“Nice way to start or end Malaysian holiday!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for two nights before returning to Cape Town, at the end of a coastal holiday in Malaysia.
The hotel is close to everything. Concierge service was very helpful and staff are fantastic, friendly, helpful. Great bars, restaurants and pool area.
Great place to stay in KL!

Room Tip: Try for higher floors and rooms with City views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Frank T,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay especially the location, hotel services and facilities.
I trust you also enjoyed our Sweetdream room and the famous DoubleTree chocolate cookie.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Very clean and pleasant environment. Concierge service was very helpful. As for those who love to have a dip in the pool, advisable to swim during noon time where the sun is directly shining on the pool area or not other times, the swimming pool temperature is just too cold as most of the time, the surrounding tall buildings around the hotel blocks out the sun. Food was average for breakfast. Location is accessible by train. All in all, a pleasant stay .

• Stayed: August 2012
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear JutterBug,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear how the Concierge team looked after you and I trust you also enjoyed our Sweetdream room and famous DoubleTree cookie.

I thank you for the note on the breakfast quality and the guest feedback we receive helps us identify the key areas for improvement. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com and I can then provide you a better response.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my third time to stay at this relatively new property and I can happily report that, after some initial teething problems, this has become my favorite hotel in Kuala Lumpur. For four-star prices you pretty much get a five-star experience.

The rooms are tastefully and comfortably furnished with: very comfy beds and linens; excellent internet speed (request a wireless router be placed in your room if not up to speed and note that there is a charge for internet access if you do not have gold or diamond status); a large desk with an adjustable desk chair; and a good choice of English-language TV programming. The bathroom has a spacious shower stall with dual shower heads but, if important to you, note that there is no bathtub.

The executive lounge is also nicely outfitted and offers a good selection of food and beverage throughout the day. There are 2 complimentary computer stations with printer access.

The fitness center has brand new equipment and, while lacking some basic weight machines, was never busy. Same for the nice pool area. I did not have an opportunity to try out the spa but it looked inviting.

Finally, I was impressed by the universally friendly and attentive staff. Even when things did not go as planned, they immediately reacted to correct the problem and went out of their way to follow up.

I'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Travel Richly
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Travel Richly,

Thank you for staying with us again, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the Sweetdream room, rain shower, Executive Lounge facilities and hotel services.

I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed a couple of times over the last month or so. Brand new hotel, close to everything. Staff are fantastic, friendly, helpful. Great bars, restaurants, pool. This is not an issues, but the hotel should have amazing views, but the way it has been built stops some rooms from having them.

Was upgraded to an executive room, with lounge access. The lounge has an outdoor area that over looks the city, great views. The breakfast selection was mostly Asian based, a bit limited for my tastes.

Of course a cookie on check in, great place to say in KL

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Rosscoe68,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the Executive Lounge, restaurants & bar and hotel staffs. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

A nice new modern hotel, room was nice and bright. Showed cleanliness of the hotel and have options of what type of pillow you want. Bathroom use modern type of style,where u have big window that separate between room and bathroom but you can close it with blind screen. There was no bath tub but has a nice descent shower and roof shower. A wee bit hard to get taxi at nite time specially on weekend but there are 2 train station in walking distance. No problem during day time... Very close to KLCC but it takes around 10min without traffic with taxi to bukit bintang. Good tasty snacks and finger food served for the meeting.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear audy189,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the Sweetdream room, rain shower and the convention coffee break. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012, it's a new hotel and to the usual Hilton/Doubletree standards. It's a very well appointed hotel having a great choice of restaurants, and good leisure facilities. The room, an executive suite was absolutely excellent, and extremely good value in my opinion. It was very large having a large separate sitting area, as well as a very large sleeping area. The Bathroom again was large, and included a wet room with rain shower which was most welcome after a long Journey.

Staff were all friendly and could not do enough for you.

I actually was visiting KL on Business, but for my purposes felt the hotel was more suitable for a Leisure visit. the main sights are mostly within walking distance (The Petronals Towers and KLCC, Chinatown etc), whereas the location of the hotel meant that getting to the office (in Bukit Raja) took 25 minutes longer than staying at the Hilton at Sentral (not the hotels fault). All in all i recommend this hotel to anyone visiting KL.

Room Tip: Upgarde to an executive room for included breakfast, Internet, and drinks (including alcohol).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear MarkandJustine,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the suite, Executive Lounge facilities and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very good introduction to hotel when I arrived, luggage was immediately taken care of and I was allowed to check in over an hour earlier. Room was spacious with expected facilities of a 5 star and comfortable bed with a pillow menu. Bathroom was adequate but with only shower and no bath tub which I did expect. Was too tired to complain about this and ask for a room change. Concierge staff very helpful and offered some good advice about the area. Breakfast included a good selection although on one occasion my tea and orange juice were taken away when I left the table for fruit selection. I did ask for replacement and was promptly provided. Spa facilities were not free, gym, pool, steam and sauna were. Check out was smooth and my luggage was kept by the hotel to allow me to collect later for my late flight.

Room Tip: Ask if room has a bath tub if you need it as not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear ali_mcfc,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, Sweetdream® bed and pillow, breakfast spread and how the team looked after you. In particular I have noted your comment that your beverage glasses were cleared and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will certainly share your feedback with team concern and take necessary step to improve our service delivery.