“THE Place to stay!”
Review of BackHome KL

BackHome KL
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After 4 nights here, I wish I could stay longer! Everything is perfect! Friendly staff, clean and original rooms, breakfast big enought, clean and tidy bathroom and even the place in the city. Close to transport and all activities and walk in KL. Safe place, quiet, with free wifi! Even the architecture is awesome...
For this price you can't get better hostel to stay in KL.
Enjoy your stay :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for BackHome KL

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here 4D/5N and the stay was amazing. We checked in at 1am in the night and informed the reception about our odd check-in time and they had a guard expecting us at that hour with the room key. He showed us to our room directly and suggested that we get some sleep and deal with all the paper work the next day. The room was very clean and cozy and the breakfast was minimal. The hotel staff is extremely helpful and their service staff is adorable. They always have a cheerful smile on their faces which uplifts the mood and keeps the place congenial.
I was a bit worried about having to share the bathrooms but not even once did I find an untidy bathroom or had to wait for my turn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Really enjoyed my time at this hostel!! very quirky, clean, good location, great breakfast and really amazing staff. the wifi worked really well and i felt at home here. nice movie room free tea and coffee. the reception guy was helpful in arranging my taxi to the airport to ensure i didnt get ripped off. my only negative would be that the toilet area could do with more shelves/hooks and better lighting. would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hostel is very stylish (modern concrete), clean and perfectly situated in walking distance to China Town, Little India and public transport (the LRT station is about 500m away). They have a great TV-room and the price includes a basic brekkie (coffee, tea, toast, jam). Furthermore there's a small café that serves good food (though a bit pricier) and attracts a lot of white collars at noon.

FYI: Only shared bathrooms. There's a backroad that might get noisy in the early morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm for 3 nights when I first arrived in KL. BackHome has large and private beds, in spacious bedrooms. Air conditioning is nice for those of us still getting used to the humidity. Showers and bathroom facilities were also good, and a simple breakfast (toast with tea/coffee) was appreciated, as was the wifi. Theoretically it is a great hostel, but just just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi. It's a bit sterile. The common areas do not feel welcoming and people were not very friendly out in these areas (although I found most of my room mates were). The kitchen is not really large enough to use in any meaningful way. The staff were pleasant but not overly friendly. And, while there was a movie room, it was out of action. All in all I would recommend BackHome for its excellent facilities, but suggest it is more of a guesthouse than backpacker feel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hostel is simply the best I have stayed in while travelling around Asia. It wasn´t easy to find as the numbers of buildings are not clearly displayed, however when you find it, you just love it. The lady at the counter speaks very good English and was super nice and helpful. She recommended places to go and the local restaurant for dinner which was just wonderfull despite the fact that we were the only Westerners there and the locals looked at as they had never seen white people before. The hostel has very nice outside and inside resting areas and is projected in a very modern and functioning style, so are the rooms.

Room Tip: The first night I stayed in an 8bed room and the second in the 4bed room and as I was all day out I...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights at BackHome. Great location, right between LittleIndia and Chinatown, outstanding customer service, from the welcoming to answering all my questions about KL, and especially in a occasion of a booking issue, which they solved brilliantly. Complementary simple breakfast, if you want a more advanced meal you can get it at LOKL next door. A nice mix of guests, from other backpackers to families and young people in KL for work visits. Sometimes the rooms smell funny as soon as you enter, but it disappears after a few seconds you are in the room. I will be back next time I am in KL!

• Stayed: April 2013