“Quiet hotel in a good location”
Review of GTower Hotel

GTower Hotel
Ranked #33 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
gagadju
“Quiet hotel in a good location”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Check in at this hotel was very smooth and Alvin was very efficient and quick at checking us in. We stayed in room 2212 (on the 5th Jan- 9th Jan) which faced out onto other rooms. The room was spacious and very clean, I touched the surfaces and there was no dust. King sized bed was extremely comfortable. There is a pillow menu next to the bed, if you want to request soft, medium or hard pillows. It was good to have a big area to place two suitcases and I liked that they had a flat screen tv mounted on the wall opposite the toilet, so one could watch telly while on the "throne". I also liked the living portrait on the wall of fresh orchids in a picture frame, a very clever touch.

Hotel rooms are located only on 3 floors so it is very quiet and one doesn't often meet other guests around the hotel until you get to breakfast. The rest of the building are offices. Unfortunately, the pool doesn't have much of a view as it is surrounded by other buildings. Although there was a building under construction next to this hotel, we never heard any sound.

All the usual complementary toiletries and tea/coffee/water was available in the room. Daily newspaper was also complementary. Breakfast was included although not extensive they did change a few dishes each day so that guests weren't eating the exact same thing each day.

The hotel is very close to Suria KLCC shopping centre & Petronas Twin towers about 10mins walk. If you don't feel like walking, just round the corner from the hotel (less than 2 mins walk) is the MRT Ampang Park station and the next stop from here is KLCC which is underneath the shopping centre and the twin towers. It was very easy and convenient to get the train from Ampang Park station to Pasar Seni (Central Market) and Chinatown. Also, from this line you can get to KL Sentral and change trains and get to Batu Caves which is at the end of the line and only costs $1.00 Malaysian Ringgit.

Across the hotel is the Ampang Park Shopping centre that has Manhattan Fish Market, Pizza hut, KFC and McDonalds. Also in the basement of the hotel are a number of restaurants.

The only two gripes I have about this hotel is that on our second last day, I noticed early on in the morning that they didn't leave us with a bath mat/floor mat, so I went outside to the hallway and saw that housekeeping was still doing other rooms and I requested a bath mat/floor mat. One of them referred me to another guy that was inside the room, he came out and told me that it would be delivered to my room after 5pm. When we returned from sight seeing in the evening there was still no bath mat/floor mat. As I couldn't be bothered to follow this up since they had plenty of time during the day to put a bath mat/floor mat in the room, we used hand towels instead and put them on the floor.

The second gripe is that one morning we arrived at 10:10 am for breakfast. I know this is late (and it was our fault) as breakfast finishes at 10:30 am, however just before 10:30 they already removed all utensils from the buffet, so even though there was food there we could not get them as tongs and serving spoons had all been removed. Despite these minor gripes, I would still recommend this hotel due to its cleanliness, staff efficiency and very good location. If I am ever back in KL, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank aitenshi
norizan_yaacob, Director of Sales at GTower Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Aitenshi,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.
I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and we thank you for your feedback on the missing floor mat and breakfast operation time.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to GTower Hotel soon.

Norizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location - the hotel is located almost at the heart of the city! Travel by car is convenient (Car park for guests are complimentary), albeit of a jam during rush hours. It is also about a 10 minutes walk to KLCC if you don't mind the weather. There's also an air-conditioned skybridge to Bukit Bintang from the Convention Center. Great for shoppers!

Staff Performance - The people here are friendly at most! A concierge took the effort to explain the building and escort us to the reception area, which is on the 11th floor. Check-in & out was swift. Although it took quite a few rings to get to their call center during late night, their tone are always friendly at best!

Hotel Condition - The hotel & building are considered to be well maintained. Very nice looking lobby and reception area by the poolside. Even the room corridors look stunning! The rooms upkeep is still considerably well.

Room Standard - This is a low density hotel, with rooms only covering 3 floors of the whole tower (Level 11,12,13). The room is big in size. All the necessary items are there for use. You hardly need to request anything extra. The bed is king sized huge. Pillow selection is available. TV menu is quick to navigate. Although, the rain shower is a tad bit under-powered. As my room was facing the busy street intersection, occasional loud vehicle exhaust noise could be heard. However, the quality window tint makes the room cool even during hot days.

