“Amazing venue”

Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing venue”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A fantastic hotel! The cookies on arrival were very welcome! All the staff were really friendly and would do anything to help with your stay.
Despite probably not understanding what my roomie was saying through the laughter on the phone to reception, when I locked myself in the bathroom they had a right good giggle with us and they sent and engineer to get me out really quickly.
We loved the pillow menu as well!
We couldn't see the Twin Towers from our room, but you could see them from other parts of the hotel - what a view. Stunning, and even more beautiful lit up at night.
The pool was a great place to go for an early morning swim - I usually had the whole pool to myself!
Breakfast was amazing - so much choice! And it was all sooo good!
I was there on business running an event - the rooms we used were all great and suited us perfectly. Although, it was very tempting to just run and jump in to pool every time we walked by it because it just looked so good!
We ate in the hotel restaurant often (due to working long hours and it was convenient). It was very nice, good food and drinks, and lovely staff.
Its location was good too and made it easy to meet up with friends nearby. Was walking distance to the KLCC. All in all it was a fantastic place to stay and made the trip to Malaysia wonderful.

I stayed in September 2011.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly A
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear KellyA,

Thank you for staying with us, and I really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room bedding, buffet breakfast in Makan Kitchen, swimming pool, and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Doubletree by Hilton is conveniently located about 10-15 minutes walk away from KLCC and twin towers. The room itself is quite spacious and well equipped. We had an executive room, which was on 33rd floor and had a great view of city. Paying extra for executive room is well worth it, since we have got access to executive floor, where we had breakfast and evening meals, drinks and snacks were served for whole day. There is an excellent view of twin towers from the terrace and wifi is available. You can also get an iPad on loan. The best of all is that you can get served by front desk on executive floor instead of going to lobby, for check out, arranging taxi, renewing keys, etc. Since the hotel is quite busy, there is queue in reception in the lobby especially at the time of check in or check out.
We were traveling with 3 year old child, and found that hotel provides free laundry for babies and toddlers 4 years and younger. They can also provide baby strollers and other staff on loan.
The swimming pool was quite good, and there was small kids swimming pool as well. Not sure about any other kids activities.
The service provided was quite good in overall, staff was attentive.
Now on some of the low sides: the sofa in the room was quite dirty with a lot of stains, so we asked for extra bed linen to cover it. There was no bath tub in our room, which is not convenient for kids. The key kept failing and I had to go to front desk several times to renew it. The wifi in the room is not free. And they started doing some painting work right next to our room, so it was quite smelly, luckily we were checking out that day.

Room Tip: Go for executive rooms, they are worth the value
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ainur_kaken
Dear Ainur_kaken,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, Executive Floor Lounge facilities and Tiny Trees program. Please be informed we are completing the in-room Wi-Fi installation and this will be operational in March. Hence, there will be Wi-Fi facilities throughout the hotel. In particular I noted your comment on the sofa cleanliness, and I appreciate you highlight this to me, and allowing me to follow up with Housekeeping Department. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service and facilities.

I trust you and your family also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved staying here and would do so again. The hotel and facilities are sparkling clean - I've never seen such clean bathrooms! Breakfast in the Makan kitchen was fabulous. Our meals and drinks at Tosca were wonderful the staff really looked after us. We loved the pool and hotel location close to KLCC and Towers but still not too busy. Rooms are not huge but not cramped , aircon a little noisy but got used to it beds and pillows very comfortable and so many different dining options in the one place it was great and I imagine will only get better once more retail space below opens up. We will return...soon I hope!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KLshoes,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room design, bedding, Makan Kitchen buffet and hotel cleanliness. I am very happy to know the team looked after you and you had a great dining experience in Tosca.

I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Chennai
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at Double Tree for a couple of days. Nice and clean rooms. ALthough not spacious, the rooms do not look cramped and is adequate for 2. The night view of KL is simply amazing. The hotel is located very near to the metro station and can be easily accessed. The cookie given @ the checkin counter is surealy a treat not to miss. The front staff @ checkin was quite time consuming as we were made to wait for 20 mins and had to fill forms a couple of times. The best part about the hotel is it is strategically located with easy access to the rest of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Petronas Towers.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Eagles316,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location and room design. I also noted your challenges with front desk staff upon check in, and certainly we will work with the Front Office department head to improve the service. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service.

I trust you both also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

mailjen
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The stay here was pretty great. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and has a good counterspace. Although it only had a shower, it was fine. The staff was excellent, everyone was helpful. On the Thurs, Fri night stay, they have a nice lounge area with a pretty fantastic band called D-Dynamix. They were pretty great and I think many guests enjoyed the music. The front desk gave us some cookies, which was a nice gesture but to be honest the cookies were pretty hard and not soft/chewy.
There is a moneychanger 2 floors down. Also there is a walking bridge/foot bridge that will take you across the road and lead you very close to the MRT/rail station. One stop away is Petronas Towers stop.
I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear mailjen,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room bedding, live band in Axis Lounge and the hotel services. I appreciate you highlight the cookies quality to me, allowing me to follow up with Kitchen team. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service and facilities.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I booked a double room via the Hilton website for 1 night for ~$113USD. With Gold status we were upgraded upon arrival to the executive floor, room 3301. The front staff were very kind but quite slow and disorganized - we received the famous Double Tree cookies THREE times. We just kept saying thank you and putting them into our knapsack…. We also received TWO in-room amenities - 1) fruit plate and small basket with what I call “22 layer cake” and 2) fruit basket and chocolates with coffee beans. The room was good with a nice desk area, and table with 2 comfortable chairs. There was a built in luggage rack and closet. The well appointed bathroom was see-through to the room and the view beyond but only a shower no tub. The pool area on level 10 is very nice; a nice big pool for swimming but not very deep. Nice loungers with sun umbrellas and a few scattered seating arrangements. 8 elevators I think - so not bad but they sometimes stop on a lot of floors to reach 33 (ours) and 34 (lounge). The executive lounge staff are outstandingly friendly and helpful. It’s a big lounge with lots of tables and seating areas. There are alcoholic drinks and hot snacks from 5:30-7:30pm – sharp; an excellent Australian Shiraz. And an amazing lounge breakfast - fresh fruit and juice. Eggs, etc made to order. Perfect scrambled eggs with fixings. Several Malay items. The BEST croissants - so buttery. And wonderful service. This was a great stay and I would definitely stay here again – especially with Hilton status.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda S,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the room design, executive lounge breakfast and cocktails and hotel staffs. I also noted your comment on the front desk efficiency, and certainly we will work with the respective department head to improve the service.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree on a short stopover between Vietnam & Sydney. As it turns out we made the right choice. KL is a great place. Train system is easy and efficient, shopping is excellent and the Petronas Towers are unbelievable, and the Doubletree is right in the middle with easy access (covered) to Ampang Park station. The staff are helpful and friendly and the breakfast is to die for. Had a misunderstanding re the wi-fi and had to pay an extra cost. Didn't realise that the room wi-fi incurred a cost, and wasn't explained to us when the modem was put in the room. Emailed the hotel and they came through with a refund. They could have easily ignored the complaint but they didn't. Kudos to them. We'll be going back to KL and will definitely stay at the Doubletree again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John R
Dear John R,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, buffet breakfast in Makan Kitchen and hotel staff friendliness. I have noted your challenge with the Wi-Fi charges, and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Nevertheless, I am happy to read your notes.