“Mix Experience Stay at Sky Hotel KL”

Sky Hotel Bukit Bintang
Ranked #105 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have stayed at Sky Hotel for 3 days at the end of May 2012. I chose this property just to try their service and so called "new luxury with affordable price" slogan. As this is part of my business purposes, i was not stress my intention to get a very comfy room. But out of my expectation, this property have offered me a very comfy and spacious room. Their deluxe king room have a super-big bed which is a bit hard but so clean and new. There is some fault of the ceiling spotlight and reading lamp but I expect it to be minor considering the hotel service was minimal for the price i have pay. The bathroom and toilet was separate between wash basin and there was not connected. So, you need to pass the wash basin to go between toilet bowl and rain-shower part. The cleanliness was good as the make-up of my room was almost perfect if I must say. However, i found the furniture was not fully fit the room. It was made from rough material and seem to be finished in hurry. I expected the furniture to be dysfunctional in a fast pace in years to come. Overall, i rated the room in a very satisfied condition. Now back to the service. I have not try their SPA and Bar in the hotel's lobby but it seem to be only few people around. It maybe okay later as it seem very new and still can feel new paint in both facilities. The hotel's location was quite good. Just a road between the hotel and Royal Bintang Hotel; means it was perfectly located at the end of hussle Bukit Bintang main road.So everything within your reach just by walking. For the business trip less than 3 days, i will suggest the hotel for you. But for more leisure and fun trip, you'll better looking for a better hotel in the other end of Bukit Bintang. This hotel was good, just lack of shines.

Room Tip: 1. Room facing the back of the hotel is more quiet as it will facing jln Pudu to KL's Police HQ...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KvnBorneo
There are newer reviews for Sky Hotel Bukit Bintang

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Not well-known, our taxi driver had to phone them for directions (it's right next to the much bigger 'Royale')

As others have pointed out, the front desk staff were unsmiling and not at all welcoming. In contrast the security guards were friendly and polite, though they could not remove the bad taste left in our mouths from the 3 women at the desk.

Room was fairly spacious for a city center hotel, very modern feel and the place is bigger than it looks from the outside. Even has a little gym, which was a nice touch for the price.

Pros:
Full-size coffee cups, instead of the silly little things most hotels have
Room safe
Basic gym
Two busy but swift elevators
Friendly and plentiful security guards

Cons
No tissues?
Hot or cold water was a bit of a gamble, going from scalding to freezing without adjustment
Had to call for (2) light bulbs to be replaced
View of a neighboring concrete wall, just a patch of sky (room 310)
Worth repeating, front desk staff borderline rude, certainly not friendly

Room Tip: Room 310 has no view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

it could be a great hotel to stay EXCEPT for d fact that it have the most unfriendly female receptionist...pity.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Justobservin
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After reading many reviews, i booked this hotel for our 1 night stay at bukit bintang and I would say we had a very pleasant stay....it was in a quieter area and u have to walk a little to pavillion, and changkat but we didnt mind that a bit....it's near to Low Yat and we walked there for breakfast at Coffee Bean...the rooms were nice and modern...very clean too...There was also basement parking with guards for 24 hrs...found that very helpful....checking in and out was a breeze too...would definitely stay there again ;)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Resh_8
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in late April 2012. The rates for 2 nights is RM340. The hotel is easy to find. The nearest iconic hotel is Royale Bintang Hotel. Most of the reviews are quite true. The reception did not give you a welcoming attitude. However, they will do what they are supposed to do. When I made the reservation through Asiarooms, I have indicated that I would like to have a twin room and quiet room. They have acceded to my request. My room no. is 521. The room was quite spacious. It could easily accommodate one more single bed. There are complimentary bottled drinks and toiletries. However, tea and coffee sachets are not provided. The rooms are quite new since this is a new hotel. The designs are modern and homely. The lightings are quite bright. One of the light bulbs is not working but it did not bother us much. The bed is not very soft but still quite comfortable to sleep. However, the pillows are simply too soft. It became inflated when I sleep on it and I have to slot my clothes under the pillow to increase the height of the pillow. The room is furnish with a 32 inch LCD TV. I have stayed in better hotels in KL previously but they only have CRT TV. The room also has a small fridge. To list a few minus things, the room is very hot in the day, and the heater is not working. The water temperature is out of control. And the aircon in the room and ventilator in the bathroom is quite noisy. Luckily, I have brought my ear plug so that I could block the noises. Overall, we think that we are quite lucky to stay in this room. Unlike other reviewers, we did not hear any noise from the pub downstairs as we are staying on higher floor. We also couldn't hear people talking next door or hear any noises from the road. The guards were very friendly. They would always open the door and pressed the lift for you. And they are always smiling. There are 3 sets of PC at the lobby and you can surf the net free of charge. They also provide free wifi but there is no signal on the 5th floor. The reception offered to lend us a cable to connect to the laptop. Generally, the rate is quite affordable taking into account to its location and room condition. It would be better if there is a coffee table and chairs in the room. My partner and I have to take turns to eat at the writing table. The hotel do not provide tissue paper and we have use the toilet roll as a substitute. But we do not mind as we do not expect too much from them. You would have a pleasant stay if you do not too much.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in March...booked two rooms one family and one double..
The hotel is still under renovation so there was a strong smell of paint..
The location is within walking distance to main area Bukit Bintang...if you wish to go shopping and be only be walking distance away...then this hotel is Ok..

The disappointing issue with Sky Hotel was the thin walls as previously reviewed by others.
My parents whom stayed in the double room, was actually an adjoining room, to which they were staying next to a group (not sure how they all slept) but there was atleast 5-6 people in that room... constantly talking and had the TV up very loud.

We complained to security in which they came up to hear how loud the noise was and then went to request they turn it down.
We were unable to get a room change until the following day, so we all had to cram into the family room where there was no noise.

We also found the family room had a leaking air con and there is only a window which looks onto an internal courtyard in the building.

I would only reccomend this hotel for the location, a tip would be to ensure the room is not an adjoining room with a paper thin door..

The hotel did have a bar/restaurant as well as a thai massage place which we did get massages from.
Hotel reception staff could be more friendly, and ensure you take mosquito spray as there were many under the desks where their wifi comps are situated.

Room Tip: ask to check your rooms before confirming the key...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VVVIIICCKKYY
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Sky hotel continues to strive for ongoing development with the addition of the gymnasium on the third floor and restaurant on the ground. I repeatedly stay here on most of my KL adventures due to the brilliant location, affordability and clean rooms. Major improvements in staff attitudes are pleasing. For example, the security/doormen insisting I take an umbrella because it was about to rain. That certainly did not happen a year ago! The room service staff are to be commended for their attention to detail and presentation standard of cleanliness. Whilst there are still some sour faced personnel behind the reception desk, the rest of the staff make up for their
miserable front desk attitudes. I agree with some of the comments here such as the first floor noise. Upon arrival we initially had a room with an adjoining door where a very boisterous Indian family occupied. Although I couldn't understand a word they spoke, it was as if they were in the same room with us, the walls did not muffle their loud voices one iota. However, when we requested a different room, the staff did not hesitate and much assistance was given by the delightful security gentlemen relocating baggage. Now, after six nights, we are still here at Sky, no complaints, a welcome retreat after hectic days shopping!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if possible
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple