“Fleas in Sky Hotel Rooms”

Sky Hotel Bukit Bintang
Ranked #93 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Fleas in Sky Hotel Rooms”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our family of 6 drove up to Kuala Lumpur last weekend, my newphew booked 3 rooms from Sky Hotel . When we first checked in , we were given 3 room on the 2nd floor. (2 connecting rooms, with myself , mum and 2 nieces) My Brother and newphew shared another room nearby. When the door to the 2 connecting room was opened, we were embraced by the strong mouldy smell coming out from the 2 rooms. When we walk further inside, we saw the walls were filled with big fat fleas crawling and jumping on the wall. There were some inside the wardrobe as well as ontop of the headboard of our King size bed.We quickly called the front desk , and one maintaince guy and a housekeeper came to our room. They were not very please about our complaint,and was showing faces of displeasure. 10mins later my brother came and told us there were lots of ants in their room too!! We asked to change room and was given rooms on the 3rd floor this time. The table, tv console, wardrobe looked pretty cheap and run down, lamps were seen with scotchtaped on them. The toilet door was not aligned properly and could not be closed. The night after some shopping , we headed back to the hotel. Being very absent minded I couldnt recall where I left my room key, and my bro decide to to use his room key to try and swipe on my door censor and we were in shock to find that it acutally unlocked my room door!! After going in , I realized my room key was actually in my mum's hand bag!! We didnt report or complain to anyone from the hotel , as we all know for sure we are not going back there anymore...NEVERRR!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank nunu8267

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I was in KL to attend a wedding of a great friend. I was part of a group of colleagues who are in KL to be part of the celebration.
Location is great. It's near a lot of street cafes. A mere walking distance to the monorail station Jalan Imbi which is rather strategic and of course, near to a shopping haven , the Berjaya Times Square.
I won't hesitate to come back again to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ShidaJamil
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family of 4 adults and a 2 yr old son stayed in family room on the 5th floor. Car park was good. Receptionist is also good accept that they still require a deposit of RM50 although i've paid full amount using credit card via online. The room is clean and neat. The toilet was good but the glass wall was not a good idea. It's a see through (although it is sand blasted). Very near to Low Yat Plaza and Sungei Wang Plaza. I recommend this hotel and for large family members, there are attached family rooms too. I like the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Alexshah
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Location :
at famous Bukit Bintang area, behind The Royale Bintang hotel.
As it's behind the Royale Bintang then make Sky Hotel is more quite/peace at night compare with other 2 or 3 stars hotel i ever stayed right in the bukit bintang street. Bukit Bintang street is very noisy and crowded during night. after 12-2 AM, the night street's life is getting lively just like a red district.

How to get there ?
From KL sentral, using monorail, then allign at bukit bintang station or Imbi station. Take a walk about 10-15 minutes.
Noted that mostly monorail station at KL doesn't use elevator to go down, so be prepare if you are carrying big luggage.

Fare :
with price I paid and consider it is a bukit bintang area, Sky hotel is value for money.
sometimes you can get best offers during some low period.

Room :
Clean, minimalist and having proper bathroom with separate shower area.
hair dryer is also provided. Check some photos to see how nice the room.

Breakfast :
the fare is for room only. If you want a simple breakfast, you can direct pay about with RM 12/pax to their restaurant for breakfast each morning. But, not too many various in their menu.
Tips : try to take breakfast at Low Yat Plaza mal, near the hotel at Bulan street.
There's Coffee Club at the basement and i do like to have my coffee or tea-c with toast or nasi lemak.

Tour :
there is tour desk in the lobby. you can check to get best offering.

room service :
not available, however, finding foods at bintang area is so easy.

what i lke most after staying there is the location, quite peace at night, good price and comfort room to take a rest with your family is also okay. It is also suite for families.

what i think need to be improved is the friendliness of reception staff upon check-in process. as i saw not many smile to guest.

Room Tip: standard room with window is only limited. try to ask a room with window, probably they can provide...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank footprintraveller
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is situated in quiet off street in bukit bingtang (next to the federal hotel). I am a solo traveller and stayed in this hotel a few times, the most recent being August 2012. The hotel fits in budget/Value for money category, its clean, relative good service, fairly hassle free, great location and about $50 US per night.

The main things going for hotel are:

1. Close to Jalan Alor (famous food street), has many delicious hawker style food stalls , worth a visit for dinner.

2. Close to Sky Train - Bukit bintang sky train is about 5 min walk

3. Close to 4 shopping malls - Loy Plat (IT mall), LOT 10 (female/male fashion), Pavillion Plaza (upmarket fashion mall) and many more.

Some things the hotel doesnt have :

1. Pool - didnt bother me as this is not what i was seeking from my stay
2. Fitness centre - Same as above

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tom b
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed in Sky Hotel for 23 nights during my trip to KL last month. It is situated in Bukit Bintang, and within walking distance to shopping, food, etc. I have been to KL many times in the past, and have stayed in a number of hotels in Bukit Bintang, but I must say that Sky hotel offers the best value for money. If you are looking for a decent place, with decent sized bathroom, comfortable beds, modern design and affordable prices, this is the place for you. The only comment I have is that the bathroom corners are a little mouldy.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is probably less than two years old, therefore all facilities still look new, fresh and clean. The rooms are very contemporary or modern in design, a very affordable three stars hotel. Avoid the rooms without windows, and you should find your stay peaceful, quiet and comfortable.

One great advantage of this hotel is its location: it is situated very close to, but not along Bukit Bintang road, which is one of the busiest and touristy thoroughfares in the city of Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms without windows
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family