“Lovely room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #20 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My hubby and I stayed here for two nights. We were lucky to get a big room; one that has a corridor and shoe cabinet leading to the room. We were pleasantly surprised by its size and welcomed it very much as we had a couple of luggage with us. We enjoyed the comfortable bed and pillows too. My hubby was elated with the pillow menu and slept soundly with his tatami pillows on both nights. However, our stay would have been more memorable without the faulty tap in the toilet and the provision of a bathtub.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N9M
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear N9M,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the room, our signature bed - Sweetdream®. I have noted your comment regarding the faulty tap, and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Certainly we will work with the team to improve the quality of room check.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Doubletree by Hilton was built using the shell of the former Crown Princess which I used to stay in before it was closed down in December 2008. My wife and I decided to give the Double tree a try for a night. Check-in was easy, staff were friendly, and yes, we were given the cookies they have all been talking about. I was dead wrong thinking the room would have the same layout as the ones the Crown Pricess used to have. The room was spacious, king-sized bed, that my wife and I decided to have dinner served inside the room instead of going out.

There's a nice little cafe on the Lobby level, straight across the lift lobby - food relatively cheap, and I love the ambience. We've been back to have breakfast there twice since.

The Doubletree is one station away from the KLCC by the LRT (Ampang Park station), RM1.00 by an air-conditioned bus, or a good 15 minute walk depending on your pace. Across the road is Ampang Park where you can also go to eat and shop for cheap stuff.

We would definitely return to stay here although it is only a 10-minute drive from home.

Stayed: April 2012
DoubleTree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear John S,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, and hotel services. I trust you also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at Doubletree 2 times last 10 days on business and tourist trip.Location, services, facilites is excelent. The hotel is walking distans to KLCC.We have a wondeful time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rossitsa P
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Rossitsa P,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, hotel facilities and services. I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Stay there for a week.
I can give high marks for New and clean, generally high quality feel in most aspects.
Did not like for
No buthtub for the delax room
Breakfast too expensive w/o free coupon
Launge, conducting sometime noizy music in nights
Isolated location.
Check in/out process is longer than norml
Dinner buffet was so-so.
No reward point for a guest who booked the room via Expedia .
USB charger did not work

I made some negative comments but for a price, this is recommendable hotel overall.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear myhonestcomment,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comments regarding the efficiency of check in/out and the foods quality served for buffet. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and we continually are working with the team to improve the facilites and services, and I hope you will see improvements in the future!

Thank you for the note on the loud music in lounge, and certainly we will review this area with team.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We booked months before our visit so we had a nice deal: big two room suit for a nice price! I believe it was Euro 100 with breakfast. We staid two nights. The room was very big and clean. The bed was nice to sleep in! The bathroom was also very nice. In the evening room service for extra towels, coffee, etcetera. In the evening you have a nice view of the Twin Towers! The restaurant and breakfast was also good (Ramadan season so dinner was very special and busy but not too busy). The pool we couldn't use because it rained but Malaysian kids (Holiday season) went swimming after all. Only minus was the bar. There was a live band (some Korean girls with band) and it was horrible! We went into the wine-bar but there was no atmosphere. Overall a nice stay in a very busy city!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear NataschaR,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the Suite, our signature bed - Sweetdream®, buffet breakfast, and Executive Lounge facilities. Thank you for the note on the live band, and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will review this area with the team to improve the hotel service and facilities for all guests.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is in the business area of KL,with a walking distance to KLCC & petronas towers .a modern design hotel with very responsible staff,very good breakfast ,clean rooms and good value are the ID of thi hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear mahmoodtehran,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us especially the location, room, buffet breakfast and I trust you all also enjoyed our famous DoubleTree cookie.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Arrived to this hotel couple of days after my partner had checked in already, no problems with check in, all went smoothly except I did'n get a cookie. Not that I noticed that as I didn't know about this cookie thing. Smile with friendly service would have been nice though.

Room was spacious and comfortable. But unfortunately cleaning was a big let down. There is a note next to the bed, which states that if you leave the note on the top of your bed in morning that linen won't get taken to laundry thus saving water... Well, after couple of nights we did not use the note as we wanted the linen changed. Room was ours about 10 nights and the linen wasn't changed (even with not putting the note on top of the bed) how do we know it. Well, there was a little stain on both top and bottom sheet, which did not disappear. One morning, after waking up, we found used tissues at the bottom of the bed (under sheets) which had not used by us and no, we don't sleep walk.

Towels in bathroom were changed but unfortunately had that bad smell of when things have been washed in over loaded washing machine, needless to say didn't smell clean. Obviously the hotel was in short of linen/towels as towels were replaced sometimes two of them sometimes three, never all and facetowel we only saw on firts two nights... Asked the cleaner who I happened so see, to replace the facetowel, his answer was "don't have, will mention to superviser..." Never saw those towels.

WE left the please clean up our room light on every morning and most days the room was cleaned by midday, but if you want to have an afternoon nap, remember to put the do not disturb sign on, as the supervisors were knocking our door twice one afternoon to check if our room was ready for cleaning (?). One time there was a note under door that room couldn't be cleaned because do not disturb sign was on (room had been cleaned) and note was dated on previous month.

One day noticed that the cleaners were borrowing the vacuumcleaner (obviously there is only one in the hotel) from each other, only to disregard the vacuum to the corridor (about 4pm) where it stayed until next morning, right in the middle.

Decided on a rainy night (totally tired from days work) to give the hotel's Italian restaurant a go. What a disappointment and expensive one. Food was quite tasteless, but what I can't understand is that they charge RM65 for their main meal Prawns and when you receive two Prawns on a plate with lettuce and couple of canned semidried tomatoes, are they just trying to rip you off or send you bed hungry. Well, luckily we were so tired that our empty unsatisfied stomaches didn't keep us awake, as didn't the dirty linen...

On last night (might have been the even the Prawn night) we asked the reception if my partner could keep the room until 2pm following day as work was finishing about then and wanted to have a shower before heading to the airport. Answer was no, as hotel was full. Enough was enough and scene later with some reception supervisor (reception manager couldn't be found) we managed to get the late check out until 2pm. That night there was a fruit basket from the hotel, saying how sorry they were about the problems we had ventured...

And, you know what, the top sheet had been replaced... but somehow they foirgot the bottom sheet... Luckily I didn't have a cookie to crumple.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank HolidayHot
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear HolidayHot,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the recent challenges with your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton. I do understand that your disappointment with the problems you have faced in the hotel, and I would appreciate if you can send me your booking details so we can work with the team on improving the service for all guests. Please directly write to me at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com, and I can then provide you a better response.

Please accept my apologies again, and I look forward to hearing from you.