“Great location!”

My Hotel at Sentral
Ranked #14 of 337 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
“Great location!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice n clean hotel with friendly staffs. Room is not too spacious, but cozy enough to stay. The problem is theres no curtain covering shower area, so it always wet wet wet all the time. And when we stayed there on room 404, KL was in heavy raining n somehow even we dont know why, we found leak on the wall making our floor quarterly covered with water! This situation lil bit annoying, coz when it rainy outside, we definetely want a dry place to stay.
But it wasn't a big deal since they send us extra floor towel to cover the water n fixed the problem even for awhile (coz it requiring a lil renovation to fix it, i guess).

I made a reservation through email, no need downpayment at all, even theres a lil problem when we checked in, but they handled professionally. We booked a room with breakfast included, but we found later it wasn't a good decision, coz the breafkast menu with hotel voucher was less choice.

No doubt, this hotel is located in a good place. No need taxy, just turn left, walk along the road n you'll find KL Sentral in front of you n Monorail Station on left way.

Overall, this hotel is a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank RaraIrroppoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good location, next to KL Sentral Station. Friendly staff/reception. Acceptable room condition and cleanliness for the price.
There were some incests in the room. Did not bother much as it was just a night stay (transit)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank albertnyan
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We eventually found this hotel as there are 3 of a similar name close by. Friendly staff, very close to KL station, which you can go anywhere to. Close to Monorail station also. Simple but spacious room, cheap. Free bottles of water as you arrive and a kettle with some coffee, tea, creamer. Shower and toilet in one were clean. Noisy location though as there's so much construction near by and be careful what room you are in as the view might be either of a beautiful, lit up city or construction work. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. A nice little coffee chain cafe downstairs and 7/11 up the road. Free wifi. The hotel does not have anything else though...no cafe, pool, restaurant etc.I don't feel that this was in the safest of areas....it is close to Brickfields...or Little India. Not many tourists nearby so it felt a little intimidating for us white English folk. However, a cheap hotel for a cheap holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buttons81
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After reading reviews online, me and my wife decided to stay at this hotel being close to the Sentral station as primary reason. At 110 ringit per night (without breakfast), the hotel was quite good, room clean and service quick. Hotel lacks a built-in cafe/eating place. Room was quite small as well but good enough for a short budget stay. Can do better in providing toileteries which they currently do not. Location is hotels best point, only minutes away from Sentral station from where you can get to anyplace be it monorail/LRT/bus/taxi/airport
Train etc.

• Stayed April 2013
Caloocan
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As usual on my recent trip to KL, we stayed again at my hotel @ sentral. I booked a triple room and the daily rate is still the same as that of 2 years ago, booking is through email and no downpayment is required. As usual the room is clean but the towels have seen some good times and must be replaced.
The airconditioning needs better maintenance as it takes time to cool down the room. TV remote control is not working so I need to manually switch on and change channel on the LCD TV. Although, the TV has very limited channels provided byASTRO cable, I think it has 13 channels only.
The reason we always stay in this hotel is the convenience of the public transport. The KL Sentral is the bus terminal for trabsport to and from LCCT. The KTM, and the LRT are also within the KL Sentral station. while the monorail station is just 5 minutes walk away.
On our checkout day, we left the hotel as early as 3 am and we were glad to see that the bus going to the LCCT airport are just across the street and we need not drag our luggages all the way to KL Sentral.
The Indian grocery stores across the street sells very cheap water at RM1 for 1 liter bottel. The 7 11 store does not have any stocks left anymore, so I think it is eventually closing down.
The money changer inside the KL sentral provides competitive rates but if you want better exchange rates, try the money changers at Bukit Bintang.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank virstud
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was able to stay here twice for short visit with my family and friends. This hotel is strategically located, within walking distance to all kinds of transportation e.i., from taxi, bus and mrt. From the name itself, Sentral, it's in the centre and very near the Stessen Sentral. The food service included in our room never failed to delight my palate. The room price is reasonable and recommendable to all TA members.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CharmingHoney
Eastbourne
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my third stay in the last few months and again I was pleased with the standard of check-in and with the room and with the hotel's location. The coffee shop right next door is an added bonus. However, the area does seem to be becoming sleazier and sleazier and there are a few "ladies of the night" around even before night (truth to tell I am not sure that all of them are "ladies"!). None of this bothers me but the area may not be suitable for families with children.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have little or no traffic noise but they overlook the front of the hotel wher...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo