“Amazing”
Review of Villa Samadhi

Villa Samadhi
Ranked #2 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed in 2 room types and loved them both. We stayed for 1 night as a stop over in a crib room, it had everything you could want. We both looked forward to our return visit a week later in a luxe crib.Amazing staff , the manager should be proud of his team working here, all the little extras go a long way to making a delightful stay , Thank you Villa Samadhi for our amazing visit

1  Thank Pippapop

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Service is indeed outstanding, we slept in first day and were impressed that serving "breakfast" after noon was no problem at all! Cherie and her team were wonderful. The property overall is fantastic, almost surreal at night.

Gorgeous rooms - we took a look at several. Little gripe that the A/C in our "Luxe Crib" struggled to achieve a nice temperature in the day - I am all for avoiding unnecessary cooling when the room is unoccupied, but if guests have to wait 30 minutes to get comfortable when they return, then at least the room should have a ceiling fan to provide some air circulation in the meantime.

Strongly recommend the recently refurbished hilltop Tamarind restaurant for dinner, Cherie organised the transport which was useful as most taxi drivers did not know Villa Samarind, it needed lots of hands on guidance every time. Service and food and ambience were outstanding - try the outside section though perhaps protect your legs with Off.

Room Tip: they are mostly different! Luxe crib has an outside jacuzzi on private terrace, very special.
1  Thank chacann
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stopped into KL on transit stops on the way to Vietnam and stayed at Villa Samadhi both ways. This is a really lovely property with such excellent personal attention by Cherie and her staff. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else next time we are in KL.
The only suggestion I would make is to take advantange of their transfer service to and from the airport .... its quite well hidden and our taxi driver drove us around and around and around and around .... really - its worth getting picked up by them in their car!! (I think it was cheaper than a premium taxi anyway!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annabel W
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My bf surprised me with an overnight trip here and I tell you, it is amazing. If you discount the slight construction noise going about, this place is heaven! You'd feel like you were in a resort in Bali! Service were EXCELLENT. Towels not collected and the pool but delivered to your sunbed. Lots of sunbeds surrounding the pool. After lazing around for a bit, there was a free mineral water as well as some fruits, all complimentary! Staffs try their best to be unobtrusive. Totally fantastic interior design. Breakfast was just what I wanted to feel like a pampered princess... What a memorable holiday!

Room Tip: There are rooms with direct pool access
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pui_Saan
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My wife and I spent only one day in Villa Samadhi unfortunately in May 2012. We had been to Vietnam and had also spent one night in Traders to see the Towers. Villa Samadhi has the best service of practically any place I have been. It was fantastic. The food was also excellent. The pool was beautiful. It was wonderfully private. The staff are incredibly freindly, helpful and genuine people. We loved it. The room was in a rustic Asian style and really comfortable (highest bed I've ever been on). I can't wait to get back to this lovely, boutique style hotel.

1  Thank Monotone
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My gf and I spent a night at Villa Samadhi to celebrate my birthday. It was an amazing experience, splendid room and great service.

The breakfast at mandi was scrumptious and the in room Jacuzzi et al was beyond expectation.

Little offs I would suggest to the Samadhi team is to properly clean the pool (the water was a bit slimy).

Regardless of the pool, I did enjoy my stay at Villa Samadhi.

Cheers,
Laurent

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurent D
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My hubby surprised me with this Part 1 of 10 of our honeymoon! :D

Superbly located in the lush greeneries of the U-Thant area, we really enjoyed its promixity to malls, gardens and food whilst coming "home" to some tranquil at the end of a hectic day.

Cherie, the resident manager was ever so attentive and ensured we were comfortable with our Sarang (Nest) and immediately took all necessary steps to provide the peace and quiet we went there for.

As I wasn't too happy with the location of our Sarang (next to the road and an electricity hut), we roughly re-arranged the mattress into the study. When we came back from dinner, the housekeeping staff tickled us by turning down our "mattress" and it felt just as cozy as the original bed.

We were spoilt for choices during breakfast - they offered quality western, eastern and dessert options, coupled with mini surprises of fruits and donuts during tea-time.

Things they could do better (to get a 5):
1) Ensure a smoke-free zone - it is after all a retreat (we could smell our neighbours' 2nd hand smoke from the balcony and the poolside)

2) The poolside cabana could be cleaner (with more frequent changes to the cover/ material that can be wiped clean). The water in the pool looked slightly murky - looked like it needed some pool floor vacuuming.

3) Mosquito fogging!!! I believe this would have given me my perfect snooze by the poolside. They do have these mini-mozzies that bite nastily in the evening.

4) Brighter hallways - we had to fumble with our key and lock every time. The light control switches were also rather haphazardly arranged, so it took quite a while to figure out the lighting before bed time.

5) A jacuzzi that we would control (although we were told the automation was due to past problems with guests controlling the jacuzzi).

All in all, we rested very well during both nights and can't wait to explore the rest of their properties :)

Room Tip: Do request for the rooms away from the road/ electricity hut.
1  Thank kakipanjang