“Excellent facilities - Beautiful & Clean”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #22 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved staying here and would do so again. The hotel and facilities are sparkling clean - I've never seen such clean bathrooms! Breakfast in the Makan kitchen was fabulous. Our meals and drinks at Tosca were wonderful the staff really looked after us. We loved the pool and hotel location close to KLCC and Towers but still not too busy. Rooms are not huge but not cramped , aircon a little noisy but got used to it beds and pillows very comfortable and so many different dining options in the one place it was great and I imagine will only get better once more retail space below opens up. We will return...soon I hope!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear KLshoes,

Thank you for staying with us, and I really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room design, bedding, Makan Kitchen buffet and hotel cleanliness. I am very happy to know the team looked after you and you had a great dining experience in Tosca.

I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at Double Tree for a couple of days. Nice and clean rooms. ALthough not spacious, the rooms do not look cramped and is adequate for 2. The night view of KL is simply amazing. The hotel is located very near to the metro station and can be easily accessed. The cookie given @ the checkin counter is surealy a treat not to miss. The front staff @ checkin was quite time consuming as we were made to wait for 20 mins and had to fill forms a couple of times. The best part about the hotel is it is strategically located with easy access to the rest of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Petronas Towers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Eagles316,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location and room design. I also noted your challenges with front desk staff upon check in, and certainly we will work with the Front Office department head to improve the service. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service.

I trust you both also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The stay here was pretty great. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and has a good counterspace. Although it only had a shower, it was fine. The staff was excellent, everyone was helpful. On the Thurs, Fri night stay, they have a nice lounge area with a pretty fantastic band called D-Dynamix. They were pretty great and I think many guests enjoyed the music. The front desk gave us some cookies, which was a nice gesture but to be honest the cookies were pretty hard and not soft/chewy.
There is a moneychanger 2 floors down. Also there is a walking bridge/foot bridge that will take you across the road and lead you very close to the MRT/rail station. One stop away is Petronas Towers stop.
I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear mailjen,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, room bedding, live band in Axis Lounge and the hotel services. I appreciate you highlight the cookies quality to me, allowing me to follow up with Kitchen team. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service and facilities.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I booked a double room via the Hilton website for 1 night for ~$113USD. With Gold status we were upgraded upon arrival to the executive floor, room 3301. The front staff were very kind but quite slow and disorganized - we received the famous Double Tree cookies THREE times. We just kept saying thank you and putting them into our knapsack…. We also received TWO in-room amenities - 1) fruit plate and small basket with what I call “22 layer cake” and 2) fruit basket and chocolates with coffee beans. The room was good with a nice desk area, and table with 2 comfortable chairs. There was a built in luggage rack and closet. The well appointed bathroom was see-through to the room and the view beyond but only a shower no tub. The pool area on level 10 is very nice; a nice big pool for swimming but not very deep. Nice loungers with sun umbrellas and a few scattered seating arrangements. 8 elevators I think - so not bad but they sometimes stop on a lot of floors to reach 33 (ours) and 34 (lounge). The executive lounge staff are outstandingly friendly and helpful. It’s a big lounge with lots of tables and seating areas. There are alcoholic drinks and hot snacks from 5:30-7:30pm – sharp; an excellent Australian Shiraz. And an amazing lounge breakfast - fresh fruit and juice. Eggs, etc made to order. Perfect scrambled eggs with fixings. Several Malay items. The BEST croissants - so buttery. And wonderful service. This was a great stay and I would definitely stay here again – especially with Hilton status.

Dear Linda S,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the room design, executive lounge breakfast and cocktails and hotel staffs. I also noted your comment on the front desk efficiency, and certainly we will work with the respective department head to improve the service.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree on a short stopover between Vietnam & Sydney. As it turns out we made the right choice. KL is a great place. Train system is easy and efficient, shopping is excellent and the Petronas Towers are unbelievable, and the Doubletree is right in the middle with easy access (covered) to Ampang Park station. The staff are helpful and friendly and the breakfast is to die for. Had a misunderstanding re the wi-fi and had to pay an extra cost. Didn't realise that the room wi-fi incurred a cost, and wasn't explained to us when the modem was put in the room. Emailed the hotel and they came through with a refund. They could have easily ignored the complaint but they didn't. Kudos to them. We'll be going back to KL and will definitely stay at the Doubletree again.

2  Thank John R

Dear John R,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, buffet breakfast in Makan Kitchen and hotel staff friendliness. I have noted your challenge with the Wi-Fi charges, and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Nevertheless, I am happy to read your notes.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Many budget hotels have pretensions of being a luxury one. This luxury hotel though has pretensions of being a budget one!

I got a low nightly rate for what I knew to be a 5 star hotel.

The rooms are definitely luxurious and extremely well-appointed. The swimming pool is lovely.

But the staff are not particularly friendly with one security guard asking me to get out of the pool because it was raining (even though there was no such regulation on their notice board!)

The hotel lobby is odd as you have to go up the escalators of a mostly untenanted shopping complex to get there. Without a dedicated and exclusive lobby area its neither friendly nor welcoming.

As for the rooms, beautiful ... but why only 1 miserable piece of letter paper, no pen, no bedroom slippers, a stain on the dressing gown and many bathroom provisions (shaving kit, etc etc) have to be asked for separately. The mini bar is only stocked on request.

The location is fairly good. From Ampang Park train station its one stop to KLCC (Petronas Twin Towers) and about six stops to KL Sentral. You get to Ampang Park train station with a convenient pedestrian overpass.

This luxury hotel should stick to being a luxury hotel, even though the room rates are low.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TunkuHalim

Dear TunkuHalim,

I have noted your various comments and I apologize for the disappointing experience especially the pool area. My priority is the health and safety of our guests. I appreciate you highlight this issue and allow me to follow up with our security department. The guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas. The teams are very focused on improving all aspects of the hotels service and facilities.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is lovely! Very clean, plenty of food to choose from at the food court below. Great concierge, and their famous cookie is delicious! It is run by the hilton, and having stayed at the hilton, I can say the experience is the same (maybe ever better than the hilton I stayed at in LA)

I booked the terrace suite 10 months in advance specifically so I could enjoy the fireworks from the balcony at new years eve for my wife and me. At check-in, we were told we wouldn't receive the terrace suite, we'd only receive the deluxe suite. Although I paid a very cheap rate for the terrace suite, I believe that once the receptionist saw how cheap it was, the hotel changed it's mind and claimed that the booking they received was only for the deluxe. I am reluctant to believe this, as she called her manager, and spoke in malaysian, immediately after she looked at the rate on my hotels.com voucher. She then tried to up-sell the terrace suite to me, so it was clearly available.

We couldn't afford it, so were forced to stay in the deluxe suite (aka the standard room). No city views, and taking my pregnant wife into the humid streets of kuala lumpur, navigating crowds, wasn't an option, so we had to view fireworks form hotel corridor, which offered a very limited view.

Also, this place has free wifi in the lobby, but charges about US$60 for a weeks wifi in the room. Very steep. In this day and age, internet should be guaranteed, just the same as a TV is for example.

Beautiful hotel! I wouldn't definitely recommend! Great rates compared to other cities. It would get a 5/5 for me if it weren't for the booking mess up, and the lack of free wifi in rooms.

Room Tip: We told the boy carrying our bags to the taxi at checkout how much we loved the cookies, and he went...
1  Thank Ed S