“A night stay with family....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 347 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I redeem the room with the HHonor point and bring my family to experience a night stay here. The hotel decoration and facilities are splendid. The staffs was very warm and always smile mmmm and ya, my children love the cookies and ice tea... ^_^
Our room facing the Somerset, nice view at the night but if only i get the KLCC view..The room was very cozy and clean...very suitable for the couple vacation because of the transparent bathroom..don't worry it has an automatic blinder...hehehe... About the facilities, my child enjoy the swimming pool. I didn't have time to try the gym & spa..

Overall, DoubleTree KL was a very nice place to spend with your family. The shopping mall like The Ampang Park and Suria KLCC etc are just around the corner...
p/s: maybe can give more discount on parking ticket... ^_^

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank uv_80
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear uv_80,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, hotel facilities and services. I have noted your comment on the parking rate, whilst is operated by 3rd party. Certainly we are working with the parking management to improve this area, as it is important for all guests.

I trust your children also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at this property for 2 nights, at the executive floor. Rooms were large and spacious, nicely appointed. There was a "careline" which was a one-stop number that guests could call to meet any needs. Understand the hotel's position by only providing some toiletries on request (such as showercaps) as many a time, guests don't use it and it ends up wasted once its wet and can't be reused by the next guests..

Breakfast at Makan Kitchen was OK, with a decent variety. Nothing much to be hyped about. Lounge was good, but beer and alcohol selection was limited. All in all, a good place to stay in KL. Plus the cheap cabs there make up for the less than ideal location of Doubletree for tourists (compared to Ritz and JW Marriott which is located at the Bukit Bintang)

Room Tip: Request for rooms that face the twin towers; and note that the toilets do not have a bath tub. Just...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Weept,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream room, and I appreciate your understanding on certain bathroom amenities is upon request. In particular I noted your comment on the alcoholic beverage and we will work with the team on this area for improvement.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Double Tree Hotels are excellent value for Money and this Hotel is no exception. The Hotel is only about 2 years old so the standard is good with all the facilities you would want. The Hotel is very clean and meets you requirements. One thing I would highlight is the staff, they are all very polite and willing, however they all lack training its so obvious is became quite amusing how incompetent the majority of the Hotel staff are. Don’t let this put you off the Hotel though

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Wakefield_Kid,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream bedding and hotel facilities. In particular I noted your comment on hotel staff training, If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on this issue it would greatly increase my ability to better assess and attempt to remedy the concerns. Please write to me directly Ian.Barrow@hilton.com so we can ensure that we improve all areas of service.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Spent our 3D/2N stay on a Deluxe Suite. Only a 10-minute walk to Petronas Twin Towers, this hotel packs a signature Hilton service and boasts amenities that are at par with its affiliate, the Hilton Hotel. Everything was spacious and buffet breakfast at Makan Kitchen was superb! Will definitely recommend this hotel! And oh, upon check-in you'll also gonna be receiving complimentary signature cookies. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear escaflownie,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream bedding and signature restaurant-Makan Kitchen. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Room 3218 was an Executive Floor room and quite comfortable.
TV remote didn't work and there was a loose fitting on the shower control. Staff in the Executive Lounge were very helpful and welcoming throughout our 3 night stay.
The Makan Restaurant specialising in malay cuisine was very good.
We look forward to our return visit in two weeks time.

Room Tip: Opt for an Executive Floor room - great value if you like complimentary happy hours.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlanMichaelWard

Dear AlanMichaelWard,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream bedding and Executive Lounge facilities. In particular I noted your comments on the TV remote control and I trust my team has responded you in another separete email.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was here for a conference in October 2012. Since traveling from my house to KL was not a good option to take, so I decided to stay there (you can't predict traffic in KL, it can be smooth for the day and tomorrow it can goes haywire.. Hahaha.. It took me 2++ hours to reach the hotel from my house and the distant is only 55km!)

The hotel is in a shopping mall (I think), so it was a little bit tricky to locate the lobby/front desk. But their staff are always there to assist you. The front desk staff was very friendly when I checked in.

The room is spacious! The bed is clean and big and comfortable and bouncy and smells good and.. (add any good thoughts that come to your mind.. :) ) I was suppose to finish my presentation slides that night, instead the comfy bed forced me to sleep and I only realized it at 4.30am.. Hehe.. Ah, I have a complaint to make, since it is a five stars hotel, and we pay quite an amount to stay there, shouldn't you provide a free wifi facility to all your guest? Having to pay for the internet services at an expensive hotel is quite irritating, isn't it.. :p

I like the swimming pool very much but was not able to try it.. The Makan Kitchen was marvelous! Great and multi choices of foods. I like the dim sum served at the Chinese section.. Should add more varieties to it..

Would love to come back to the hotel but my house is too near to spend for a night in KL again.. Hope there will be more conference in the future, hahahaha..

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Jalan Tun Razak and at higher level, the view is nicer
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Faisal_Yunus
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Faisal_Yunus,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream bedding, signature restaurant-Makan Kitchen and hotel staff friendliness. I have noted your comment on the necessity to provide Wi-Fi service for all guestrooms. Certainly we are working with the team for improvement although it may be not able to rectified quickly, however obviously these can always be improved..

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Thoroughly recommend this beautiful hotel to stay at. Recently spent a week there could not fault the service. Staff were so friendly and the Makan Kitchen has by far the most wonderful food and a huge variety to choose from.
Can't wait to go back again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denise505
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Denise505,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially our signature restaurant, Makan Kitchen and hotel staff friendliness. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!