“Great staff... Average hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #19 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

4 night stay and overall the hotel is reasonable, but I wouldn't say it is a Hilton.

Rooms are reasonable and the higher the floor the great the view. Good view of the towers.

Staff are extremely helpful and very professional.

Location is not near the golden triangle, but the train station is a 5 min walk and so easy to buy a ticket.

The breakfast is very disappointing, not so many choices for western food.

No free wifi in room and pool is not facing the sun, so a little cold.

It was an average stay, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MoeMarc
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear MoeMarc,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

I understand your disappointment with the hotel, and we are working hard with the team to improve all areas of service especially the variety of buffet breakfast and in-room WiFi service.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree, KL for 1 night as I got complimentary room from the Sales Team of the hotel.

Unfortunately, my name was not registered as guest. I need to go through the hassle to call the Sales Team to confirm again my booking. I guess there is lack of communications between Sales and Reservation team. Hope that they can improve on this. It took about 30 minutes to settle everything before I can get the key to my room.

The hotel is modern-looking but it looks like a shopping mall, stalls all over the place, then you go up an escalator and finally come to check-in desk after you navigate more clutter.

The room itself was spacious, clean and had all the facilities one would expect of a modern, international-standard business hotel - but little else.

On the whole, the service is efficient and above average for Malaysian standards. We didn't opt for the breakfast package, so can't comment about the food.

In summary, the Doubletree is more hype than hospitality. Full marks for marketing. Not so sure we'd give it the 5 stars it deserves.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank nazrin_navin

Dear Nazrin_navin,

I understand your disappointment with the hotel especially your arrival experience and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working with our team on these areas, and I am confident that there has been some immediate improvement for these issues.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your continuous support.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a MotoGP accommodation package deal. We were happy with the general service and presentation of the hotel. The location is good - close to LRT station, shopping centre, and the Petrona Towers. If you are staying in Kuala Kumpur for the MotoGP - it is a long haul from Sepang, especially on race day (it took 3 hours to get back, when normally it's about and hour). Another issue we found was that there is no free internet in the rooms. There is free wifi in the lobby, however it didn't work on my computer or my partner's phone, so we had to walk to McDonalds to use the internet! In my opinion, the internet should be free in the rooms, especially in such a prestige hotel.

The food was delicious at the Mekan Kitchen was absolutely fantastic! The service was brilliant, the staff were delightful.

We enjoyed our stay, however, whether or not we enjoyed it enough to stay again is questionable. I do feel that I have stayed at better hotels for the same cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gabsy1984,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, foods quality and hotel services. I have noted your comments regarding the necessity to provide WiFi service in guestroom. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are working with team to improve these areas, as it is important for all guests.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am really happy to stay in this hotel. Food was delicious and service was very good.
Hotel is also located in a very good place.
Hotel also gave me an early check in, which was very helpful to me.
Hope to come and stay with my parents next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chamaldesilva
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear chamaldesilva,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, foods quality and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

a place to stay with family because nearer to city AND very clean. Easy access to Kuala Lumpur. Nice lunch an breakfast. Indian and western cuisene. Nearer to shopping complex (KLCC, K Avenue, Ampang Park. Nearer to MC Donals, Pelita nasi kandar, UTM Space.

Room Tip: "HIGHER FLOOR NICE VIEW" Pls choose room number 2012"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A Basheer A

Dear A Basheer A,

I am delighted to hear you & your family enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room and variety of cuisines served within the hotel. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in KL before heading over to some fun in the sun in Langkawi. The hotel looks great and the free Cookie at check in was a nice touch. The rooms look new and are well laid out. Although that it claims to be in a central location it seems like it is a little bit further out from the fun compared to some similar competing hotels which might help you avoiding to take shady KL cabs at night. Overall a good time.... I would stay at a doubletree again

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Bed-lessBirthday,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially our Sweetdream room and our famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you both back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights stay. We were given a special rate as a client of Hilton Premium Club member.Our first impression WOW, the lobby was crowded with people check in and check out and luggage was everywhere.
There were only 3 staff at the reception counter, so we had to wait for check in process. After few minutes,escorted to the elevator by young lady manager ( can't remember her name because she walk to fast) to check in at Club Floor. Club Floor located on the top of hotel building. Surprising no key require to access to that floor..
Greeted by Club Floor staff.We realized here more peaceful and relaxing.Warm cookies presented by Khalid and check in process was a breeze.Thank You!Khalid..
We had a room on the higher floor.The style of this room was a modern design. The room is very nice and the bathroom is wonderful, came with modern standing shower with automatic blind. A bit disappointed, Executive room package excluding complimentary Internet access and laundry.
Evening Cocktails started at 1730hrs - 1930hrs, the buffet food selection is limited if compare with other 5 star hotels but the food is delicious.
I found Club Floor staff is polite, friendly,very attentive and always smiles on his faces especially Mark.We enjoyed it..Club Floor staff make pleasant experience for both of us.
Planning to meet up with Club Floor Manager, Fyeeruz on the 1st day, but he busy up and down (according to staff, Fyeeruz require to oversee efficient of check in&check out at lobby too)..such a wonderful manager..
Finally, upon check out..we managed to meet up with Fyeeruz..we expressed our feelings to him that we really impressed with Club Floor staff. The staff were pretty well trained and well mannered.
It was my first time staying in this hotel and i loved it. I'll definitely come again and would not hesitate to recommend anyone to choose this hotel. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear jennykoh,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, our Sweetdream room, and rain shower. I am happy to hear how the Executive Lounge team looked after you & your partner. We are very proud of the team in DoubleTree by Hilton and we see regular examples of how the team make those little gestures that mean so much to our guests.