Food - If you choose not to dine with the hotel, there's a selection of food outlets at the lower ground floor (Subway, I Love You You, Rakuzen, local food etc). There's also McDonald's, KFC, Manhattan's Fish Market, Oldtown & PizzaHut just across the street.

Features - There's a Gym on the 7th floor, swimming pool on the 11th floor, bar, club, business area, dining & reading corner at the top floors. The place looks upper class. There's a seperate lift for basement car park, and you need to take the hotel lift up to the 11th floor for reception.

Cons - Upon check-in, the ipod docking station was not functioning, and that was quickly sorted out. The following night, we had a clogged sink, and that took quite awhile to be fixed. The staff did not really kept us informed regarding the situation when they were moving in & out of the room.

Room Tip: Request for a quiet room if needed as some are facing busy streets / construction.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ZeroH87,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stays and that our team member meet your expectations.
We hope to see you again.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms are well furnished (shower, no bath) but when you have a look out of the window you look straight into the office building which is located at close proximity. Also Jl Ampang is the most bust road in KL and the noise on Friday night was overwhelming.
After two days could not stand it any monger and had to check out.
Left something in my room and sent them a mail but they never bothered to respond.
I definitely will not be back there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Germany
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend who stayed there and liked it. We went for it as it was different, hotel rooms in office block. It was different alright, only business persons and office employees around, instead of usual holidaying guests. Unfortunately the hotel is situated on the main road, hence very noisy. We changed room twice to get the less noisy one which is closest to reception, staff were very helpful there. The best feature of the hotel is the salt water pool on 11th floor, great design, part of it was long enough to swim laps, no smell of chlorine, would go back just for the pool! Rooms are spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to centre of building are less noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We booked this hotel via booking.com, and they asked for an up-front payment. Due to the airline losing my luggage, we checked-in quite late on the day of arrival... and there were no non-smoking rooms left with king-sized beds! We had the option of a smoking king, or non-smoking twin beds. We were pretty upset, but there was nothing they could do. We took a look at the smoking room, and thankfully it didn't smell too badly of smoke, so it was okay for us to stay there.

The room was large and elegant with large windows, but the view wasn't so good. I thought we would be able to see the Petronas Twin Towers, but instead we were facing the back side with a full view of construction.

The swimming pool also faced the construction site, so that wasn't very good.

Breakfast buffet was fantastic, with lots of Malaysian and also Western options. You could get eggs cooked to order. It was located in the Club with a dress code, but I noticed many men showing up in flip-flops and shorts against the dress code.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We didn't make it to this hotel so I can't say anything about the hotel but I can say a lot on how they handle the booking. We accepted a deal on booking.com for direct payment for 2 nights in January and we booked it in November. As it said the money should have been charged immidiately on the day of bookin in November, so I was a bit suspitious that they didn't withdraw any money, as any other hotels do when you agree to the same kind of offer. And we were on the road flying first to Singapore and from there to Kuala Lumpur, the stay was booked on 7th of January and on 6th they contacted booking.com who in there turn contacted me, but I don't check my mail on Sunday on my holiday, they tried to withdraw the money from the credit card which was renewed by me on 1st of January as the old one expired hense the hotel couldn't do it, which they were supposed to do in NOVEMBER on the day of booking as the offer stayed!!! We booked in the airport in Singapore on the departure the other hotel 5* Prince which was cheaper the the offer from G tower. So be aware it may happen to you too!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laststation45
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from GTower Hotel.

We would like thank you for taking time to share your feedback.
The management will look into this matter seriously.
We thank you again and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to GTower Hotel.

Dubai
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Last time I was in KL I stayed at the Mandarin in KLCC, so I wanted to try a different area as well as save a little money, but still treat my husband and myself to a 5-star experience. G Tower did not disappoint. Huge rooms and bathroom, breakfast was more than adequate, the Bridge Bar was the perfect place for a night cap after a full day of walking, sightseeing, and eating. About a 15 ringgit, 8 minute cab ride to Bukit Bintang. We also took the LRT everywhere, since there is a stop conveniently located next to the hotel. My only regret is that we didn't take advantage of the pool everyday. It is long enough to swim laps and perfect to just sit in and take in the views. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple