“Very comfy hotel with very good facilities”
Review of GTower Hotel

GTower Hotel
Ranked #33 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Very comfy hotel with very good facilities”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I found this hotel very comfy and the room was spacious. It had a walk-in wardrobe with the attached bathroom. The wardrobe and the bathroom had one door so that you can shower and change without stepping out in the main area of the room. The hotel rooms' location ensured privacy and the in-room dining (I ordered twice) was delicious. The swimming pool was the longest I have seen for a hotel and the area was very relaxing. I think what they can do to improve is to add more channels on their TV.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
norizan_yaacob, Director of Sales at GTower Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Orris,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We thank you for choosing GTower Hotel for your recent stay in Kuala Lumpur.
I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyble time at our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon.

Norizan Yaacob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am still in this hotel at the time Im typing this review.

This hotel is inside an office building. After bringing up up my luggage to the ground floor from the car park, a friendly bellboy attended to me and walked me to the 11th floor, where the check in counter was located. Waited for a about five minutes and was attended by a reception. Check in was smooth and was given a room on the 11th floor itself.

The bellboy gave me a little room introduction. After reaching my room, I then realised that this hotel does not allow any child to be at the restaurants(club) for its breakfast service. I called reception and was informed that i had to pay an additional of RM35.80nett for child breakfast. Since the room only come with one breakfast, I decided to purchase two breakfast; one for my wife and the other one for my child who is four years of age. The breakfast price is the same regardless of adult or child. The breakfast for the child would be either send to the room or by the poolside.

This hotel only has taxi service contracted with the "blue taxi". The difference for this taxi is the taxi meter is doubled compared to the normal taxi. You can still take the normal taxi; provided they drop off passengers at the hotel and you can board it from there.

Being a security conscious traveller, I find that this hotel has some serious lapses in terms of security. My room is in the 11th floor and anyone can take the lift from the ground floor and proceed straight up to my room. This is one area which is worrying me and it is worth for the hotel management to look into it.

On the other hand, this hotel has big rooms with almost brand new equipments. If you are someone who is here on a business trip and looking forward to a new hotel experience, you may try checking yourself in at G Tower. If you are here on vacation and you have children, please avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: There were many reviews regarding noise pollution. But seriously I did not encountered any serious n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Farham777
Dear Farham,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback and would like to apologized for the inconvenience experience you had with us.
We thank you again and we hope we will have the opportuity to welcome you back to GTower Hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great from top to down...from the view above at the rooftop to the food from its restaurants below and the location is so accessible. Nice contemporary interior, great bar and Italian restaurant at the rooftop... I enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Tell reception you don't want windows facing Tabung Haji
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SomadKL,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

Thank you for your postive review of our hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to see you again soon.

Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After more than 10 years of staying in KL I found the GTower really different in a good way - super design, big rooms, cool touches and access to many outlets that surpass normal hotel standards (as they are in an office tower).

Breakfast is not great at all - disappointing lower than average KL buffet food though room is nice. Coffee is a bad and the team constantly forgets to fill and refill things like milk for coffee.

Food for lunch and dinner in the 28th floor restaurant is super. Feeling and service are nice.

Lobby Lounge has good food but was constantly disappointing (I stayed 9 nights). My order was either forgotten...or "we don't have"...or "you have to wait"...or any excuse. Attendants look tired and act tired. Pretty disappointing give this could be a TOP image producer for the hotel and the tower. I kind of had to get used to it and told me local guests about it.

What out for Transport. Individual Driver was fantastic but management not so. Still a touch of trying to 'cheat you' in KL style. I.e. you can go the airport in Mercedes for double the price of a normal taxi. Service is sloppy and keep in mind if you are in a hurry TAXIS are HARD to get and I had to get the Concierge to help me because Transport services were in the back smoking and this was not a priority for them. Hotel should look into this if they want to be super class.

Room, Front Desk, Room Service were outstanding. I will absolutely return.

Room Tip: If you are ok with lower price and absolutely no view go with a non-view room. If you want light an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Daniel,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback which we will look into your feedback seriuosly.
We apologized for any inconvenience experience you had with our services and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to GTower Hotel.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here on business and chose this hotel as we had a training course there as well.

All through the stay the staff were excellent although some of the younger reception staff could do with a bit more urgency about them sometimes (this is a very minor whinge)

The room was fantastic and the bathroom was excellent. it would be useful to have an ordinary hooked clothes hanger though so that we can use the clothes line in the shower perhaps.

The pool was on the small side and overlooked a building site but you can't win every time can you.

The hotel has a very good bar, Chinese and Indian restaurants in the basement as well as a 7-11 type store for basics.

There is a good taxi service into KLCC with a taxi co-ordinator to help you.

This is a very good option for business people staying in KL who are looking for somewhere to base themselves.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear MickCollins,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

South Wales
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for 2 nights after backpacking round Thailand had excellent service. Second time in kuala lumpur and previously stayed in a more traditional hotel. The hotel is ultra modern you even get a t.v in the bathroom. The hotel is clearly geared towards business people therefore pool etc was empty which suited us great. Lovely bar and amazing service had lovely mojitos. Enjoyed our stay and a great base to explore kuala lumpur.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Welshgirl,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We thank you for your positive feedback of our hotel.
It was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back to GTower Hotel soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Seriously, i thought staying in this hotel can release our tension but we became more tension..I ask for 13th level and the reception gave tthe room that had a construnction right above our room..The reception said that the construnction will start at 12pm but it already starts at 9am...Seriously,i'm not happy staying in this hotel..

Room Tip: Please don't stay here if you wanna hear all those construction sounds...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Syakireen85,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We would like to thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the for the inconvenience you had during your stays.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to GTower Hotel.