“Good value”

Ranked #57 of 337 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Good value”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was clean and good size. The rooms were clean but the general look of the hotel and hallways could be better maintained.
This was a really good value for Kuala Lumpur, with no fuss. The staff was friendly and professional. Wifi was reliable
In chinatown, next to the street market.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Katayoun K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We are from Jakarta, goup of 8 person, went to KL in September 2012 till Oct 2012 stay 4 times at Nan Heang Hotel Jl Sultan, China Town Kuala Lumpur. Hotel has small rooms but clean and nice staffs. Location is very convenient, we all like to eat, so staying at China town is very comfortable. Also very close to Pudu Sentral a bus terminal. Hotel rate is good. In the future if plan to KL, will sure stay at Nan Yeang again. Suggest group with low budget may consider this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Samuel Jackie P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Kuala Lumpur is a regular stopover for us when we go to Europe. To be honest finding decent budget hotels there is always a bit of an issue, so when we came across this place right round the corner from Petaling Street for just RM80, we couldn't believe our luck. It delivered what we expected, very clean, small but comfortable rooms, excellent service and assistance from all staff, everyone was really friendly. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank froggy45500
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought to give this hotel a try and it turn out rather satisfying and also not so satisfying.the pros was everything in the room was clean.the cons were the room was rather small, not much space to move around, in fact I ask fr a room with balcony but not fulfilled, the shower water pressure was inconsistent,the towel was of poor quality, when u rub on ur skin,bits & pieces of thread fell off. Maybe it wasn't suitable fr me as i'm travelling with a toddler.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank izlelism
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed here several times now and I thought it only fair that I give them a review. The last time we stayed for over a month!

We have tried all the rooms (except family) The economy is a very very good deal as you get a private bathroom, TV, AND a balcony for LESS than many of the guesthouses in the area that have a shared bathroom. The economy rooms are small though. When I was back in the UK my boyfriend stayed in a single with shared bathroom (very cheap.)

We spent most of our time there in a standard. We were on the 5th or 6th floor (stairs and the lift works fine.) We had good air con, a comfortable bed and a large balcony. Lovely bathroom with reasonably hot water. Big desk, stool and TV. The wifi was fast enough to stream programmes / films.

Staff were always lovely and discounts are available (not on economy rooms) of 10% if you ask nicely and will stay a week or so.

The location is great, another reason we stayed so long. Just around the corner from Petaling Street. Loads of food in the afternoon, evenings. Easy walk to Pudu central bus terminal (end of the road) and close to both Pasar Seni and Masjid Jamek LRT stations. Close to central market too. Close to new FREE GOKL bus stop.

Highly recommended! Try and book or ring though, they are usually pretty busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount. Not all standards have a balcony but they will move you once one is available if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Minisuitcase
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel situated in china town. The location is good with plenty of restauration option in the same street. The room was clean and the bathroom was just impecable. This is a very good deal for 80RM/night. Staff was professional.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank spoutnik78
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

For 80RM, this hotel is excellent value. They don't seem to be listed with any booking websites, but arranging a stay online with them was very easy and they responded to my email within a day.

They accommodated my request for a quiet room (I'm a very light sleeper) graciously, and were helpful when checking out and leaving my luggage there.

The rooms are a decent size, as is the bathroom. It is a shower-over-toilet arrangement, but that's to be expected for not only the price, but the region - this seems to be the norm.

I had a lot of natural light in my room which was great. One of the downsides to this hotel was the fact that I found their pillows too high, and when I requested a softer one, I was told they were all the same. The walls are also reasonably thin, so I could hear my neighbour in the shower coughing up something special repeatedly, which was quite foul!

Despite these issues, if I was in KL again, I would return here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street if you're a light sleeper. As the hotel overlooks China...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo