“Still oke lah for Inn”

Sky Hotel Bukit Bintang
Ranked #97 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“Still oke lah for Inn”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel is quite good, if u re not looking for wifi connection ( wifi only cover the lobby area )
The room is clean, not so cold, bathroom clean.
Because they use LED in room, so not so bright.
Comfort for sleep only.
But overall is like an inn not a hotel.
Would we come back here? Hmmm maybe

Thanks

Room Tip: Try to choose room in below 3A, the wifi still cover.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The bed size is extra large king size bed and a good connection of wifi Internet inside the room and the lobby. The service is improving compared to 6 months ago, when they just started to expand building more rooms but without the addition of more staffs which made a catastrophe and chaos to the service. Now, they even lent us umbrellas for the room guests. It's a small thing but very useful for us since it rained almost every day in KL during our visit.
The Hotel is situated in the prime area of Bukit Bintang so it's very convenient for traveller to shop and eat around the area.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Sky Hotel KL for three nights, and had a terrible experience. When I booked the room online via their website, I was notified that check-in time was 2:00 pm. I reached the hotel at 1:50 pm and when I wanted to check-in, the counter staff told us that there were no rooms available. We ended up waiting at the lobby up till 3:50 pm before we got one room. The other room was given to us at about 4:30 pm. It was a frustrating start to our short getaway because we simply wasted so much time waiting for the rooms. When we got to our rooms (Rooms 227 and 228), we noticed some visible cracks on the walls. However, the room was generally clean and everything else was expected for a budget hotel.

It was from the second night that the hotel really disappointed. When we returned to our rooms after one day out shopping, we found several small roaches crawling in the rooms (see pictures uploaded). Some were on the floor, some were running about in the toilet and some were on the table. It was utterly disgusting. We called the front desk and they said that the housekeeping staff had already gone home. They ended up sending a guy with a roach spray to our rooms and the room stank (of insecticide) after that. Even with that horrible smell, we only managed to get rid of some. While I was very tired from all that shopping, I could not sleep well and psychologically, I felt itchy all over. This nightmarish experience continued on for the last night.

A hotel, however budget, should at least strive to serve the basic need of comfort and cleanliness. This hotel failed on this very basic aspect. The more perplexing part is that the rooms were cleaned and made up every day, but roaches still appear. I have been to my fair share of budget hotels, but none were as bad as this. At least I did not have to worry about roaches crawling all over the room when I was sleeping. Staff were, on average, friendly, but did not really seem interested in solving the roach problem (they seemed pretty accustomed to it).

The only comfort this hotel provided was price. I had done my own research prior to booking and this hotel is one of the cheapest near the Bukit Bintang area. To sum it all up, I would not return to this hotel again, unless it can really get rid of the appalling roach problem.

Room Tip: Rooms 227 and 228 have a recurring roach problem.
2 Thank Tangerines10

Travelers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is situated pretty near to berjaya times square,making it convenient for my group to travel around. The hotel has WiFi. The room condition is decent in general. Clean and tidy although there was a long and unsightly crack on the wall next to the television. I was displeased with the towels provided by the hotel as one of it had patches of dried blood. It was a major turnoff for us. However the staff took notice and removed the towel from our toilet without prompting.

Singapore
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed only for one night at this hotel. External facade of the hotel doesn't look appealing but this is a 3 star or budget hotel after all, so no complains on this portion. I had originally thought parking was by the roadside but got a pleasant surprise that the hotel actually has a basement carpark but managed by an external parking. However, number of parking lots are severely constrained but the parking attendant will guide you on where to park. Hotel lobby is relatively decent, comfortable and even provides free terminals for access to internet. However, the reviews about service level of the counter staffs are quite true and this is one area that they can look to improve, since they are the first contact points for every visiting guest. Room wise, I'd gotten a windowless room on level one and was greeted by a tiny spider and a few crawling ants on the wall beside the TV, but other than these, the condition of the room was relatively fine. Bed was relatively comfortable (wasn't expecting Hyatt or Shangri-La style in the first place), though pillows were a bit too soft to my liking. Bathroom was adequately equipped and properly positioned, so no complains on this portion either. However, one major complain that I have for this hotel is that the sound insulation for every room is near non-existent. I can perpetually hear my next door neighbours packing their luggage, watching TV. The worst thing is that there were a group of youngsters checked into the same level as me and they were shouting, laughing, banging the doors, dragging the chairs, all in the middle of the night, even though I suspect they were staying quite a number of rooms away from me. The sounds are all enclosed within the corridor and made worse by the fact that the floors along the corridor are not carpeted and the poor sound insulation in the rooms, I got woken up in the middle of the night. All in, this is a budget hotel and you are paying budget prices, so do not expect a fine service with rooms in top notch conditions and properly behaved neighbours.

Room Tip: Get a room on high floor and a deserted corner.
2 Thank Jianz
Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

i spent on that hotel 1 night only but it was really so good hotel with so careful staff,i booked a standard room but when i checked in they told me that all the standard is full booked so they upgrade my booking for a deluxe room with no extra charge ,the room was good with LCD tv and aircon and the room was really clean ,the sleeping quality was also so good ,the best thing is the location cause it's just 2 minutes walking away from Bukit Bintang street which is everything is there and all the night live too,the prices for the rooms also so good the room price start by RM 130 per night. generally the hotel is highly recommended .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ahmed M
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room was clean and quiet however wasn't finished. There was no door knob on the bathroom door and the skirting was not finished. Apart from these factors it was comfortable. The air con worked well and so did the shower. We thought it was quiet however it didn't seem very busy while we were there and we were on the 4th floor. The Internet was useless in the rooms but it worked ok in the lobby computers at times (as long as no one else was on the computers!). The location is quite good, close to several malls. Which was handy as the food in the restaurant was horrible (we had breakfast and dinner there).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple