“Spot on”

Ranked #11 of 333 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Spot on”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault my stay at Step Inn. Staff were lovely, really helpful. Other guests were really friendly too. The location is great, you can walk moreorless anywhere because it's so central. Right by the central train station too. Can't complain :)

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice and pleasant staff and location. The staff is friendly and useful for the massive amount of informations and suggestions they gave us. Quite poor breakfast but Internet connection works quite good. The location is at walkable distance from the main attractions in Kuala Lumpur, but is not so easy to be found coming from the metro/bus station.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Martina P
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed August 8, 2013

i had an exciting holiday at Step Inn. I stay here for 3 nights. Nice places, awesome staff, good service, right price. Mr Alan and Malik gave me the direction from KLCC to their place. It's near the central bus station and 15mins walk to Bukit Bintang, central market, China town (5 mins), 10 mins to Petronas Twin tower. Good point you can cook in the kitchen and the guests are also nice here. I have some new friends. I'll recomend my friend to stay there in Sep when they come to KL. Step Inn is a really nice places for your holiday ^^

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My two days spent here were very pleasant. I had realistic expectations of hostels in Malaysia before coming here.
The rooms are nice and everything you need is provided in abundance by the extremely friendly and kind hostel owner. He went out of the way to go through a map with us giving advice and tips for local attractions and eateries. Most importantly I felt very safe there.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank CailineRua
Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Awesome guesthouse with amazing staff, you feel home right away! Very close to everything you need and want to see and pretty cheap. Worth it :) I travelled alone and its a good place to meet people. Breakfast included which is very nice too. Just make sure you stay here if you are in KL and you want to have a good plesent stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed in this hostel for few days in July 2013. I booked private room with shared bath facilities at cost of £8 per night so it was a bargain. I didn't expect much at that price I read mixture of reviews on tripadvisor and various hostels website.

when I arrived at night, I was met by lovley guy called Malik, he had lovely smile and made me feel at home. After taking payment he carried my suitcase up to the third floor and showed me to my room. He gave me a towel,roll of tissue paper and key to my room and wish me Good night.
unfortunately, my white sheets were stained.
Like previous reviews this no star accommodation, don't come here expecting much.

Good point near the central bus station and 10mins walk to Bukit Bintang, central market etc. You have Starbucks, KFC, Macdonalds , Nandos within walking distance, you have wifi in lounge only, there a kitchen if you wish to cook

Bad point: if your AC lover-none in private room,There are rats on the ground floor, Everyone seems to smoke in communal areas, no internet in the rooms, construction going to wake you up so no sleeping pass 8am

Customer experience: Points to note the owner Alan is usually on site most nights.He lovely guy very good heart, he would give you his last penny left to him. However, his staff take advantage of his caring nature. The European intern slowick at first seems to be helpful but if you disagree with him on any points, you will witness a very dark side of him. He become mean, rude, arrogant person.

Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a great experience here. This is not a five star hotel, and it does not advertise as such. But the rooms were clean, decent bathrooms, decent location (some good inexpensive restaurants nearby). What really did it for me was how helpful their staff was. Particularly Malik, who works the night shift, was genuinely kind, and accommodating. He went through a nice walking tour of the city, suggested restaurants, and even woke me up at five in the morning to make sure I got to my bust on time. Recommend to any budget traveler.