“The Perfect Hotel Stopover”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Australia
“The Perfect Hotel Stopover”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is the perfect hotel stopover with all the amenities you will ever need - from the warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival to the very friendly and helpful staff throughout your stay and on departure. The Makan Kitchen restaurant (with multiple areas such as Malay and Chinese) have some 80 different dishes to choose from, plus there are now another 6 new and very bold tastes to try. Between the the beautiful relaxing areas, the fabulous swimming pool, the executive lounge and the fantastic friendliness of all the staff throughout all the areas, it is difficult to leave this hotel to go and explore the exciting and historical city of Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Aussieaussieaussie64
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Aussieaussieaus,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you both had taste our warm & caring service and you found our Makan Kitchen buffet along with the six traditional re-invented favourites; 'A Taste of Malaysia' to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Malaysia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The service and hospitality was great. the staff was very nice and helpful. They surprised us with a birthday cake, sent to our room. that was unexpected. We had a great experience staying there. would definitely come back again in future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Nurul Ain M,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you & family had taste our warm & caring service. I am happy to hear how the team celebrated your birthday. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I got a fabulous room with a view - which is the request I made on the booking form, so they did pay attention and won my heart! The room itself was lovely.

Overall service was fantastic, they do a massive breakfast spread - give yourself 2-3 hours if you really want to pack in. The bar is great and business services are average. Could do with better wifi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear chandnikapur,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you taste our warm & caring service and how the team looked after your booking requirement. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little things that mean so much to our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet at Makan Kitchen and I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am very fortunate to have traveled around the world. In my travels I have been a guest in many 4 and 5 star hotels. My visit to Double tree in Kuala Lumpur is among my favorites. As my friend and I checked in we were offered a beautiful, warm, delicious cookie. When we entered the room our breath was taken away by the beauty. We stayed for 5 nights and at the last minute we added one more night. The hotel staff was so nice to us. Some of them even knew us by name. What a great feeling that is. Thank you Double Tree.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Robert R,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you taste our warm & caring service - along with our delicious DoubleTree cookie at check-in and you found our property to your liking. I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights.
The check in was a breeze with Rash. He made us comfortable and also got us a good room.
the breakfast is pretty good here with a good variety. Overall a great experience.

A couple of small issues we had - We asked for a converter for laptop charging and the guys who came said they dont have it. I saw this being handed out to some other guests later. Probably some misunderstanding.
Also, the guy on the reception at the GYM seems to be doing guests a favor (happened with me and also my colleague separately, also saw a cpl of guests being treated this way) by letting them in and using equipment or handing towels for a swim etc. Hope the staff here is as well trained as others the next time :)

Cheers !

Room Tip: Choose a rrom higher on the floor with one facing the side with a view (they have one)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kanishk V,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the breakfast spread and how Rash looked after you. I will certainly pass on your message to the team. In particular I noted your challenges and I apologize for the shortfall in our service. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the hotel management team so they may be addressed internally.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed with my friend here for 1 night in late April. With my Hilton gold status, we had a good sized room with free wifi and breakfast. Two of my favorite amenities on any trip, though some might argue a suite over breakfast but I prefer a free breakfast to start my day.

Finding the hotel was slightly challenging if you take the subway from the airport. But we found it eventually (inside a commercial building inside a residential shopping center).

Clean, cheap and good location makes the hotel a huge plus as a frequent traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear travellingbuddy1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our Executive Lounge benefits to your liking. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager
Amsterdam
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I found this hotel to offer a decent price in KL, with facilities and amenities suitable for the price range.

I've previously stayed at the Hilton at KL Sentral, and that is definitely a step up from this hotel.

Upgraded to the 'executive' rooms which gives you access to the club on the top floor, and basically buys you breakfast, wifi and drinks at cocktail hour.

My room was fine, but there was clearly mold in my shower, (of the black spot variety), and not just a little. The bed was fine and the A/C system was very loud, even set on low and at 24c.

I ate at the hotel and was ok with the offerings. I advise you to explore KL and try food at local eateries rather than at the hotel - the tastes are wonderful and the cost is far less.

A few words about the staff though - a Dutch team was doing their work experience, (stage) at the hotel and they were really nice and eager to help. I enjoyed their conversation. The local staff at the lounge was also very caring and helpful with recommendations.

Overall, a good experience. Not amazing, but decent value for the price and location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear pf000sk,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed the location, Executive Lounge facilities and how the team looked after you. I have noted your comments regarding the bathroom defects and AC noise. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. The team have been very focused on this and as you noted there are still some areas we need to improve. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com regarding your reservation details so I can then provide you better response. Please accept my apologies again, and I look forward to hearing from you.