“Why stinge on wifi?”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #22 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Cant believe that a top end hotel as this doesnt supply free parking and free wifi in the rooms!! Till these are made available, most likely won't returning here.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Stramger
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Stramger,
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel. I have noted your comments on the wifi and parking. We appreciate the support and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,447)

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed in the DoubleTree for two weeks during October 2011. It is a new and modern hotel which is well manged with excellent staff. I was mae to feel at home. I sayed in an Executive Room which was well equipped and spacious. There is a very good Italian restaurant and a restaurant whci allows you to sample different Malaysian foods. Both are good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear RobertR,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, especially the restaurants.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Booked 2 rooms/ connecting. The kids had a room. Front desk staff not professional. We had 2 wait 2 reconfirm the request for connecting rooms and the confusion of the pricing for the kids' special rate(promotion on their website). Overall, stay was pleasant, until check-out at the front-desk.......

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Mataayer,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I also noted the issue with the room booking. Please let me know if there were any other concerns. My email address is ian.barrow@hilton.com

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here in transit for our honeymoon in bali and it was not exactly the best experience. They were fully booked apparently, and although we emailed confirming our booking they made us wait till 4pm to get into the room. There were many other agitated guests especially one with young children which they did try to get them to the room a bit earlier, perhaps 3. we were all in the lounge waiting with some chips and sweet sparkling red drink. they forgot to give us the famous double tree cookie which we asked for in the end. Wifi was chargable, even in the lounge for a crazy price. They did say guests were welcome to use the business lounge computer for 15 minutes to check emails etc which was nice.

the location of this hotel was just by Ampang LRT station but the bridge crossing it was not quite complete and Ifeel would unsafe for children to climb down the steps, also minimal lighting as it was temporary steps?

The hotel itself, I must say, was lovely. The rooms, the pool, the bathroom with a sliding partition through the glass allowing pirvacy. The bakery has nice cakes, light and not too sweet, we got the strawberry cheese mousse, and after 7 or so, many pastries and cakes are discounted by 50%. they had good pies but we were too full to consume any more.

The breakfast was reasonable. the spread looks impressive and the Indian section was great. the egg station person did not understand egg white omelette which i found surprising as most 5 star hotels understand and oblige that nowadays.

facilities wise, we loved the pool. although cold as it does not get too much direct sunlight being between two of the hotel towers, the water was salt water and they had bubble jets in an area which could be turned on and be like a jacuzzi. the staff seemed caring towards other guests with young kids bringing them floats and toys which was nice to see.

overall, I feel this hotel has so much potential. perhaps it is still incomplete thus the staff are few and unable to accomodate to the amount of guests they have. My biggest gripe is the 2 hour wait for a room which is quite unacceptable for such hotel. They could take a lesson from Bali Seminyak which had amazing etiquette and appologised profusely and even offered us lunch for a long wait. With Double tree, it seemed so normal to have guests wait for their room.

anyway, hopefully the hotel will only improve from here. as said previously, the building, room, facilities and location is great but they need to work on the customer service.

Room Tip: do make sure to email them direct to advise time of arrival if you do not want to wait esp if you ha...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ann2C,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay, especially the room, facilities & location. I am sorry that your room was not ready on arrival, and we are working hard to ensure rooms are ready even when we are fully occupied.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was our 1st time in KL and after speaking to other travellers and reading loads of reviews we thought any hotel would offer excellent service. We booked the Hilton double tree as it was a fairly new hotel, close to where we were going to be and expected it to be up to the standard of other Hilton hotels we've stayed at.
After a 13 hour flight and a 1 hour drive from the airport we arrived at our hotel. It was pretty late and we just wanted to get to our room. Initially looking at it, it seemed very far from the taxi to the reception, when we got in we had to go up 1 level to get there and the staff looked like they were on overtime. When I checked in, the lady although wasn't rude wasn't far from it, no smile, no warm welcome, just seemed like she wanted to get home after a long day. I had travelled 13 odd hours and was happier.
We got our key card for our room and were VERY impressed, the decor, the bed and everything else in there was nice. I really liked the automatic blind between the bathroom and bedroom, which could be lifted so that there was only a large piece of glass between the two.
There was no noise and we had great sleep but this could easily be cause we were jet lagged.
When we came down for breakfast I was spoilt for choice, and I have never seen such a buffet in my travels (and I have travelled) they had everything western/traditional malay/indian. all being cooked fresh in front of your eyes. The juices were fresh and tasted awesome.
The double tree was nice and the stay would have been perfect had the staff at least come across happier.
For the price we paid and what we got it seemed worth it, although i'm not sure if this was value for money.
For anyone wanting to stay here do NOT take the blue taxis from outside, they will try everything in their power to rip you off. Instead walk up the road slightly and agree a price with the unpretty taxis and make sure they stick to it.
I would stay there again but would try to get there in the morning when the staff may be happier

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank moshaikh

Dear Moshaikh,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however I have also noted your feedback on the welcome service.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. Even though we had paid the entire amount, during check-in, we had to pay the same amount as deposit.This is ridiculous especially for visitors from other country as they wouldn't carry so much of cash and paying thru card would be expensive!
The look and feel of the room was good.The view was average.However, the service and food quality did not match upto the 5 star level.The buffet breakfast hardly had any vegetarian options and the few choices that we had tasted bland and bad.
People at the front desk are hardly of any help for local information.
Except for the room and the welcome cookies, nothing else meets your expectation from a Hilton!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Niveditha K
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Niveditha K,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I'm very sorry that you did not receive the expected service levels that Doubletree is known for. I also have noted your comments about the range of vegetarian food available, and I am happy to advise this has been rectified.
The next time you are in Kuala Lumpur we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed in Doubletree by Hilton for five nights last week. My experience was OK and satisfying. Zaki did a fantastic job with my check-in and he never forgot my name after that. Everytime I was seen by him he addressed me by name and that shows passion. Raja at the belldesk was very helpful with all the information in and outside the hotel. Chris in the bar lounge was fantastic always. My first impression of the hotel was quite nice and clean hotel. So Congrats to the Housekeeping department for keeping the hotel clean. The cleanest, freshest, and brightest public area bathrooms that I have seen in KL. AC quite noisy in my room. Some hiccups can be fixed in F & B operations and that will further add to guest's positive experience at doubletree. All the best and keep working hard folks and you will become successful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are always better
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear AKK2050,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the review on the hotel.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the room, & the great service by the team. I really appreciate your recognition of the individual staff that made your stay an enjoyable one.