“Nice hotel...”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed 1 night in executive room. Check in was running smooth on executive reception, nice and friendly staff all over, good size room, nice and clean all over. Did not eat breakfast at executive level, but used main restaurant since breakfast selection was much greater here. Also, I recommend to try out the Japanese restaurant "Hanare" at ground level under the hotel. Real nice food, especially the teppanyaki.. and very nice staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Christian H,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our breakfast served in Makan Kitchen to your liking. I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very nice hotel with good location which just opposite to the LRT station & 5-10 mins drive to shopping area & night life places. I like their complimentary cookies which was still warm when received on hand. We had our dinner at Tosca Italian restaurant, the food was above quality with reasonable price. Anyway, some of the improvement which I think needed are 1) front desk staff should always smile to the guest, 2) 2 set of toiletries should provide in the bathroom instead of 1 set, 3) housekeeping staff should double check the quantities of towels in the bathroom to avoid complains from guest. Other then that, we were quite happy to this hotel & will recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharon L,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay especially the location and you found our warm chocolate cookie and Tosca's food quality to your liking. I also noted your various comments for reception/housekeeping and I apologize for the shortfall in our service. Certainly we will work with our management team on developing the staff for better service in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hotel is easily reached with LRT or taxi. Twin towers are within walking distance. Nice and quiet rooms, excellent breakfast and what was a really nice surprise: Finnish sauna! Pool view is nice and there is even a small 24h gym. Service is great and you can really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jouni H,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed the stay especially the location, room, breakfast and pool facilities. I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We attended the Asian Regional Marketing meeting in this hotel last March 2014. Rooms were tidy and clean.Meeting rooms were in one floor so I didn't have a hard time attending the meeting sessions. But one thing I will never forget is the excellent customer service that the concierge guy named "Norman",my luggage got missing in the airport via Singapore airlines,as soon as we arrived the hotel, he immediately assisted me and my colleague, he assured me that he will contact Singapore airline and make sure to inform me once he gets news about my luggage. I felt I was taken cared of than the airline that got my luggage missing. Very thankful for the assistance and service he provided us,truly appreciate that. Thankfully, got my luggage a day after. I also loved the welcome Cookie that they gave us.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear iamatarlaquena,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service - along with our delicious cookie at check-in. I am happy to know how Norman has assisted you on the lost baggage issue. He is an asset to the hotel team. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little things that mean so much to our guests.

I will certainly pass on your message to the team, and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet up with you in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

For me and my wives first visit to KL I was fortunate to choose DoubleTree by Hilton. We stayed for three nights in a 33th floor Executive King room. Our stay was so far our best hotel experience ever from the moment when the taxi door was opened at the hotel entrance and we were welcomed to DoubleTree. After that we were ushered to the private check-in on the executive floor (34). Our room was immaculate with amazing view to the surrounding countryside. The huge breakfast (10th floor) was equally amazing with western, local, Chinese and Indian choices. Between hectic sightseeing it was soothing to know that you were able to enjoy the amenities and the peaceful ambience of the executive lounge not to mention the first class and friendly service. (There is a small terrace with a view towards the twin towers.) The hotel building is attached to a huge office building with a shopping centre (grocer’s, too) and pedestrial crossing outside. There is a complimentary shuttle service and a concierge’s desk at the hotel entrance. The hotel is situated some 10 minutes walk from the Petronas Towers. Taxi turned out to be a very convenient and affordable means of transportation in KL. However the cost from the hotel to the airport was MYR 160 or 35 euros or 46 US dollars. The KLIA Airport is 60 kilometers away and it takes an hour to get there. For us the upgrade to executive room offered at the time of reservation (subject to availability) was money well spent and we enjoyed every moment we spent at this big, wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the price.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Patelius,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am glad to know you both enjoyed the stay especially the warm & caring service upon arrival. I am delighted that you found our location, room, breakfast served in Makan Kitchen, Executive Lounge and property facilities to your liking. I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was my first visit and stay at DoubleTree. The direction given by Google Map is not correct. I followed the direction given but ended up in trouble. Google map says from KL Sentral use monorail and stop at Raja Chulan, then walk to the Hotel. It is terribly wrong, because you have to walk very far. By right, it should be using LRT from KL Sentral and stop at Ampang Park station, then follow the walk-way to the Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear YKJong,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am sorry to hear your challenge getting to our hotel via Google Map and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that your concerns have been brought to the attention of the technical team so they are working on the rectification internally. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your challenging experience, and I hope we have the opportunity to provide better experience in future for you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I really enjoyed the stay. It was fantastic experience and i'm looking forward for the next time. The staff are very kind. The location is great near of the city center . I really recommended this hotel .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Sirferrariutd,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had taste our warm & caring service and you found our location and property to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.