DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur
$91
LeMeridien.com
$171
$121
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$197
Agoda.com
$195
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$82
$64
Furama Bukit Bintang(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
$102
$96
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$149
$110
3,611 results
All reviewsmakan kitchendouble treethe executive loungewelcome cookiewarm cookiesampang park stationpetronas towerspillow menufood courtshopping mallcovered walkwayupon checkrain showermodern hotelbusiness tripfree shuttlepleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days 2 nights. Check-in and front desk staff were excellent. Service overall was excellent as well with great location. Rooms are fantastic and nice in size and decor. The only reason I would rate it a very good instead of excellent is the shuttle service to Pavillion Mall promised by the hotel on a Sunday. It was not available as the door staff said the driver had gone back because it was a Sunday, but on the flyer given to me there was supposed to be a shuttle at that time. I was made to take a taxi arranged by the hotel and bear the cost by myself. Did mention to the front desk and nothing was stated about compensating me for this. Didn't made in an issue as it didn't cost much but I planned my day because of the shuttle. So would prefer if the front desk staff could inform customers if there isn't a shuttle service on any certain days.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Mabir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted that you had a taste of our warm & caring service upon arrival. I have noted your comment on the shuttle service and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Certainly we will review the issue and work with the team for better service.

I look forward to welcoming you when travel brings you back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at Doubletree KL for 5 nights this month(OCT13) for my vacation to KL.

Hotel is located near KLCC and city centre, and has pedestrian bridge to subway station. Thus, it was easy to access shopping malls and other places in KL.
Room was not that big, but it was still in good condition and maintained well.
Restaurants in the hotel offered foods in reasonable price, and its breakfast buffet had various selections.
More, there are some restaurants, cafes, drugstore and supermarket in the basement level, so, it was very convinient.

Of course, I have some unexpected, unpleasant experiences during my stay at this hotel, however, it was overally, a pleasant stay and this hotel will be one of the hotel on the list for my next stay at KL.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear kimic01,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

I am happy to read all your notes and you found the location, our buffet breakfast and hotel facilities to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you when travel brings you back here.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently had my second stay at the Double Tree in KL, and I really enjoyed my week at this hotel.

I had stayed here previously just for one night while transiting through, and that stay was quite short, and I had some disappointing service issues.

This was a longer stay, so I got a much better overall feel for this hotel, and it has many good things to offer guests.

This stay I was upgraded to a lovely corner suite (King Bed Deluxe Suite), as I am a diamond Hhonors member. This suite was really spacious, with lovely views, and had a really nice layout, and finish. It was super quiet and private, in this delightful suite, and the bathroom had a lovely bath and rain shower. Would recommend this suite as very good value for money, and maybe a more pleasing outlook than the suite one category up. If you enjoy a bath, and some room to relax, book this suite over the executive rooms, which in this hotel do not have bathtubs.

The Double Tree KL has an amazing buffet breakfast in its restaurant. Probably the biggest array and variety of food I have seen at any hotel anywhere. As it is Malaysia, you will get Chinese, Indian, Malay, and Western breakfast here in the mornings, so well worth opting in for the full buffet breakfast. I have also eaten the buffet dinner, and it was equally impressive, so the Malkan Kitchen restaurant is a big plus for this hotel.

There is also a lovely Italian restaurant by the swimming pool. Here the western traveller who has been in Asia for a while can enjoy some delicious and authentic Italian cuisine. It has quite a nice outlook being semi open air and beside the pool.

In the evenings, there was often lovely live music in the lobby bar area, and the singers were very nice. Here there is an indoor smoking area, or an open non-smoking area to sit and enjoy an evening cocktail. Overall, the cocktails were well made, though I do think that they could be better to really nail an international standard of cocktails you can find in other Hilton brand hotels worldwide.

The executive lounge food service does finish a little early in the evenings at 7:30pm, compared to some other hotels I have stayed in. That said, the range, variety and quality of foods was very good.

Location wise, this hotel is quite easy I found. There is a metro stop across the road, and you can actually walk to some places, like the KL Towers easily enough. The hotel lobby is part of a shopping complex, and this is quite convenient. You will find a super market, chemist, and some other restaurants here. Across the road is another more local shopping centre, which has many different food outlets and stores. So for a tourist it is all very convenient. The hotel also does run a courtesy shuttle hourly to quite a lot of the main tourist destinations.

So overall, this is a quality hotel, with many good features. The service from some staff members is exceptional. That said, there are still some times where the service can be a little hit and miss, and it does seem to depend on which staff member you get. I can still see how my first stay left a not so great impression, as I did still have some rather strange service encounters at different times while staying here. There is room for improvement in this regard. Overall though, the service is mostly good, and as mentioned, some staff members are very charming and capable.

I did really appreciate the General manager taking the time to meet me, in regards to my last Tripadvisor review. This was a very nice touch, as no doubt he is very busy, and it was really nice to have that time from 'the boss'.

If you can get a good rate, would definitely recommend this hotel, as overall it will provide a good stay in a convenient and appealing location.

Be advised that the car service or airport transfer is not a Double tree car as such, but just and executive taxi service, so doesn't really represent good value in that regards. The service doesn't have any airport liason etc like some other Hilton hotel car services.

Room Tip: Book the King Bed Deluxe Suite...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BMOL

Dear BMOL,

Thank you for staying with us again.

I appreciates you taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and also happy to hear you had a taste of our warm & caring service for the recent trip. I look forward to welcoming you when travel brings you back here.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My daughter and I absolutely loved this hotel, from the moment we arrived to the day we left. I have no complaints. Dinner at the Italian Restaurant in the hotel was great, rooms were clean, spacious, quiet, view was great and above all we only had a twin share standard room no fancy executive room and we were very happy. Location was perfect. Complimentary shuttle service was great, our driver was so warm and friendly we were so happy to see his happy face each time.

I will be staying here next time we come and im telling everyone else to stay too :).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gennet,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am happy that you and your daughter had a taste of warm & caring service especially from the friendly driver. I look forward to welcoming you when travels bring you back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Quiet possibly one of the best hotels in KL.
Check-in started the whole experience, and the addition of a freshly baked cookie was very pleasant indeed.
The rooms were very well appointed, the food from room service was excellent, as were all members of staff.
This was for a five day break in KL and the hotel's proximity to the Petronas Towers and all of the local tourist attractions made for a perfect stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear WFProductions,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel.

I am happy to hear you had a taste of our warm & caring service - along with our delicious cookie at check-in and I completely agreed that check in experience is important.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.