“Home away from home in KL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sarang Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Lumpur
Sarang Rooms
Newcastle
“Home away from home in KL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had a party of 6 (3 adults and 3 kids) travelling for 3 nights in KL. Michael, Christine their daughter and staff all treated us like family. We got the whole house at #4 which was great, the place had 3 bedrooms, dining room, lounge and 2 bathrooms. We got breakfast each day, foxtel etc. Michael his family and staff are on hand to advise you where to shop, eat etc, they even include you in their daily activities. For anyone staying in KL I suggest you try one of their guest houses, they are in a great location and the help they give you is brilliant. If we return to KL this would be our number 1 choice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed here for about 3 nights in November.
Most things were like expected, rooms were okay and the surroundings just around the house wasn't the thing that we booked it for either.
Though the location itself with close to the big food street, close to monorail-station and other things nearby combined with the excellent hosts did more than make that up.
Weren't really anything to complain about, everything was okay and luckily not many stayed there with us so there was never any queue at all to the bathroom for instance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is really late to review but i have to do it. I booked Sarang rooms because of the reviews in Tripadvisor and boy was i happy or what. Michael, Christina and Anita went out of their way to make everything perfect for us. Helping us sightseeing and taking us to the local market was a treat.
Anita with her breakfasts was a joy to be with.
Overall if i go back there is no other place we stay for sure ....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I've stayed with Sarang Rooms twice before in early 2011. Both times I was traveling solo through KL (on my way to and return from Europe). After staying there 4 nights on my way to Europe, I knew that I had to stay there when passing through on my return trip as well.

The level of hospitality is amazing. The rooms themselves are basic, but very, very comfortable. The airconditioning is a god-send. So is Anita, the woman who manages the properties. She was happy to give me my breakfast at whatever time I wanted, helped me get some last minute laundry done at very reasonable rates and always had a smile. Anita, Christina and Michael all went out of their way to ensure that I got to see a side to Malaysia that I doubt I would have seen had I been staying at a large hotel. The location is fantastic - right in the heart of Bukit Bintang but without the noise!

Michael took me out to the markets outside KL (no other tourists in sight!) on my first night in Malaysia and happily chatted away explaining different products and getting me try different things I probably would have been too chicked to try without his encouragement. He also acted as a go-between to ensure the locals did not rip off the shy, white guy. Though I will never, ever, EVER try the stinky tofu. Ever. As much as he encouraged me to try it! Hahaha.

Christina took us out for breakfast one day and dinner another as well. They take you to places you would never be able to find yourself and where they often don't speak English. But gosh, the food is good. I was also in the office one time with new friends I met at the accomodation and when they told Christina they were off to Melacca and which place they were looking at staying at and how much they were paying - Christina worked out they were likely to get ripped off with their quotes and so called on their behalf and lwo and behold, they were paying quite high tourist rates which Christina negotiated down.

They also helped organise a tour for me and a family that were also staying there out to the elephant sanctuary. This was one of the highlights of my trip. The guide they organised is an actual park ranger and was incredible. Full of knowledge. I have a few park rangers in my family so we chatted about the topic quite a lot. He even knew the small part of Australia where I was from (it's in a National Park). He said that he only does the tours for Michael and Christina occasionally when they ask because they're such lovely people and he knows he'll get respectful people on the tour.

I cannot praise both my stays enough - other than to say, I've booked again for June already this year as I'll be heading back to explore more of Asia.

I also recommended Sarang Rooms to a work colleague who was doing an almost identical trip to Europe that I was (with the stopover in KL) and he was equally impressed.

The only, only tiny thing is that the walls are a bit thin but it didn't make a different to my sleep and I'm a pretty light sleeper!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jaymzdj
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I spend three days/nights in Sarang No.11 with my mom and sister. The beds are extremely clean and we're warmly welcomed by Anita at a very early morning - we checked in at 8 o'clock!! I don't think there would be any 5 star hotel that can offer such a special service. Everyday we got up with nice breakfast, shared our trips and joy with other guests in the same building. Michael and Christina kindly took us to the night market and the 2012 new year countdown in Bukit Bintang. It's amazing. We don't have time to sit at the courtyard and enjoy our tea time. But it would be wonderful as the yard outside the building is sooooooooooo nice and peaceful~

Room Tip: I stayed in NO. 11 and there are 3 rooms in the building. It would be a little noisy in the night wh...