DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Hotels.com
$96
$91
  • Pool
JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$177
  • Restaurant
$92
$87
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
$93
$67
$154
$138
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
$195
3,611 results
All reviewsmakan kitchendouble treethe executive loungewelcome cookiewarm cookiesampang park stationpetronas towerspillow menufood courtshopping mallcovered walkwayupon checkrain showermodern hotelbusiness tripfree shuttlepleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just back from a trip to Malaysia and Borneo. We stayed at this hotel and cannot think of anything bad to say. The room was spacious and comfortable with a quirky window seperating the Bedroom from the Bathroom. Great view and excellent location from all the main attractions - you could see the towers from the window on the landing outside our bedroom. The only disapointment was that they closed the pool on our final day - they did offer free transport to the sister hotel, but this was a journey of some 40 minutes each way and we really didn't want to waste that much time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear LindaFSurrey,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you both enjoyed the stay especially the location and our Sweetdream room. I understand your disappointment with the hotel pool closure and I apologize for the inconvenient caused.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I would say this is a business hotel and its nothing like hilton. No hairdryer, no shaving kit in the room and I can see signs of wear and tear and also lack of care in the room. Not sure about the price as I was there for business trip, but having stayed in the real hilton in KL this really disappointed me. But if it was branded as something else, i'd rate it 3.5/5

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Benchan1981
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Benchan1981,

I have noted your comments about room quality and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working with the team on trainings to improve all areas of service, as it is important for all guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

4 night stay and overall the hotel is reasonable, but I wouldn't say it is a Hilton.

Rooms are reasonable and the higher the floor the great the view. Good view of the towers.

Staff are extremely helpful and very professional.

Location is not near the golden triangle, but the train station is a 5 min walk and so easy to buy a ticket.

The breakfast is very disappointing, not so many choices for western food.

No free wifi in room and pool is not facing the sun, so a little cold.

It was an average stay, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MoeMarc

Dear MoeMarc,

I understand your disappointment with the hotel, and we are working hard with the team to improve all areas of service especially the variety of buffet breakfast and in-room WiFi service.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree, KL for 1 night as I got complimentary room from the Sales Team of the hotel.

Unfortunately, my name was not registered as guest. I need to go through the hassle to call the Sales Team to confirm again my booking. I guess there is lack of communications between Sales and Reservation team. Hope that they can improve on this. It took about 30 minutes to settle everything before I can get the key to my room.

The hotel is modern-looking but it looks like a shopping mall, stalls all over the place, then you go up an escalator and finally come to check-in desk after you navigate more clutter.

The room itself was spacious, clean and had all the facilities one would expect of a modern, international-standard business hotel - but little else.

On the whole, the service is efficient and above average for Malaysian standards. We didn't opt for the breakfast package, so can't comment about the food.

In summary, the Doubletree is more hype than hospitality. Full marks for marketing. Not so sure we'd give it the 5 stars it deserves.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank nazrin_navin

Dear Nazrin_navin,

I understand your disappointment with the hotel especially your arrival experience and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working with our team on these areas, and I am confident that there has been some immediate improvement for these issues.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a MotoGP accommodation package deal. We were happy with the general service and presentation of the hotel. The location is good - close to LRT station, shopping centre, and the Petrona Towers. If you are staying in Kuala Kumpur for the MotoGP - it is a long haul from Sepang, especially on race day (it took 3 hours to get back, when normally it's about and hour). Another issue we found was that there is no free internet in the rooms. There is free wifi in the lobby, however it didn't work on my computer or my partner's phone, so we had to walk to McDonalds to use the internet! In my opinion, the internet should be free in the rooms, especially in such a prestige hotel.

The food was delicious at the Mekan Kitchen was absolutely fantastic! The service was brilliant, the staff were delightful.

We enjoyed our stay, however, whether or not we enjoyed it enough to stay again is questionable. I do feel that I have stayed at better hotels for the same cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gabsy1984,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, foods quality and hotel services. I have noted your comments regarding the necessity to provide WiFi service in guestroom. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working with team to improve these areas, as it is important for all guests.