Somerset Ampang Kuala Lumpur
GTower Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Sakura Boutique Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
Element Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Villa Samadhi(Kuala Lumpur)
View Hotel
All reviewswashing machinerooftop poolserviced apartmentliving roomone bedroom apartmentwalk in wardrobebedroom premierpetronas towerscooking utensilsgreat apartmentapartment hotelkids poolshuttle servicehome away from homedining tablefree shuttledvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Well situated near city center.
Living room, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom with dressing and good free internet connection.
Broad TV programs choice on large flatscreen
Friendly staff
Maybe the furniture is a litle too Zen.
The only minus is the low quality and decor of the next-door's restaurant which serves the inclusive breakfast.

Room Tip: Have breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay in these lovely newish apartments.. I only stayed for 2 nights with a group of friends, but I can see that it would be a great place for business travellers or those staying for a while longer as the apartments are well-equipped with washing machine, dryer, kitchen, hairdryer etc. Nice rooftop facilities - infinity pool, jacuzzi and gym. Nice view of KL in the morning and night-time - you can see KL towers from there.

Service at the front-desk was super friendly and helpful, provided us with a map and quick rundown of KL when we arrived. Unsure why, but one of our bedrooms was also upgraded to a deluxe one-bedroom aprt on arrival which was a bonus :).

The location is only slightly inconvenient. It is on a street surrounded by a lot of foreign embassies not many places are within walking distance. But there is a LRT within walking distance, the hotel hails in cabs for you and it also offers a free shuttle bus service that goes to most of the main shopping centres/KL sights. To be honest, KL's terrible traffic is the bigger problem in terms of getting around. The hotel itself quite close to KLCC and nearby shopping centres!

Thanks Somerset!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Last time visiting KL I stayed in Traders hotel and said it was great, but now I would recommend Somerset even more. Because for a lesser price you get the whole apartment (with living room and kitchen), not just a room which is serviced like in any other hotel, astonishining view from the bathroom and amazing 'infinite' pool with great view on the city.
Hotel located 1 LRT stop from the city center (or 10-15 minutes of walk), there are also shuttles running to the center in the morning. 'Executive' taxi is waiting by the hotel lobby, so getting around is not a problem and their meter rates are quite reasonable.
Personal attitude is spotless and service is great.

I don't really understand why some people are rating breakfast as really bad. From my point of view it's not the most luxurious breakfast that I had in a hotel, but just good enough and does it's job.

We booked executive room, but were upgraded to a premium room on 19th floor, which also has a small office room. Difference in price between different room types is negligable, so I'd recommend to book a higher class to get more satisfaction from your staying there.

Recommend staying in this place, 100% worse it.

Room Tip: As it was said in other reviews - ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexander A
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Somerset Ampang in KL. For the price of a Hotel, you get a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment, with washing machine/dryer & kitchen. Sometimes I don't want to go out for food. It's about 3 minutes walk to the Ampang LRT station, so everything is close from there.

Downside is that the breakfast in the restaurant next door is pretty poor. Since I don't eat much breakfast, I wasn't worried, but I wouldn't book the place for the breakfast. On the upside though, you can make your own breakfast - you have the facilities.

I'd still rather stay there than a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stay there twice on December 2012. Room is ok but the service is so bad.... Place worth for the price but the concierge and front desk is bad and not forget the security. It's really give bad name to a nice place. if people ask me... I won't suggest the place and I won't come back. There's more place to stay in Jln ampang. First time I stay...I still give chance and come back for second time.... I stay in three bedroom unit.. But they treat us like we are not paying for the stay. So if u just need place to sleep...then this is the place but not for stay....and if u don't mind to a bad service.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rosacanin
Gary_SAKL, Manager at Somerset Ampang Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Rosacanin,

Thank you for your feedback.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your previous stay with us.

We always encourage our residents to bring their concern to the Guest Service Manager at the time when the issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that his/her concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making his/her stay with us a pleasant one.

In this instance, the management of the property was unaware of the incident and is very sorry to learn that you were left with an unpleasant experience.

Please contact me at +603 2723 8889 or email at gary.theng@the-ascott.com so that we can take remedial action to ensure incident like this will not happen again. Thank you.

Gary Theng