“Friendlyness, customer orientation and relaxation at its best!”
Review of Villa Samadhi

Villa Samadhi
Ranked #1 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendlyness, customer orientation and relaxation at its best!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We planned to have a weekend away in KL, to get to know the city a bit, and, most importantly, to spend some quality hours in a relaxing and laid back environment. Villa Samadhi got it all. We arrived Friday eve quite late around 11pm, with the kitchen already closed. The staff asked whether we would like some noodles or rice, which they then got from the outside while my spouse and I took a relaxing dip in the jacuzzi... the food was delicious local cuisine, and it came with compliments form management at no extra charge.What a proactive and customer oriented service!

The location is gorgeous, neat, and very special. It is one of those nice boutique hotel places you get to love at first sight, with all its tiny details and attention of the staff, a guest feels special and well taken care of. Each room is uniquely designed, and has its own differentiators (ours had an outdoor Jaccuzzi, and a huge bathroom and living room...). The area around the Pool is absolutely inviting to hang around and chill out, and the food was one of its kind.

Lastly, it came almost as a matter of course that we could stay on during the afternoon and evening in our room (having a midnight flight out again) with no extra charge. We cannot remember a place we stayed where the customer experience was more in the center of attention center than in Villa Samadhi. A unique and very special experirence!

3 Thank frogs_land

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The journey to the Villa was ardous. Not many local cab drivers knew of the location and on top of it, the villa's name was not placed in front of the villa. Hence, our taxi kept driving pass by the villa many times without knowing its existence.

It was a consolation that we were greeted by the villa's friendly manager. The check in was fast and we were brought to our rooms thereafter.

The rooms were spacious and the villa's exudes relaxing ambience. Although there was a jacuzzi in our room, it would have been better if we could use it at our own leisure. The jacuzzi operates at 2 different timings only.

There is no restaurant in the villa. But they do provide shuttle services to the restaurants that they liase with. But if you wish to eat at other restaurants at KLCC, you have to call for a cab. This posed a great inconvenienced for my family.

There was a buffet breakfast but it was simple and not lavish. I expected more for the amount that I'm paying for the villa. There was a menu given during the breakfast but the service crew did not specify if we had to pay for them or it was part of the breakfast package. This could have been made clearer when the service crew was bringing us to our table.

I'm generally satisfied with all the service attendant, esp Wati. She was patient to attend to my parents questions. All the staff were friendly except for one. I am unable to recall her name but she is from fillipino(I think). My family were comteplating if we should eat their recommended restaurants, hence we decided to ask this particular staff to clarify some of our doubts. She took a while to attend to our requests and she gave a annoyed and irritated look. THis is totally unprofessional.

To sum it up, the overall experience was satisfying. THe location of the villa is not accessible, but the ammenites and layout of villa is perfect. THere is no restaurant within the hotel which is a tad inconvenient. The service was attentive but could do better. I feel that there is double standards to their service betwen foreigners and asians.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank slanski14
mumbai
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed 3 nights for our honeymoon on our way back from NZ as we had a stopover in KL.

The experience staying in this hotel was amazing; The hotel manager came to pick us up in a nice car from the airport even though it was 7am. They gave us our room at 8am which was great for us after a 10 hour long flight.

I had booked a Luxe Sarang Room. The room was superb with a large porch with big Jacuzzi in front. the room was extremely large with a huge bathroom and large closet. Then was a balcony which has direct access to the pool. All materials used were mostly natural and wooden giving it a very nice rainforest type feel.

The breakfast was great with a good selection of juices, cereals and one cooked item. The staff at the restaurant was very friendly and tried to get me different things as I was vegetarian. They had a cocktail reception every evening at their bar upstairs which had beautiful views of the city and the hotel.

The room has free hi speed wifi as well. They have a sister property which is in a jungle like setting and they offered me free transfers to that restaurant for dinner. I had a late flight and they happily gave me a late checkout at 5pm. The reception was knowledgeable about the local shopping options.

Overall my experience was excellent with no complaints giving us a perfect end to our honeymoon.

Room Tip: I had a chance to see lot of their rooms. Most rooms are different, I stayed in room number 4 which...
2 Thank nissan11
Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this villa, situated in the residential area of the city just off Jalan Madge.
After travelling alone for 4 weeks I arrived to a very warm welcome both at the airport pick up and on arrival at the hotel. I stayed for two days in a stunning room before my partner arrived on my 40 th!

Again our stay here was wonderful, with a very personal service, delivered to perfection. Cherie, the resident manager really enhances your experience - on hand virtually 24 hours. Thank you.
This visit the room was exceptional. Huge space with garden and jacuzzi one side and a poolside view the other. Straight from your room down the steps into the pool, with a sitting area to lounge after your swim. There was even a fish tank in the room. The decor in the rooms is truly amazing with oodles of bamboo and handmade wooden furniture.
We didn't opt for many breakfasts as we like to experience local food out and about in the wet markets. I have to say though that following ours and I'm sure others comments last year the staff had taken on board a few elements. I do think the breakfast is better this way, offering a selection of fruits, meats, cheeses, cereals, bread and cakes. Far less waste than before and allows for more choice.
Another improvement is the map. I remember last year finding it extremely difficult to get any taxi who knew where he was headed. The map definitely helped, with Jalan Madge being easier to find in the darkness and prevented continual driving in circles around the embassies looking for the right path.

