“I stay here often and I'm pleased but.....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Edinburgh
“I stay here often and I'm pleased but.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

On every floor there are fire doors that state they must always be kept closed. They are ALWAYS left open. On one stay I tried closing one but came back later to find it open again.

So what's rights....the notice or the practice.....or have I misunderstood?

• Stayed April 2013
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear sjh2311,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I appreciate your note on the fire rated door issue and your concerns have been addressed to our maintenance team. In compliance with the local fire safety requirements, I assure you the team will improve their patrolling to ensure all fire rated doors is closed, as safety & security of our guests is importance to myself and the team.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have recently stayed in the Hilton Double Tree and were very impressed We upgraded to the executive room and found the lounge to be one of the finest we have used. All the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. We wanted to visit the F.R.I.M. and the concierge arranged everything for us including the taxi, the guide and the tree top walk. We ate in the Italian resturant next to the swimming pool and enjoyed the food. Our room was clean and well presented. The location of the hotel is great, a short walk to the rail service and to the Petronas towers and the shopping malls. We stayed for 3 days before and after our week on Redang island - finding the contrast of the city and beach a perfect combination we would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Labrador45
Dear Labrador45,

Thank you for your gracious comments about your recent stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur.

I am glad to hear you both enjoyed your stay and found the service – especially Concierge team and hotel facilities to your liking. We hope to see you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Been here for couple of times due to work and company paid accommodation. Location is good, very close to Petronas Tower. Service at reception is quite slow. Toilet in my room didn't flushed fully, and as result the water filled the bathroom. I complaint to the receptionist, they sent me someone to fix it at midnite. I've to wait for the guy to finish his work and yet, the toilet still didn't fixed properly. Made a second complaint, I've finally given a new room.

On another occasion of my stay in this hotel, they were charging my credit card without my knowledge and I've only knew about the charges they had made when I received a notification on my mobile a week later. I called the hotel, Miss Pantea who was handling my case rudely deny the case without having the case investigated. I had to call again and explain the situation to her other colleague and later the Hotel Manager get involved. It takes 2 weeks to chase my money back.

Overall this hotel is least of my favorite, been staying in Traders Hotel and Crown Plaza, these both are giving much better service than Doubletree. The parking at Doubletree is not free even though I'm the hotel guest comparing to Crown Plaza and other hotel. Each time my friend dropped me at the hotel lobby, the security will chase us immediately. There's no room for waiting area since it is located beside a main road and whenever a car parked in front of the hotel, the security will keep chasing everyone out.

Room service is quite good, but overpriced due to it's 5 star. There's a small food court and convenience store downstairs that make it a better place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank miss M
Dear miss M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.

I have noted your comments regarding the billing issue and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. The problems you mentioned with the staff attitude have been addressed to respective dept. head. The team is very focused on training & development the failing areas, to ensure such incident does not repeat in future.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is well located and well equipped. Some attention of the number of staff may be needed outside peak hours though. The front desk personnel should be more multi-tasking capable. At least to pay attention to who to serve next in queue. I was a bit disappointed but the services of the concierge made up the inadequate with their genuine and enthusiastic approach to help the guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciated your feedbacks on the hotel, as the guest feedback we received helps us identify the key areas.

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of service you deserved especially the reception service. I will work with the team to improve the service standards to ensure this incident does not happen again. However, I am glad to hear the Concierge team took such a good care of you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just had my wedding there and it was great. The organisation, the service, the rooms were all very impressive. Kudos to the staff of the hotel who made sure I was treated like a VVIP.
I stayed at the terrace suite which was the biggest room they had. Large room with two living rooms....once outside the balcony and the other indoors. The room had a beautiful view of KL city skyline especially the KLCC. I would totally recommend a stay here and even more so if you're going to organise an event.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Luqman M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am so delighted to hear you and your family were able to experience our warm and rewarding experience during your stays and wedding reception with us.

Once again, thank you for the feedback on the hotel and we hope to see you return soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here when we arrived in Malaysia and the night before we flew out.

The hotel is easy to get to by train from the airport. KLIA Express to KL Sentral and LRT to Ampang Park - The hotel is linked to the shopping centre at the station exit by a walkway on the second floor.

Good Service from Check-in staff and bell desk on arrival.
The rooms are what you would expect from Hilton, well presented and clean.
Extensive Gym and Outdoor pool.
Excellent evening meal in the restaurant & equally impressed by breakfast.
Numerous shops and coffee outlets in the same building.
We were able to reserve a taxi and charge it to the room for our return - very helpful bell desk again.

No free wifi in rooms, but available in the lobby (Hilton) and via 'Austin Chase' & 'Dome' coffee shops.

Close to KLCC for shops and Petronas Towers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jetmac84,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear you both enjoyed the stay with us especially the location and you found the service and facilities of the property to your liking.

Hope to see you return soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had recently stayed for 4 nights on business and found the hotel to be very clean and contemporary. I had an issue with a clogged shower drain the first night, but that was cleared up right away. The service was great and I would highly recommend this hotel while in central KL area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the stay with us and you found the service of the property to your liking.

Hope to see you return soon!