“Somewhere cooler when it is hot”

Petrosains Science Discovery Centre
Book In Advance
More Info
$75.00*
and up
Kuala Lumpur Themed Attraction Tour With 4...
Ranked #18 of 333 things to do in Kuala Lumpur
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Interactive science museum for kids, located in the Petronas Towers.
Reviewed August 5, 2018

A modern attraction tucked away up a mall. It took me three hours to work my way and does jump from a child's level of explanation to more complex topics. Plenty of things to read and do.
Obviously as a function of the national oil producer it follows a favourable script towards hydrocarbons. Perhaps it needs to look broader and more educationally at some of the problems of the challenges of plastics, etc where Malaysia has a significant problem.
But for a pleasant diversion in an air-conditioned environment and for a relatively modest price it was well worthwhile.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)
All reviews
"interesting place"
"entrance fee"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Our six year old loved this place and could have easily spent the full afternoon here ( we only had three hours unfortunately). The dark ride was fun as was the space section and the F1 simulator (fun for my husband at least). Only watch point is the fossil fuel bias - to be expected I suppose but still a bit disappointing

2  Thank HungryForMoreMum
Reviewed July 24, 2018

The exhibitions is mainly for kids compare to adults recommended to family's. TI was there about 2 hours kind a bit bored.The staff there are helpfull.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Allow at least 3 hours and make sure that you have just eaten! Super place - lots of activities for everyone in the family.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2018

My expectations were undefined when I went to the Discovery Centre. I was hoping for a good dinosaur exhibit as part of petroleum production, and I expected a bit of marketing for Petrosains. Well, it was a lot of marketing, and very strange dark ride that slows down both the entry and exit to the Centre, and not a lot of dinosaurs. I apparently also missed the t-rex rapping, which is such a disappointment. I have no idea how to make it start singing, but we spent a lot of time in that area.

The staff/volunteers were very nice and good with kids. I felt like it was not that much fun for a younger kid - better for ages 6 and up. I never knew what was going to come around each corner, which was kind of fun, but also confusing - should I stay in one section longer because the next one isn't relevant to a 4 year old?

I've been to a lot of science museums/discovery centers, and this was not in the top 3. Recommendation to management - label the displays so we know what animals are on display in the prehistoric section! Also, maybe have volunteers make sure that older kids don't monopolize some of the activities.