“Friendly staff, comfortable room”
Review of Hotel Summer View

Hotel Summer View
Ranked #64 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed one night and found all the staff to be friendly. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and I found the A/C not noisy. Wi Fi worked well.
I enjoyed the breakfast and thought there was a good selection available of cooked food as well as toast and a variety of fruits.

The location though isn't the best, in Brickfields there wasn't that much exactly out your door but you can travel a short distance to where all the madness is.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LuluNomad
There are newer reviews for Hotel Summer View

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a trip to KL. Hotel does nothing particularly well and is in an ok location as far as it is a short walk to the monorail and also the central station so is easy to get buses to and from the airport, but the area surrounding the hotel is not the greatest, a bit run down, with hostels, and some strange coming and goings in the next door building round the corner. The room is functional, the bed was comfortable and clean, the rest of the room was ok it had a tv but that didnt have a good picture on lots of the channels or channel choice, a safe in the room, noisy air con, tea & coffee making facilities and a nice hot shower. The skirting board by the bedside table was very dusty and didnt look like it had been cleaned for a long time. The breakfast was OK as in there was bread for toast and fruit but it was a bit hit or miss if the food was hot or not. The staff in the restaurant spoke little english and were not very friendly. The reception staff and the security staff were however very friendly and efficient.
Overall the hotel was OK as a base to sleep but there are much better areas and I wouldn't stay here again or recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank steveissy
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I came to this hotel at midnight because we take a night flight. We can still check-in and the staff is helpfull. The room is clean and we got a king size bed. The breakfast enough tasty, my little girl like the french toast, but the cafe for dining was very small,it just can accomodate about ten peoples. The location is very strategic, just 5 minutes walk to KL Sentral, and Tun Sambanthan Monorail Station is near in the backside of the hotel, just a few step walk.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rinvan
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I booked Hotel Summer View in KL due to the close proximity to Sentral station.

The staff are the high-light of this hotel. Very accommodating, helpful and friendly.

The room was "ok". Nothing extraordinary. But the killer was the horrible Internet access. I needed to use Internet for work purposes and would have stayed in this hotel longer if not for the fact that I could barely load any web pages, let alone do work. I wasn't able to book my next destination due to pages that would never load.

Breakfast (included in my package) was good enough for my taste and they had a good variety.

I switched to the nearby Hotel Sentral due to the Internet and theirs was better (although, still not great...it allowed me to work). If you are trying to decide between the two, I would recommend Hotel Sentral. The room at Sentral (Superior With Breakfast via Agoda) was the same price but slightly larger, included a mini-fridge, and had a much larger breakfast selection. Both hotels are about the same walking distance to KL Sentral station where you can get busses to and from the airport (8 Ringgit) and trains pretty much anywhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Mowgus
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We chose to stay at the Summer View purely on it's location.(close to KL Sentral & Monorail). I was originally uncertain of what to do on arrival at LCCT at 1 a.m., but eventually decided to take a taxi from there to the Summerview. This was an avoidable expense, we should have taken the bus to KL Sentral and then taken a cab from there (around MYR 10 at that time of night) for the short distance to the hotel, but I hadn't realised that there would be cabs available very close to the bus stop.

Anyway, we arrived at the hotel around 3 a.m. and checking in was no problem at all. It was convenient that there was a 24 hour 7-11 very close by to enable us to pick up a couple of things (biscuits,etc).

The Summer View met all our expectations, the room was a reasonable size, it was clean, and the buffet breakfast was OK.

As others have said, the location is so convenient for going anywhere in KL easily. (NB. It's best to avoid coming back on the Komuter from Mid Valley Megamall at 4 p.m. on a Friday - it was just like those scenes of people being pushed into trains in Japan to allow the doors to close.)

I disagree with some other Reviewers who complained of a lack of Restaurants nearby, there are a good number (albeit mainly Indian, Malay, or Chinese) along Jalan Thambapillay and Jalan Tun Sambanthan (the part in front of KL Sentral).

Very happy to go back to Summer View again unless we wanted to have markets and bars, etc on the doorstep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vetus
Reviewed August 26, 2011

when your out there in an unknown country to have supportive people around is just total comfort that is exectly what we got from the staff at this hotel.full of smiles ever willing to be of service and of course it was great ,prompt and courtious service.I recommend this place beyond doubt.I am from Sri Lanka.
Clean and comfortable too.centrally located too.

Room Tip: rooms were clean and comfortable with excellent and prompt room service
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Shanika R R
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was my 3rd time staying at Summer View and every single time I was greeted with a smile from the friendly and courteous staff.

Room for a business traveller like me was beautifully furnished, spacious and most importantly clean. Breakfast was buffet and adequate. 5mins walk to KL Sentral, the main transportation hub in Kuala Lumpur. Foods are ample and easily found.

Stay here, 101% recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business