“Nice.....”

Book In Advance
More Info
$14.93*
and up
Petrosains Science Discovery Centre Admission...
Ranked #11 of 276 things to do in Kuala Lumpur
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Interactive science museum for kids, located in the Petronas Towers.
Reviewed July 24, 2018

The exhibitions is mainly for kids compare to adults recommended to family's. TI was there about 2 hours kind a bit bored.The staff there are helpfull.

Date of experience: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)
All reviews
"entrance fee"
in 11 reviews
"top floor"
in 12 reviews
"the petronas twin towers"

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Allow at least 3 hours and make sure that you have just eaten! Super place - lots of activities for everyone in the family.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

My expectations were undefined when I went to the Discovery Centre. I was hoping for a good dinosaur exhibit as part of petroleum production, and I expected a bit of marketing for Petrosains. Well, it was a lot of marketing, and very strange dark ride that slows down both the entry and exit to the Centre, and not a lot of dinosaurs. I apparently also missed the t-rex rapping, which is such a disappointment. I have no idea how to make it start singing, but we spent a lot of time in that area.

The staff/volunteers were very nice and good with kids. I felt like it was not that much fun for a younger kid - better for ages 6 and up. I never knew what was going to come around each corner, which was kind of fun, but also confusing - should I stay in one section longer because the next one isn't relevant to a 4 year old?

I've been to a lot of science museums/discovery centers, and this was not in the top 3. Recommendation to management - label the displays so we know what animals are on display in the prehistoric section! Also, maybe have volunteers make sure that older kids don't monopolize some of the activities.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We only got our tickets at 3:30pm and we were warned it was probably too late for us to cover all the exhibitions. Being our last day we went ahead anyway. Our only disappointment was that we did not go earlier in the trip or at least earlier in the day. Kids could happily have spent the whole day going through the exhibits and trying everything out. We had about 2 hours there which the kids loved but was way too short. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lots of interesting learning opportunities too.