“holiday”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #21 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 8, 2014

beautiful hotel a bit far away from the city for shopping, pool area was too shaded for swimming too many high rise building which made the water so cold. take note we were told to leave the lounge bar as we did not want a drink at the time and they told us that we could only sit and watch band if we brought a drink which I think was wrong as we had paid to stay at the hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear 747susanu,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience in the lounge. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally. I also appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback on your stay, so we can pinpoint the areas we failed to deliver acceptable service.

Thank you and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,442)

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate our anniversary and I asked for a few special requests from the hotel. They gave us more than we asked for! A lovely view room with beautiful flowers, chocolate and strawberries.
Room service was fast, staff were very nice and could communicate easily with them.
Location of the hotel was also close to most of the main attractions.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Moe_Sara,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location to your liking. I am happy to hear how the team showed their 'CARE' with the little things on your special occasion. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet up with you in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel has many fine attributes. First, the rooms and lovely and clean. Second, the breakfast buffet is magnificent with foods of all nations displayed at stations around the room. Additionally, the chefs will cook made to order omelettes and dishes to taste. Third, the hotel is conveniently located near a subway/metro station that can be reached by a covered walkway, so you never get wet in the rain. The hotel is also walking distance to the KLCC and towers, so it is a special treat to walk over to the park at 10 p.m. and see the dancing waters display.

The negative of the hotel is that the WiFi is at best random. Although the hotel advertises itself as a business conference center, the internet in the rooms does not work 90% of the time and you lose work product, get cut off on Skype calls and more often than not, cannot log on to your computer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank happyrelaxeddudes

Dear happyrelaxeddudes,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found our location, room and breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I do understand the importance of Internet connection quality for all hotel guests and I apologize for the shortfall in our service. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally for better service in future. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

My Husband i stayed at the hotel for a short holiday, we arrived early in the morning so the reception was completely empty check in was really quick hotel was amazing nice and clean we were on a high level with a nice view. KLCC was 10mins away it was nice and cool to walk in the evenings. Down side were the lefts two were out of service but overall completely slow. Room service was great. If i visit Malaysia again i would mostly likely stay at double tree again location was the main highlight.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Hanooy H,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location to your liking. I have noted your comments regarding the lifts and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are continuing to work with the team to improve all areas of service.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My Family and I have a very plesant stay in this wonderful hotel,the staff in the Hotel is very friendly and very helpful , We will difinietly come back and stay this hotel, Keep up the wonderful job.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Eddie Lim,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

A lovely hotel to stay in. Overall a great stay. Very clean, great amenities. I would recommend staying on the executive floor as the use of the executive lounge is invaluable with great coffee and even better views.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Martin R,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our Executive Lounge facilities to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

In case you like some freebies, the hotel does give u free cookies upon checking in. And it was delicious. The room was great especially the lighting and ambience. Went for a short one night stay over in kl and this hotel did not dissapoint me

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LeeLung,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service along with our famous DoubleTree cookie at check-in. I hope to be able to welcome you both back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!