“it was good as expected”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
“it was good as expected”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

very close to the subway station so that we can easily travel to another area in KL. walking distance to petronas tower. (it's awesome to go there on foot!)
Kuala lumpur is quite cheaper to stay in 5 star hotel, so I would recommend to try. But as always, first impression when entering the room doesn't go so long.
Anyway I enjoyed my stay in double tree, and KL is surely attractive city!

• Stayed January 2013
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear CWsons,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location and we look forward to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent two nights here in August 2013 and had a great time. The hotel is convenient to the Patronas Towers and neighboring malls. Additionally, one can take the train from the nearby Ampang Park station to sites around the city, including Chinatown.

As an HHonors Gold, I was upgraded to the Executive Level and thoroughly enjoyed the Executive Lounge. The lounge itself has a superb view of the Patronas Towers. Breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres in the lounge were pretty good. HHonors Gold members can also get three items of laundry cleaned per day for free.

The hotel pool was pretty refreshing. In the evenings, the "Food Store" on the ground level of the hotel offers half priced sandwiches, salads, and other items. I found this to be of particular value. At the end of my stay, I was able to get a cab from the hotel to Sentral (to catch the KLIA Ekspres train) for 20 ringgits.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank John S
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our warm & caring service and you found the location, our Executive Lounge facilities and service to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed and they have an excellent exec floor lounge, modern rooms, quiet and well laid out. If you have trouble getting at room at Hilton KL, this is a great alternative. When I arrived they sat me down and brought me a cookie!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BHinSC
Dear BHinAUS,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear you taste our warm & caring service – along with our delicious cookie at check in and you found our Executive Lounge facilities and service to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been staying at this Doubletree since it opened a few years ago. It is one of my favorite hotels on this planet.

There are many staff that have been there since the beginning and they are all great. I've also talked to many other hotel guests and everyone agrees this hotel is the place to stay in KL.

Walking distance to KLCC and the LRT transportation system. There are many restaurants and stores opening on the lower levels of the building. There is even a grocery store now.

My favorite thing about this hotel is the executive lounge staff. They are all fantastic. The lounge offers friendly service and a great view of the Petronas Twin Towers, as well as the KL tower. The lounge staff is what keeps me coming back to this hotel. After a long bit of travel from the states, it's great to be warmly welcomed and feel like I'm at my second home.

Room Tip: If you don't have Hhonors diamond status, do yourself a favor and upgrade to an executive room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Josh R,

Thank you for staying with us again.

I am happy that you had a taste of our warm & caring service from Executive Lounge team. Certainly I will pass on your message to the team. They are great in guest service and an asset to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a great hotel for a business trip or a holiday.....the rooms are spacious well presented and of a high standard...the staff are friendly and attentive ensuring the services provided is of the highest standard...the food is excellent even for us poor suffering vegetarians all dishes are very well presented. The Executive lounge is well appointed on the 34th floor providing great views of KL and the surrounding area... Well worth a visit!!!!!

Room Tip: Suites are excellent!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am happy that you both had a taste of our warm & caring service, and you found our Executive Lounge to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The DoubleTree has spacious rooms but the drawback is that they only have showers - no baths. If you prefer a bath tub you need to book a suite which is not much more expensive and includes a huge bath tub. You can also get into the 34th floor Club Lounge by booking a suite.
The restaurants are somewhat below par with the main one offering a buffet of mainly spicy Indian, Sri Lankan and Malaysian food. To avoid spicy food, go to the section with Chinese food.
Location is not ideal but there is a metro station across the road which provides access to KLCC where the twin towers are located.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! Ask for a room looking out onto the hills. One side of the hotel is very, very c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark V
Dear Mark V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I appreciate your comment on the restaurant foods, and the teams have been very focused on service improvements. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Lahore
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am HHonors member and prefer to stay at this world renowned hotel chain and so far the experience had been really smooth and excellent. This time it was a "reward stay" so that added more points to my genuine assesment of the hotel ;)
Well to start with location, this is probably the best one as very close to train station, malls, walking distance (15 min) to Twin Towers which is all you need when on holidays in Malaysia. The check-in and check-out was too smooth and comfortable plus the staff was very welcoming and nice. The warm welcome cookie is always a treat at Double Tree though they missed to offer it for our second check-in next day which might be because of extremely late hours (around 11:30 pm).
The room interior, bathroom amenties and sleep quality were all excellent and we were in love with the place. You can have a view of Twin Towers from corridor windows as well which is specially amazing in the night. Overall experience was awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Cancerian76,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am happy that you had a taste of our warm & caring service – along with our delicious cookie at check in. I apologies for the shortfall in service on the second check-in. Please rest assured we will continue to work with the team on improvement. Nevertheless, I am happy to read all your notes on the hotel location, facilities and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.