“à la carte recommended but not the buffet (unless you are starving)” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gobo Chit Chat

Gobo Chit Chat
Ranked #187 of 3,998 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gobo Chit Chat offers stylish all-day dining, with a sushi bar, Thai appetizer buffet, open noodle kitchen and a bakery. A kaleidoscope of animated light illuminates a curved, 10-metre-high ceiling, creating a unique urban dining experience.
Epsom, United Kingdom
“à la carte recommended but not the buffet (unless you are starving)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice. Service was excellent on both occasions with a relaxed atmosphere but the food was more variable.

On our first night we had just arrived in KL and weren't particularly hungry (owing to the time change) so we opted just to have a main course of two local dishes on the à la carte menu which were very tasty, reasonably priced and the portion size was generous.

We returned the following night for the buffet and bearing in mind that the food was going to cost about three times as much of our previous excellent meal (RM 95 = £19 per head) we were expecting great things. However it was disappointing. Apart from the Chinese steamed fish which was beautifully cooked, delicious and hot, much of the food was fairly cold. Admittedly it was a Sunday night and the place was only about 25% full but I would have expected better. The food was similar in price and quality to my local Asian buffet in the UK only not as hot.

If you are starving, the buffet obviously represents good value. One bloke looked like he was eating for a family of six and the staff were perfectly happy for him to keep collecting more food. But unless you are starving, stick to the à la carte menu.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Penzance
“A good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We arrived at the hotel late and therefore we were only able to grab a quick bite at the restaurant. They were more than happy to accommodate us although the buffet was being cleared away and the other diners finishing up. That said, we chose from the a la carte menu and were served with a smile as they cleared up and laid up for breakfast.

My husband chose a western dish and I decided to have a local dish and opted for the nasi lemak noting the description on the menu. I had not heard of this dish previously, but now know it is traditional fare. It was a strange mix with hot peanuts, fried anchovies (delicious) and the lovely rice and curry with a boiled egg and some other bits and pieces. It was very nice in a slight odd way to the western palate. I am pleased I tried it.

Although the restaurant was still technically open, the staff were good enough to serve us with a smile.

We too had our breakfast here as part of our hotel stay. The restaurant was transformed into a very busy place with a mass of staff and all very organised. No wait for a table. When you sit down a card is placed on the table with red on one side "I am full do not clear table" and green on the other side "Full please clear the table". The idea being you flip the card over when you are finished and the staff clear and relay the table ready for the next guest. They have the usual egg station, but instead of waiting in a queue for your eggs to be cooked to your liking, you fill in a form at your table, hand it to the egg station attendant and go about getting the rest of your breakfast. Your order is then delivered to your table. It is well organised, although looks a chaos.

• Visited January 2014
Wylie, Texas
“Buffet was slack luster”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Staying at Traders Hotel for a week and a half. So, thought I would give Gobo Chit-Chat a go this first night.

They had a buffet that included many varieties of food, sushi, western and local.

Much of what I tried was in the warm to luke warm side. I would have expected better temperature control for foods on a buffet.

The waiter, even though he didn't really have much to do, was no where to be found when it came time for my bill. Thankfully, another waitress took care of that for me.

All in all was was not really impressed, for a 140MR (about $42 US) tab I would have expected better quite frankly.

Visited January 2014
Melbourne
“A la carte menu average / Buffet breakfast excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

When dining here for dinner during our stay at the Traders hotel we opted for the a la carte menu over the buffet as we weren't overly hungry. We were disappointed with the presentation, taste and quantity of our meals. However, we were more than happy with the buffet breakfast available. Recommend to definitely eat in for the breakfast choices but perhaps find somewhere else for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Poor restaurant for the Traders Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table at this restaurant for 7.30pm thinking it may be busy when arriving. It was relatively quiet so we did not really need to book.

We opted for the a la carte menu. There are a great variety of dishes to pick from. However when the food arrived we were disappointed. Firstly I ordered the curry and the pickles and poppadoms were missing. I asked the member of staff and she said this is only available if I ordered the rice rather than chappati. So I let it go... however after going through the menu again the next day I noticed the meal included those two items so I effectively paid for items I was told are not included when they should have been. This means the staff do not know the menu very well.

The service is slow and the food was a bit cold. For an excellent hotel this restaurant is poor both in terms of the food and service.