“Rude staff at restaurant”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Rude staff at restaurant”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

the restaurant manager during breakfast was rude. ignored my call for service and on the way out, our shoulders hit while walking pass each other and he did not even apologise or look back. the cookies at arrival were awesome. the staff at check in and check out were very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Nasferatuz
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Nasferatuz,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. I have taken note on your comment regarding the disappointing breakfast experience in Makan Kitchen and I sincerely apologize for the lapses in our service. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at Double Tree this week. It was an early check-in and I enquired before booking whether I could check-in early, to which the hotel answered in the affirmative. I was disappointed when I was told that my room was not ready and that I had to wait. I was extremely tired and jetlagged and waited for 90 minutes before I was told that my room was ready on the 17th floor. As I was making my way to my room, the access card did not work and I was greeted by Adam, a friendly and accommodating chef and manager who was shocked that I was not given their signature chocolate chip cookie upon check-in. He sorted out my access card, gave me a cookie and offered me a complimentary breakfast at the executive lounge and complimentary lunch at the Makan Kitchen. This was a very nice gesture and it confirmed my view that they live up to their name for excellent customer service and satisfaction.

When I had made my booking, I also had a special request to have a view of the Twin Towers from my room. Unfortunately, they were fully booked and they were unable to meet this request. I also found it odd that the room and the hotel did not have an international plug fitting for a South African plug. It was strange as my travels to other remote countries always had an adaptor at the very least to accommodate this. As such I could not charge my laptop.

Overall my experience was pleasant. The shuttle service is very good and professional, the staff at the Makan Kitchen for breakfast were extremely helpful and courteous, the breakfast was great and a wide variety to choose from, the location and views were spectacular, the room was spacious and clean. decent wifi ensured I was connected and the in-room dining service was efficient and the food was phenomenal.

Room Tip: All rooms on the higher floors that end with 13 have a beautiful view of the Twin Towers. Also visit...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Viator_ZA
Dear Viator_ZA,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the disappointing arrival experience and I apologize for the lapses in our service. Nevertheless, I am happy to hear how Chef Adam make-it-right for you. I will certainly pass on your message to the Chef Adam.

In particular I also noted your feedback regarding the switches fitting requirements and please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Mauritius
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel is situated in the city center .First the rooms r very nice especially the hilton honors rooms n clean . Breakfast was ok but everyday the same..Its 5 mins drive to pavillion mall,times square, ,Sungai plaza etc n cost 5 rm by taxi..The staff were helpful n give us late checkout til 4 p.m.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear nazimaMauritius,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found location to your liking. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service, and I take note of the feedback on the necessity to provide variety menu for daily breakfast. We are very committed to guest satisfaction, and the direct guest feedback is an important tool for our evaluation of our success

Havana, Cuba
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This time I have to thank
Jumawati from Indonesia
Daan Pelt from Amsterdam
Isabelle from KL
as well as Kathryn for a very pleasant stay. There were many others at the Executive Lounge who were very attentive and helpful.
I stayed only one day, and believe you me, I never left the hotel!

Room Tip: If you are Hilton Gold you are allowed rooms in the higher floors. If you can please visit the Execu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear aungkhant,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found Executive Lounge to your liking. I am happy to hear how the team looked after you and certainly I will pass on your message to the team. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed overnight while in KL for a business trip to Intermark building, so the hotel is a natural choice as it is connected to the building. The room is clean and stylish, good enough for business trips and weekends. Another plus point is the availability of restaurants within the same building, so you don't have to brave the traffic jams to get to one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mie Chan W,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our property facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

beautiful hotel a bit far away from the city for shopping, pool area was too shaded for swimming too many high rise building which made the water so cold. take note we were told to leave the lounge bar as we did not want a drink at the time and they told us that we could only sit and watch band if we brought a drink which I think was wrong as we had paid to stay at the hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear 747susanu,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience in the lounge. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally. I also appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback on your stay, so we can pinpoint the areas we failed to deliver acceptable service.

Thank you and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate our anniversary and I asked for a few special requests from the hotel. They gave us more than we asked for! A lovely view room with beautiful flowers, chocolate and strawberries.
Room service was fast, staff were very nice and could communicate easily with them.
Location of the hotel was also close to most of the main attractions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Moe_Sara,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location to your liking. I am happy to hear how the team showed their 'CARE' with the little things on your special occasion. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet up with you in the future.