Mosquito repellant is a must. We were fastidious remembering to close doors when swimming but I still ended up being chewed most evenings, although maybe something to do with the pool.

I wonder if it would be an idea to pop some repellant in the plugs when tuning the beds down of an evening.

Wonderful room, wonderful staff in a tranquil area if the city.

Again our experience was great. They even added to my birthday celebrations by helping to arrange some flowers and making the room sensational when we returned from dinner with flowers and tea lights on the floor.

Many thanks to all the staff.

Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Whilst I'd like to save it just for myself, villa 4 is amazing with wonderful decor, a garden, a...
1 Thank Nextadventure33
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was a beautiful place to stay in KL. The rooms are very spacious- our bathroom was as big as our lounge room at home, and we even had a large fishtank in our room. The grounds are impeccably maintained and the pool was great. The service was attentive, and the restaurant made quality food (although it was western style).

The only issue I have with this villa is that it is very difficult to find. It has no sign at the front and most of the taxi drivers do not know where it is. When we first arrived, we spent about half an hour driving around the area in a taxi looking for it, and only found it by calling them and having someone come and meet the taxi. When going out to the city, make sure to take a map from the villa to show the taxi driver.

1 Thank gal_melbourne
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This rustic luxe resort is tucked into a quiet residential part of the city, near many of the embassies. The property is stunning, you won't believe how peaceful and gracious it is. Impeccable sense of design, melding Asian elements around the world with reclaimed Indonesian hardwoods, polished concrete, bamboo. Stunning lamps and lighting.

I was in KL at the Westin for a few days of conferences before my stay and headed to the Grand Hyatt in Singapore after. Both fine hotels, but without "soul." So I took a few days to recover, dig myself out from email, and detox at this lovely spot. Quick and easy access by cab (10 minutes) to the central business district, but world's away emotionally, this little green oasis. Beautiful tropical plants, an amazing swimming pool with water features, lovely daybeds and cushions scattered about, sublime rooms.

Wifi is very good so no problem staying productive, though the pool & wonderful day beds did beckon for breaks throughout the day.

Staff are very helpful, when taxis were in short supply due to Friday rush hour, the manager personally drove me to this resort's excellent restaurant, Mandi Mandi, nestled in the jungle at the edge of KL. There aren't that many people on duty, so sometimes you need to stop in at the front desk to ask for help, and no phones in the room. But because the team is small, it feels very friendly and intimate.

I stayed at the sister property, Japamala (also dreamy!), and all I can say is the Samadhi Properties folks have an impeccable design aesthetic and the ability to craft one of a kind experiences, luxe and restful without being stuffy or sterile at all.

I stayed in the Loft and it was worth the splurge! Felt so cocooned in the beautiful wood panelled, tent-like sleeping area, which was so restorative and beckoning. Long showers under a giant showerhead, with the doors flung open to my patio, the sound of birds calling to one another and a view of my own plunge pool. Lovely sitting area with music and wine fridge, very comfortable rocking chairs. Tasty cookies and dried fruit in the room. Very nice house breakfast served in a stunning open air room by the pool from the nicest gentleman (ever!) Complimentary wash service, not unwelcome and quite a value in the midst of a long trip. Cocktails in the open air bar at the top of the property, which feels like a nest with sweeping views of the neighborhood. Very sweet bartenders, very refreshing drinks.

This is a very romantic property, although I used it to unwind from work and recharge solo.

My only gentle criticism to the staff is that the on site restaurant was only open for breakfast, yet there didn't seem to be many other food options within an easy stroll. Worth it for the seculsion of the location, but having a few simple dishes (salads, roti, soup) available in the afternoon and evening from the restaurant would be of great service to guests who just want to hole up in this little sanctuary.

(Nearby Mamak stall, though not unreservedly recommended by staff, proved to have tasty roti canai, thank goodness!)

Room Tip: Loft is fantastic and worth the extra dough if you have it, but I peaked into a few rooms during cle...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank vhoecke
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Fantastic experience and great comfort at the multidimensional KL!
We were met at the airport and caught up by Mercedes transfer organized by the hotel.
After we approached, we had a coffee pause at the chill-out terrace with a swimming pool view and in minutes our (upgraded for free!) room was ready. The room is like a Maldives-inspired bungalow which is surprising in the middle of the city. Hand-made wooden furniture, doors and bed that is a little higher than average!
Spacious bathroom with a tropic rain shower effect. A lounge zone to lay down and relax by the window, delicious complementary teas, sound system and tv is all inside the room.
Outside you have a spacious swimming pool with beach chairs and even an artificial waterfall.
Picturesque courtyard.
But the most amazing element of the hotel is Cherie, the manager. She is just great and treats you like you are the one and only. And she has a perfect and very responding team of service staff.
Finally, delicious cuisine and peacefulness make your stay unforgettable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple