“excellent”

Ranked #20 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Australia
“excellent”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Executive lounge excellent and staff very friendly. Rooms clean and whilst not large more than enough space for the average traveller. Gym good but pool too cold, nothing they can do about this though as they are surrounded by buildings.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wtcmor
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear wtcmor,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our Executive Lounge and gym facilities to your liking. I appreciate your understanding for the pool water temperature, and certainly we will work with the team for improvement although it may be not able to rectified quickly, however obviously these can always be improved.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bsb
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was staying in this hotel for a Training Seminar and this hotel is classy and nice.
It is a fair walking distance to the nearby shopping areas but it is worth the walk to see the local scenery. The staff is friendly and the Chocolate Cookies was really good. I do have a problem with my internet wifi access which was frustrating because I need it to talk to my wife and kids. But this frustration is dampen by the breakfast and lunch feast they provide everyday. The food are in multiple variation and really really scrumptious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear coldmist11,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and Makan Kitchen buffet to your liking. In particular I noted your comments regarding the Internet connection quality and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I do understand the importance of Internet connection quality for all hotel guests and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally for better service.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our Solemnisation was on 1st of May 2014. The ceremony was held at Wilayah Mosque. We decided to take the executive suites for 5 days, as the reception will be held that weekend as well.
The room we took was really spacious and the service was great.
To add to that it was my 31st birthday and Hilton was kind enough to give me a cake.
With the risk of sounding cheesy, i have to say it was one of the memorable moments of our life.
Thanks Hilton for providing great service.

Room Tip: try the different types of pillow on offer ..great little touch
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shah B,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our suite and pillow menu to your liking. I am happy to know how the team made your stay a memorable one with the little touch on your birthday celebration. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Faridabad, India
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We hv visited kualalumpur from 18th of June to 20 th of June.
We were booked in Hotel Double Tree Hilton by our travel agent.
We reached the hotel from the airport at 11 AM. We were told that the rooms were not ready as checkin time was 3 P.M.
We requested the guy sitting at the reception for an early chek in. He accepted the request and confirmed us after consulting the house keeping that in 1 hr we will get the rooms.
1 hr passes.2 hrs passed but the guy almost forgotten us.Finally he said it will take 30 min more.
Some how afyer 45 min we were handed over the keys.
During this entire period I obseved that whoever was coming for the checkin on of the representative from the reception was accompanying the guest to the rooms.
When our turn came they simply handed over the key and shown the way to the lift. A kind of treatment based on nationality or may be the colour of the skin.
The breakfast has Indian section but none of the dishes served resembling to the Indian taste. So be prepared to have continental breakfast only.
The rooms are comfortable.
Few rooms have a direct view of Patronas towers.
Please be careful while selecting the hotel. Expensive does not mean always good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dkgupta49
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear dkgupta48,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

First please let me offer my apologies that your arrival experience was disappointing. I have noted your comment that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. This is not typical of our hotel culture and staff, and we do appreciate all feedback as we are very focused on improving our service, and we wish to improve the experience for all guests.

I understand your disappointment with the hotel, once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife booked this hotel for five days as a birthday surprise for me on my 50th. On arrival we were greeted with friendly helpful staff who could not do enough for us and we were given the chocolate cookies which were really nice. The room we were shown to first was lovely but was a smoking room and we had asked for a non smoking room, however as soon as we let the reception know we were changed to an equally lovely room and the staff were so apologetic, they even sent us an apology note. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic there was something for everyone and every taste we were spoilt for choice. On the day of my birthday and on returning to the room after a day out we found the room had been decorated with balloons and a plate with two cakes and a message whishing me a happy birthday. Whatever we required the staff made sure our requests were met with a smile. We wanted to have dinner at Atmosphere 360 in the KL tower and the concierge went out of his way to make sure we could get a booking for the date we wanted. Nothing was too much trouble, we had a fantastic stay and we would recommend this hotel to anybody. Thank you to ALL THE STAFF at the Doubletree by Hilton KL.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil H
Dear Neil H,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you both had taste our warm & caring service and how the team looked after you throughout the stay - especially the surprised birthday celebration, where the little things mean everything. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been here last year, so i decided to come back again for my weekend.i love the room design which is modern design. The bed is very comfortable. The best part is their breakfast, from traditional Malaysian food to western, all is great with a lot of choice!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear AliceSandah,

Thank you for staying with us again, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our room, bed and breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 28, 2014

we live in doubletree KL for one night last week, we greated by a hot chocolate cookie when check-in.

we booked a double room which is really spacious and clean. the staff are nice and helpful, wifi access without problem.

we ate the breakfast in the next morning which is great too, many business people living there.

for the hotel location, actually it is at ampang park station, a little bit far if you walk to the petronas tower, but it can be accessed through one LRT station from ampang park to KLCC.

I have lived in some other hotels in KLCC before so if the one for travelling, I would recommend the hotels located in KLCC, it will be more convenience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear kimatty,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!