“New properties in KL”

Bangkok, Thailand
“New properties in KL”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights for business in October 2010

The hotel is very new, so nothing to complaint about the room. It is clean, big, nice as doubletree standard.

Breakfast is good. It is about 5-10 mins taxi ride to KLCC.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Kengkla,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your break with us, and you like the location, rooms and breakfast.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Regards Ian Barrow, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Penang
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Like the previous review, check in was terrible. We arrived around 12.30pm on 2 July but there were no rooms available. The staff at receptiom promised to call us 1 and half hours later but never did. We walked back to the hotel after our lunch at Ampang Park. To our dismay, our room is still not ready. We had to wait until 3pm to get checked in, We were not offered the so called Hilton famous chocolate chip cookies. I HAD to ask for it, While waiting, no one offered us any refreshments. After a long drive from the north, we were tired especially the kids , Nevertheless, we were upgraded to executive room which somewhat compensate for all the dissapointments.
Room is definitely a plus. Very comfortable and spacious. Love the rain shower, Housekeeping staffs are very efficient and friendly. Breakfast was good. Overall, we enjoyed our 2 nights stay there.
Parking is chargeable though,

Would love to stay there again but check in services should be improved.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear ImmyPenang,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I have noted your comment about the check-in, and I am glad to hear that the staff tried to make amends after the delayed check-in. I do understand your concerns, and I apologise that we did not make your arrival experience smooth and enjoyable.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed with my family and checked in on the 30th of june. Lets start with the positives, I love the fact that they use crabtree shampoo, conditioner and body wash i loved the smell. the buffet breakfast was decent nothing spectacular like others have said, the western selection was not a wide range but it did have the basic bread, cheese, scrambled eggs etc. if you love indian and malay u would love that part of the buffet. but the fruit was all very fresh and they refilled it very quickly when it was running low.

as for the room, it was very clean and modern, loved the design , very sleek and simple. the pillow menu was a bonus and the staff was quick when we called for them if we needed anything. the shuttle bus service was also a bonus since KL's railway system is not the best. the gym is also very nice and clean with a large dance studio-like room.

now on to the negatives, the check-in time was extremely long, their cookies at check-in was very delicious but it still did not make the check-in time seem any shorter. it was quite hard to communicate with the staff at the reception, they did not speak very good english but their smiles did make up for it i guess.

the location of the hotel is not the best location, there is a train station 3 minutes away but the location of the hotel did not have a lot of local food, shopping the closest station would have to be KLCC. also, the hotel did offer a great shuttle service but the fact that it closes at 7pm is a real downfall since many of KL's action started at night like the Jalan Alors local food street in bukit bintang. another thing.. dont let the shuttle bus driver talk you into some of the 'additional services' he offers, there was definitely some haggling involved when he persuaded us to drive us to the airport or pickus up from the various locations (which is not allowed as doubletree shuttles are only for drop-off not for pick-up).

finally, if you are looking for a lot of sunshine and tanning during ur stay, double tree is not for you since the pool does not catch any sunlight at all, the pool is literally fenced by the hotel building.

another thing which made our stay quite disappointed was the fact that the fire alarm when on at 2:30am in the morning, all the fire alarms in each room was on and the sound was completely unbearable. there was no announcement made and only a notice was stuck to the front door, many of the guests actually packed their bags and evacuated it was not until 2:45am they used the speakers to tell the guests it was a false alarm.

nothing was done as an apologize the next morning, all the guests were quite furious i heard.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Josephine298184

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and you like the rooms, amenities and shuttle service.

I appreciate your feedback on the check-in taking too long, and I have noted your comments about the shuttle service timing should be extended, and the driver and we will review this with the team.
I apologise for the alarm that was activated overnight, and interrupted your sleep. We are working hard to improve our service standards for all guests and your feedback certainly helps us with this. Thank you.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Everything was as depicted in the photos. The room we stayed 3 nights in a standard room and found it spacious. The bed and linen were clean and pillows comfortable. The bathroom was nice although the toilet did not flush easily (annoying). Tea/coffeee supplies were not re-stocked daily. Breakfast was included in our package and the venue (Makan Place) was so large that we did not realised that one third the food choice was hidden away in another section of the eatery (although this begs the question as to why the food stations were not pointed out to us during any of the 3 breakfasts that were attended). The food choice was large but rather plain and uninspiring. House-keeping forgot to clean our room on the last day. Nice hotel but probably over-priced, given it's location away from shopping (except KLCC) and local food.

• Stayed June 2011
Dear ExClemation,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and you like the rooms & amenities.
I appreciate your feedback on the introduction to the breakfast buffet range, as this should be explained for all guests. We are working hard to improve our service standards for all guests and your feedback certainly helps us with this. Thank you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The room is great, especially the bathroom, my son loves the rain water shower! The breakfast @ Makan Kitchen is like an adventure of tasting. The hotel is in a strategic place to reach. Also the hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Love to stay there again ^,^

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Mkarjadi
Dear Mkarjadi,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and you like the location, rooms and breakfast.
Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed at Double Tree during the opening in 2010, and I must say that I had a great stay. Front desk staff welcomed me with a freshly baked cookies. :)

Enjoyed my dinner at Makan Kitchen and Tosca the Italian restaurant.

Thanks to Ms Vanessa & Ms Shankari who made my stay a great one.

Cheers

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChanZ
Dear ChanZ,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the meals in Tosca, Makan Kitchen and the overall service. Thank you for also recognizing Vanessa & Shankari, we are very proud of the great team we have.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel while ona busines trip for just under two weeks. Hotel is really nice, lobby is beautiful, the staff are extremely helpful and the facilities are excellent. High speed internet worked great and the laundry service did a wonderful job with my clothes. I don't know how they fold everything perfectly in line each time, it was like a work of art and I hated to unpack them to put them away. The breakfast buffet was tasty and had great variety but it can get very crowded when there are groups staying at the hotel. Overall I really liked it and will be staying again when I return in August for the second half of my project assignment there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business