“PRIME Indulgence!”

Ranked #147 of 5,546 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: PRIME prides itself in serving only the finest halal certified imported beef, complemented with an exquisite wine selection. Imaginative interior design with secluded sections enables diners the chance to see and be seen, or to be discreetly seated away from the crowd. PRIME also offers an innovative 'private dining room with a view' which seats 10, offering diners an up close and personal view of the kitchen activities. Impressive floor-to-ceiling wine walls are present throughout PRIME, reflecting the marriage of great steaks and great wines. Wines from around the world are featured and have been priced to represent some of the best value for wine enthusiasts in Kuala Lumpur. The extensive choice of wines is complemented by the presence of a highly experienced Wine Manager as well as a novel Sommelier's Table where diners can taste wines before making their selection. Awarded 'Best Place for Meat' by Time Out KL Food Awards 2014, the extensive menu features a large variety of steaks in different cuts such as the highly regarded Wagyu Prime Ribs with a marbling of 6, in addition to Black Angus 200 days grain-fed steaks and Australian 120 and 80 day aged steaks.
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Went to Prime for boyfriend's birthday dinner. The bread with assorted butter was soft and good. We also ordered the lobster bisque for our appetizers; it was so-so and I would love to try their other appetizers in the future

We opted for the 480g Japanese Wagyu for our mains. The steaks were well seasoned, cooked and of course, rested. That ensured tender, moist and juiciness steak for us to indulge. Yummy! For sides, the creamy spinach and truffle mashed potato were also good. Definitely one of my favorite steakhouses in town!

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank AzreenaR1

Reviewed December 4, 2018

This is my first experience of having steak and I really love it!! I ordered Australian Black Angus Tenderloin medium and its sooo good and definitely value for money. Service is excellent too.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

Prime has managed to maintained their standards over the years. One of my favorite steak restaurant in KL. Service was exceptional as usual plus great food!

Please bring back the lobster bisque which I miss!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

I brought my husband here for dinner to celebrate his birthday. Firstly, this fine-dining restaurant imports halal-certified beef so my fellow Muslims out there can rests their heads about this issue. They do serve wine and alcohol on request, but we both just ordered evian water.

The food was amazing. The truffle ravioli that we ordered to share as a starter blew our minds. It was really really amazeballs!! We kept thinking about the whole time we were in KL since Prime was our the first dinner we had here on our 4 day trip. I ordered a marbled 4 dry aged beef which was one a special/different menu from the main menu, while my husband ordered a marbled 7 steak. I can't really recall the names but both were fantastic! Prices are pretty steep but cheap for fine-dining compared to Singapore, so it's definitely worth it if you'd like to try premium cuts or marbled beef in a fine-dining ambience. My total bill for the night amounted to somewhere in the Rm800 range.

The birthday surprise which I requested for the night before the reservation includes a delicious slice of chocolate cake, not an ordinary cake for sure, along with a singalong birthday song sung by the staff there. They took quite a long while to serve the birthday cake but I think that's because we didn't order any desserts so they didn't have any cues to serve it. All in all, wonderful experience! My husband left a very very happy man.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank hazwaniazhar
Reviewed November 6, 2018

The Prime restaurant is the western restaurant at the Le Meridien Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. The tables are well spaced, and the specialty here are the steaks. The wahyu burger is also great. Service is also excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018