“A premier Doubletree in the city”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Perth
“A premier Doubletree in the city”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Although branded as Doubletree of the Hilton stable this Kuala Lumpur hotel is every bit of the Hilton class as compared to another Doubletree that I have stayed in California ealier this year. The new refurbished rooms are great, and having a Hilton Gold card earned me access to the Executive lounge for drinks and cocktails in the evening. The staff are warm and friendly and special mention must be made of Mr Khalid of the Executive lounge who took special efforts to remember names to call them with a personal touch. But if you need to park your car at the hotel you will be charged RM10 per day as the car park is under the Intermark building management rather than the hotel's.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear PerthVince_K,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I do appreciate the recognition of the great work the team does, and I have congratulated the team for these points too.
In particular I noted your comment regarding the parking rate, we are working with the car parking management to improve this area, as it is important for all guests.

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Out of this world VIEW and SERVICE!!! Awesome HUGE rooms, balcony, HUGEEE Bathrooms........everything is as it is as it should be in a 7 star hotel (it's not a 7 star but facilities are at par).....every small detail was cared for......the only minus was the MYR 600 deposit in spite of full Pre payment.......hope the blocked money is returned soon......centrally located with free shuttle to various parts of KL every hour........KFC and Pizza Hut just across the street.......many fancy and good outlets like hameeds, dome, subway,etc. in the same building.......fancy bars are also there......one of the best in house Buffets I have ever had at MAKAN......Hats off to the chef......very nice swimming pool, sauna, steam and gym with trainers........only thing missing was a jacuzzi.........Keep it up KULDT.........

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jagshan S
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear NeoBangalore,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream bedding, the location and hotel facilities and services. I noted your comment on the pre-authorization charge and I trust my team has responded to you in another separate email.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Hotel is ideally located, has great view excellent rooms but overall experience lets you down. The Hotel is part of a Shopping Mall and the entry, lobby etc do not give you a feel of a Hotel, especially one from the Hilton Brand. The location is also good and if you are lucky to get a room on the road side you can get a view of the twin towers. But the back side also offers great view. The Rooms are very comfortable and done in exqusite style. The sleep quality is great and they offer a wide range of pillows! Getting a table for breakfast is like getting into a crowded bus station and you are lucky to find a table in about 10 minutes. But the food offered is very tasty with excellent range available right from Chinese, Indian & Continental.
Unfortunately this Hotel do not offer wifi in the rooms!
Overall a great place for a Business traveller but not for liesure.

Room Tip: Try for main road facing ones, you can have a view of the city including the Petronas Towers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank reghu r
Dear reghu r,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream bedding & pillows. I have noted your comments about the disappointing experience in Makan Kitchen and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Certainly we will work with the team for training and develop better service in future.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you & your family back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

London
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree for one night in October 2012. It is a very nice hotel very near to the Petronas Towers. The room was good & we also had a late checkout which was helpful as we had a late flight to Langkawi.

The downsides was that the hotel is very far from the airport - over an hour away & traffic can be bad. Apart from the Petronas Towers & shopping malls there isin't much else to do in KL. Also it is extremely hot & humid & we found the heat unbearable.

However, the hotel is very nice & I would recommend this to anyone visiting KL.

• Stayed October 2012
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear T1bby,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream room. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

malaysia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a room with a very good view to the city lights and mountains at the background, totally unblocked view. The room was very clean and contemporary designed. A delicious welcome cookie was given upon check in,

The bathroom has no bath tub, a bit small, so it was separated by a glass partition to the other part of room. The glass wall increase spacious feel but still give us privacy with a motorised blind to cover it. However, things like shower cap is only provided upon request.

The swimming pool has a view to the famous KLCC Tower that could also be viewd from the adjoining Italian restaurants.

The hotel has a buffet restaurant Makan Kitchen that offer good local food (Chinese, Indian and Malay food) at very good value for money price.

If you want varieties, they are also a few restaurants and cafe in the same building. Morever, this hotel is in city centre, you could venture the major shopping malls or go the major office buildings woth the hotel shuttle bus.

Room Tip: Choose one with KLCC view or the city view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear happy128,

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room and our signature restaurant, Makan Kitchen. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Ipoh
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the first Doubletree in Malaysia, but the hotel was renovated from an old hotel, sitting above a refurbished mall, the Intermark, near KLCC. The room is clean, and not overly decorated. In line of other Doubletree, Cabtree and Everlyn's Citrus are being used as toiletries.
We were given a warm signature chocolate cookie upon check in, is really a nice touch! We like it so much that we ordered the cookies through the room service.

The location is near KLCC but it is still far compared to Mandarin Oriental, Traders, the new Grand Hyatt, Westin, Marriott, etc..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tedbeh,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We did talk with the staff and relay our concerns about our trip..one of the reason we choose a popular chain was that the things that did fall through the cracks should have already been addressed.Startng with the transport from the airport...It should be clearly stated in the packages, whether or not transport will be provided...especially since mangement knows that there is a problem at the airport with fraud. The Hilton is a five star hotel, so again we were shocked to find we had to pay for internet. Housekeeping ready has a problem following through on the basic supplies..I rally got tired of calling customer care asking for basic needs..The staff was very polite...but after five days of one thing after another.and wven this this we found broken glass in our carpet on the fifth and final day.O wpuld have through that houkeeping would have been a little bit more aware, knowing we had already complained.it was not a enjoyable stay. We left feeling that maybe being westerners, that there was a language understanding that really hinders proper follow through...five star hotels always have the basics and more without the customers having to ask for mouthwash, grooming kits and etc...just seems like you need to add these things and stop cutting costs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gave245,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedbacks on the hotel.

I understand your disappointments with the hotel especially your arrival experience with airport transfer and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I trust my team has directly responded to you through Hilton Worldwide Guest Assistance. We are working with our team on these failing areas, and I am confident that there has been some immediate improvement for these issues.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.