweden
“Was expecting much more”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visited yesterday with my wife this restaurant because of the excellent reputation and because we did not want more Malay food. We made a reservation but it seemed that we did not have to because there were not many customers after 9 pm.

We had fresh non alcoholic drinks (moctails) one with mango and one with green apple which were excellent 5/5

For first course we had calamari (fried squid with 2 sauces) and a plate with different kinds of cheese marmalade and honey. Calamari was ok (frozen) 3/5 and cheese plate good but expensive (around 11-12 euros).

For main course we had 1. ravioli with spinach ricotta and fresh tomato sauce and 2.gnocchi with bolognese sauce. Ravioli looked fresh but tasteless and we did not taste or see any ricotta.Actually it was very dry. Gnocchi was bit better than average, not something special. 3/5 in total i would say if not 2/5.

Finally we had tiramisu for dessert. We were disappointed here as well, it had a good taste, kind of fresh but not like the original tiramisu that you can taste in good italian restaurants. Average 3/5

In total we payed around 230 RM (57 euros or 74 dollars) which i think is really too much for Malaysia, and especially for Italian food. And it was average food. 1/5

The environment is simple and clean, definitely not romantic. 3/5

The restaurant is located in a building with offices and it lacks a personal toilet. Therefore customers are using the building's toilet which is dirty and smelly.

Personnel is nice but lacks of communication (and English I think).I did not like that 1-2 were laughing when we asked for their help to call a taxi ,but one of them was really kind and he helped us to get one. 3.5/5

In total I will put 3/5 because i dont think its fair to put less. But I am very disappointed by the reputation that it has in trip advisor because I have been in many different italian restaurants around the world and this is really an average one.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Efthymios K
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Nice simple Italian”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Great food, simple but nice restaurant. No airs, just good service. The soups are especially recommended.

Visited April 2012
“Heavenly meal”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend, we had been travelling through malaysia and asia for 4 weeks when we came to kuala lumpur. That means we have had mainly rice and noodles for this time and we were dying to eat something different, something we'd eat at home. So we went to the trattoria on our first evening here and we loved it.
I had the spaghetti carbonara and my boyfriend the pizza cuatro formaggi. We were wondering what the cheese would be like, since it is not the most common thing in asia. But there was no need to worry. The parmiggiano that came with the perfectly done spaghetti carbonara was probably imported from Italy and also the Pizza cuatro formaggi was a treat.
So in a nutshell, if you fancy really good Italian cuisine, this is the place to go. Of course everyone can serve spaghetti and pizza and call himself italian restaurant, but there are worlds between those two.
The atmosphere was good too - just like in Italy. It was very nice to see the chef who was Italian and also the chef de service was Italian.
Also if you want to have a really nice cup of coffee (not the instant one) for a change, they have that too.